First Look: Bushnell Launch Pro and Foresight GC3 Launch Monitor

I was wondering the same, but when I look at the foresight page, apparently club and putter data are both add-ons. So the base price is 11ish and those two bring it closer to 18k.
Gotcha. Club data is interesting, because you are comparing 4 dot to 1 dot, similar to the way GC2 + HMT operates

Plus FSX software at $3k

see I always view that as something separate. For instance, I have a GC2 I use for testing. But I don't need the FSX software to record and see my data on a separate device.

see I always view that as something separate. For instance, I have a GC2 I use for testing. But I don't need the FSX software to record and see my data on a separate device.
I think similarly

Realistically speaking, no golfer is ever going to have a GC quad and a GC 3 next to each other. That’s even too much for an internet golfer. You only need one at a time haha.

This device was quite, quite good. If I needed an in-home simulator, this would be right in contention

of course not, but every review of personal launch monitors compares the accuracy to quad or trackman. we all want $18,000 worth of accuracy for, well, not $18,000. so it's up to us to decide how much accuracy we're willing to sacrifice for the $$$ savings. the side-by-side comparisons are key to making that informed decision.

of course not, but every review of personal launch monitors compares the accuracy to quad or trackman. we all want $18,000 worth of accuracy for, well, not $18,000. so it's up to us to decide how much accuracy we're willing to sacrifice for the $$$ savings. the side-by-side comparisons are key to making that informed decision.

In this instance, zero accuracy, captured the exact same way.

Who said any accuracy has to be sacrificed though? That’s the beauty of foresight not making Doppler systems.

No need to worry on the accuracy with this one dude. (y)

Who said any accuracy has to be sacrificed though? That’s the beauty of foresight not making Doppler systems.

accuracy has always been sacrificed in these personal monitors. hearing that maybe foresight has finally cracked the code is so exciting!

so awesome hearing this!

I always try to simplify. In this instance, if someone is happy with the accuracy of GC2 + HMT, which before GCQuad was wildly popular at retail. And believes the GCQuad offers accurate ball data, then the GC3 will offer similar as the method of capture is the same.

accuracy has always been sacrificed in these personal monitors. hearing that maybe foresight has finally cracked the code is so exciting!
I mean, the code is that they already cracked the code of accuracy long long ago :LOL:;)

Nice video and great looking unit. I have historically been a Trackman guy. I don't own one my but fitter and teacher use them. So besides cost, what's the difference between Trackman and the GC3 performance wise?

I always try to simplify. In this instance, if someone is happy with the accuracy of GC2 + HMT, which before GCQuad was wildly popular at retail. And believes the GCQuad offers accurate ball data, then the GC3 will offer similar as the method of capture is the same.
I really like this way of putting it.

I'm excited for the rest of the details on this. The real question is overall pricing and worth the upgrade from a skytrak.

when you say subscription, is that subscription to the device, subscription to software, or both?
No idea haha. Some base level use with no subscription would be nice vs. paying just to use it. But, obviously no idea on subscription costs. My mind immediately starts assuming it will be expensive. But, that's just because I associate Foresight with industry leading hardware/software. With Bushnell in the mix, it could be affordable.

I'm super focused on that kind of thing, and absolutely nothing concerned me about it.

I would agree, nothing jumped out at me that would be a concern in terms of accuracy.

Nice video and great looking unit. I have historically been a Trackman guy. I don't own one my but fitter and teacher use them. So besides cost, what's the difference between Trackman and the GC3 performance wise?
Big one is accuracy outdoors AND indoors, which trackman struggled mightily with when it can’t track full ball flight.

I mean, the code is that they already cracked the code of accuracy long long ago :LOL:;)

i mean cracked the code of offering something affordable that still gives so much accuracy. in the past it's either been sell a kidney, or deal with bad data. it really sounds like this gc3 is what internet golfers have been clamoring for.

I would agree, nothing jumped out at me that would be a concern in terms of accuracy.
Yeah, the numbers when Dan and I were talking were spot on what im used to seeing for him

i mean cracked the code of offering something affordable that still gives so much accuracy. in the past it's either been sell a kidney, or deal with bad data. it really sounds like this gc3 is what internet golfers have been clamoring for.
All I can say is I think the discussion is going to be interesting and multi faceted

Yeah, the numbers when Dan and I were talking were spot on what im used to seeing for him

and it's not like we didn't all take a ton of swings on it off-camera. It was tested pretty thoroughly and I think everyone will be impressed with the data

This^^^!

If they price it in the $3000-$3500 range(or less) I think they have a huge winner. If it’s pricing is more in line with the GC2 IMO their potential market will be much smaller.
Agree. Pricing is key to whether or not this release even needed to happen.
Nobody is asking for another $10k + launch monitor, at least not that I've heard.

Back