First Look: Bushnell Launch Pro and Foresight GC3 Launch Monitor

I have to believe the separate badging is done to allow distribution between the currently separate Bushnell and Foresight channels.

Great teaser THP staff. If James is smiling that much, you know it's good. I honestly don't think I've seen him smile that much in a video before. I'm super curious about the pricing structure between the Foresight and Bushnell units and will be watching for the new thread to drop.
I’m well beyond impressed!

It feels like this will be priced significantly higher than many of us hoped/expected initially.
I really like the appearances of it, and the screen does look a tad better than the GCQuad, at least on video.
Looking forward to the next vid and more information

@Canadan here it is powered on under the brightest light in the Tech Studio. It’s raining so going outside is not really an option.

Honestly I don’t expect it to be as reflective as the GCQuad, which has such a great screen for outdoors. But I don’t think walking up to it or seeing it will be too much of a challenge. A shade could be made too.

View attachment 9029312
I see no reason you couldn't fasten a Hoodman to it, and it would be excellent in direct sunlight. I cannot wait to see more details on this, as, I love that it appears slightly smaller than the Quad, which will make travel even easier!

I see no reason you couldn't fasten a Hoodman to it, and it would be excellent in direct sunlight. I cannot wait to see more details on this, as, I love that it appears slightly smaller than the Quad, which will make travel even easier!
Size wise it is the same height as the GCQuad and roughly 1.5" smaller in width. Both will be similar for travel in my opinion and Foresight normally offers some pretty good backpacks or bags to hold them.

Size wise it is the same height as the GCQuad and roughly 1.5" smaller in width. Both will be similar for travel in my opinion and Foresight normally offers some pretty good backpacks or bags to hold them.
Was quite cool to be able to hold them both one after the other. The profile is excellent imo.

Looks like you were all having a very fun time doing testing in the THP Studio! To be a fly on the wall...

The relatively compact size is great, but as a LH player, the wireless feature is what really piqued my interest. I'd be able to enjoy a sim round with other players and not worry about tangling or damaging a wire!

Really looking forward to hearing more on how the Foresight and Bushnell models differ, and what each will cost.

Was quite cool to be able to hold them both one after the other. The profile is excellent imo.
The profile is great, easy to pickup and move around.

Apologies if I’ve missed it somehow, but when will the next THP video drop?
We have been asked not to say the exact date on the release for some reason, but I can tell you that it won't be long and I would look for it soon.

My thu
It feels like this will be priced significantly higher than many of us hoped/expected initially.
I really like the appearances of it, and the screen does look a tad better than the GCQuad, at least on video.
Looking forward to the next vid and more information
My thoughts are similar. It's good to see the design elements are similar, but it definitely feels like it's going to be priced higher than I was hoping for. It will be interesting to see how each is priced.

This looks very cool. great size and features on it. Impressive how these units are evolving. One day I'd love to own one.

Pumped for "the rest of the story" (Paul Harvey voice). I am all for accuracy.

Probably way out of my price range, but does look very nice.

FSX software will be offered as an outright purchase or subscription with two levels (Silver and Gold, with additional courses in the Gold level). What are the ball and club parameters measured by the hardware?

This is actually the first I've heard of these units. I guess I've been sleeping. Are these units supposed to function as simulators with driving range and full rounds on actual courses? If so I really hope they come in at a price point that makes them affordable for the average golfer. Skytrak and Mevo Plus are around $2000 and I'm hoping that these come in not to much more than that. I'm looking to move up from Optishot2 which is just a toy.

This is actually the first I've heard of these units. I guess I've been sleeping. Are these units supposed to function as simulators with driving range and full rounds on actual courses? If so I really hope they come in at a price point that makes them affordable for the average golfer. Skytrak and Mevo Plus are around $2000 and I'm hoping that these come in not to much more than that. I'm looking to move up from Optishot2 which is just a toy.
Yes, this is a full featured launch monitor that will also have simulator capabilities.

Agree. Pricing is key to whether or not this release even needed to happen.
Nobody is asking for another $10k + launch monitor, at least not that I've heard.

Totally agree, the market is small for a launch monitor priced at $8,000+ IMO. I know a lot of wealthy guys at my club that are simply not interested in a launch monitor at that price but absolutely would be at $3-$4k. It might not make sense as most of them won't hesitate to buy a vehicle, RV, or boat that each depreciates $10k per year, but they won't pay that much for a GC3.

Another factor preventing even those who can afford it from spending $8k on a LM is all the private clubs around here have at least one Trackman and many have two or three that give members easy access to accurate data. We have two indoor simulators at my club from November to March and unlimited access to them, and the two Trackman's is $400 per year. This winter, my club is updating the simulators to use Foresight or Trackman.

One day the accurate launch monitor prices will come down where they are affordable to a lot more golfers. I remember working at Best Buy back in the late '80s selling 50-60" big-screen TVs with a mediocre picture and brightness for $3,000-$5000, which in today's dollars is $6,496-$10,827. The 40" Mitsubishi Tube TV was $4,500 when it first came out or about $10k in todays dollars and we sold a surprising number of them especially right before the SuperBowl, lol.

Totally agree, the market is small for a launch monitor priced at $8,000+ IMO. I know a lot of wealthy guys at my club that are simply not interested in a launch monitor at that price but absolutely would be at $3-$4k. It might not make sense as most of them won't hesitate to buy a vehicle, RV, or boat that each depreciates $10k per year, but they won't pay that much for a GC3.
Im not sure it’s as small as people think it is. While this doesn’t pertain to this unit, Foresight as a brand could barely make GCQuads fast enough for demand pretty much since launch.

The next question I have regarding the GC3: Is it considered by Foresight to be the evolution of the GCQuad, or is it more of a middle tier addition?
If it is the latter, what is the evolution of the Quad? It must be coming soon, no?

I get the obvious difference between the 3 and the Quad, but what advantage does 4 cameras bring over 3?

The next question I have regarding the GC3: Is it considered by Foresight to be the evolution of the GCQuad, or is it more of a middle tier addition?
If it is the latter, what is the evolution of the Quad? It must be coming soon, no?

I get the obvious difference between the 3 and the Quad, but what advantage does 4 cameras bring over 3?

I think it’s more approprirate to think of the GC3 is the evolution of the GC2 - as a GC2+, so to speak.

The fourth camera provides face angle, loft, lie, rate of closure. Beyond that, my understanding is that it provides identical data to GCQuad.

Im not sure it’s as small as people think it is. While this doesn’t pertain to this unit, Foresight as a brand could barely make GCQuads fast enough for demand pretty much since launch.

You know the market much better than me and certainly Covid drove up demand and slowed supply for many products. In my small circle of 15-20 avid golf buddies, none currently have a LM over $500 but I'd guess half of them would bite on something accurate like a GC3 if it was in that $3-$4k range. At $6k plus, none of them would purchase.

Foresight on their website indicates they have 15,000+ currently in use worldwide so they must sell something like a few thousand units each year. Obviously with 25,000,000 golfers in the US, not many individual golfers own one.

Last edited:

This was actually covered a bit earlier in the thread.

i would wonder how much of that was recreational golfer demand, vs instructor / retailer / green grass.

Back