First Look: Bushnell Launch Pro and Foresight GC3 Launch Monitor

Nice video and great looking unit. I have historically been a Trackman guy. I don't own one my but fitter and teacher use them. So besides cost, what's the difference between Trackman and the GC3 performance wise?
I don't think very highly of trackman indoors, because of all the italicized data that pops out for me (especially spin rates). I prefer a unit that can comfortably and accurately calculate the results without having to use guesses/calculations to achieve it.

and it's not like we didn't all take a ton of swings on it off-camera. It was tested pretty thoroughly and I think everyone will be impressed with the data
Yup.

Fast. Accurate. Sleek. Easy to use.

All those boxes checked.

see I always view that as something separate. For instance, I have a GC2 I use for testing. But I don't need the FSX software to record and see my data on a separate device.

Fair point because most software will cost something, but if you look at other launch monitors they don't require a $3k purchase to play other sim software. And if someone is looking for accurate ball data and on course simulation FSX is really expensive when you talk about adding courses at $150 (or whatever their cost is) each.

For a teaching/fitting tool, FSX is quite good and probably more than worth the expense for someone using it for a business.

Yup.

Fast. Accurate. Sleek. Easy to use.

All those boxes checked.
You mentioned in the video that you use the GC2. Does the GC3 offer enough to make you consider upgrading from GC2?

Fair point because most software will cost something, but if you look at other launch monitors they don't require a $3k purchase to play other sim software. And if someone is looking for accurate ball data and on course simulation FSX is really expensive when you talk about adding courses at $150 (or whatever their cost is) each.

For a teaching/fitting tool, FSX is quite good and probably more than worth the expense for someone using it for a business.
FSX is pricey for sure. But i am not sure I can agree on accurate ball data alternatively when I don't know of a single other monitor that measures axis. Trackman gets decently close with their calculations, but you also have a yearly ongoing fee there as well.

If someone doesn't need accuracy at this level and just wants to play sim golf, then there are radar devices that offer that with a bit less accuracy.

You mentioned in the video that you use the GC2. Does the GC3 offer enough to make you consider upgrading from GC2?
Definitely. For me, it’s form factor and potential access to one dot data without having the hassle of getting an HMT

I wasn't in the video, but for me, yes.

Agree. Pricing is key to whether or not this release even needed to happen.
Nobody is asking for another $10k + launch monitor, at least not that I've heard.

yup. might as well get the quad at that point.

if it's anywhere near 10K, I could see it as a travel unit for someone who already has a quad, but that's a pretty small market and not one that needs to be subscription based.

Have you connected the GC3 to TGC2019 yet? I'm wondering if it's capable the same way the GC2 is.

Have you connected the GC3 to TGC2019 yet? I'm wondering if it's capable the same way the GC2 is.
We do not use TGC, so sadly I am of no help there.

FSX is pricey for sure. But i am not sure I can agree on accurate ball data alternatively when I don't know of a single other monitor that measures axis. Trackman gets decently close with their calculations, but you also have a yearly ongoing fee there as well.

If someone doesn't need accuracy at this level and just wants to play sim golf, then there are radar devices that offer that with a bit less accuracy.

I agree with you JB that there are other options available for less accurate options or more nuanced measuring with marked golf balls, etc. I just think that if people are thinking this will be Skytrak from Foresight (or Bushnell) it will be a disappointment for some since the price will exceed that (guess)

I agree with you JB that there are other options available for less accurate options or more nuanced measuring with marked golf balls, etc. I just think that if people are thinking this will be Skytrak from Foresight (or Bushnell) it will be a disappointment for some since the price will exceed that (guess)
Not to mention it’s infinitely more accurate than Skytrak…

Can you connect the unit WITHOUT wireless to a computer? Or via BLUETOOTH to a computer? Or have they locked it down further than the Quad?

Oh and did they give you any updated software demo for FSX with updated graphics? Or have you only used it is with FSX2020?

I heard the phrase “form factor” mentioned several times both in the video and in the thread. Is that just a fancy catchy phrase they are using to describe the sizing and design? Or is that something totally different…..it’s seems to be emphasized….

Can you connect the unit WITHOUT wireless to a computer? Or via BLUETOOTH to a computer? Or have they locked it down further than the Quad?

Oh and did they give you any updated software demo for FSX with updated graphics? Or have you only used it is with FSX2020?

Yes, it has a USB-C cable that is similar to the GCQuad in that regard.
We used this with FSX2020.

I heard the phrase “form factor” mentioned several times both in the video and in the thread. Is that just a fancy catchy phrase they are using to describe the sizing and design? Or is that something totally different…..it’s seems to be emphasized….
Foresight gave us absolutely no information regarding the unit nor did Bushnell. Form Factor was a word I guess that the guys thought would best depict the structure.

Not to mention it’s infinitely more accurate than Skytrak…

Yes, I don't think anyone will question that statement, but at what price will the Skytrak market accept and make the jump to this one?

To each their own but I think this will be in a slightly different price bracket. I'm thinking more in line with the lower level Uneekor.

When you put it beside the GCQuad, which I've used a lot at the tech studio, the term "form factor" or "compact" is definitely the first thing that pops into my head. If there was anything given out by the company to describe the product, I didn't read it :ROFLMAO:

Yes, I don't think anyone will question that statement, but at what price will the Skytrak market accept and make the jump to this one?

To each their own but I think this will be in a slightly different price bracket. I'm thinking more in line with the lower level Uneekor.

Probably none of the Skytrak individuals honestly. As someone hat just gave one of this away to a friend, I get it. Its a super low cost simulation tool (relatively speaking). Its not all that accurate comparatively, but for those that do not care about that aspect, or working on the swing, etc and are sim users, it makes a lot of sense.

Probably none of the Skytrak individuals honestly. As someone hat just gave one of this away to a friend, I get it. Its a super low cost simulation tool (relatively speaking). Its not all that accurate comparatively, but for those that do not care about that aspect, or working on the swing, etc and are sim users, it makes a lot of sense.
Isn't that the reality in the LM market right now though? You get what you pay for, especially up to a certain number.

It's great to see a bridge between the ultra high end and the winter garagers, but when I had the SkyTrack here for a winter I avoided it because of the inconsistency. To each their own.

Isn't that the reality in the LM market right now though? You get what you pay for, especially up to a certain number.

It's great to see a bridge between the ultra high end and the winter garagers, but when I had the SkyTrack here for a winter I avoided it because of the inconsistency. To each their own.

I think so. Its hard not to be able to answer pricing questions, because they are paramount in the discussion, but glad we can answer hardware and device questions.

I believe the #GarageSimulatorCrew is a fantastic thing that is only going to grow. As units come to market it offers a taste of sim golf. I struggle with the costs of Mevo+ and SkyTrak due to what they offer in accuracy in comparison considering their cost, but completely understand the segment.

This should be the barometer moving forward and I look forward to hearing both sides of the debate coming up soon and when these begin shipping.

Back