First Look: Callaway 2021 ERC Soft Golf Ball

Sounds like a good wet conditions ball for me when the roll is less. But I can also buy a urethane ball for about the same price or less. But if these can get more distance, these would be worth a try if I were a fan of the triple stripe. I am not. But for those who are, seems a very worthy contribution to the market

I was thinking about this exact same scenario for the ERC. The late fall of 2021 will get me to buy some of these.

Late fall for you guys is what July/August? 😂

Am I correct in inferring that these will only be available with Triple Track? I actually know a person in my office who could benefit from this ball, but doesn’t like Triple Track. Not sure why he doesn’t, but he doesn’t.

Late fall for you guys is what July/August? 😂

As you probably remember, the weather for the 2016 Ryder Cup was phenomenal! 66 for the high on Sept 30th and 72 for the high on the 2nd of October. I will wear a polo all the way to 50.

I was thinking of late October! :)

Am I correct in inferring that these will only be available with Triple Track? I actually know a person in my office who could benefit from this ball, but doesn’t like Triple Track. Not sure why he doesn’t, but he doesn’t.

I never feel good over a ball when putting with any track. I don't trust it.

This is a ball that I am quite interested in this year.
I typically use a urethane ball and played mostly Tour B RX or Chrome Soft in 2020. While I am going to try to test some other premium level low spin balls; as a straight forward player around the greens, this ball spoke to me a bit. I’m interested to see how this new Paraloid hybrid cover feels, as opposed to those other balls with urethane or surlyn.

Almost 4 yds more just for opening the box up? Huh. Might need to listen a little more than I have in the past

I like the current ERC and will try these for certain. Good write up

Nice write-up, Jman. I played this for a while in 2019 leading into the Odyssey Experience. I loved the Triple Track. Like others, I experienced a little loss of distance off the tee and it lacked spin into and around the greens but TT seemed a worthy trade-off. When Callaway goes after change in the ball, it does it with gusto and puts out a tremendous product. I'm curious about that 4 yards and added spin.

Nice to see some changes resulting in ~4 yards more distance. Keeping these on the radar when I make my 2021 ball decision.

I liked the original ERC. I’m happy to see the price come down with this version. I think a lot of golfers may pause on paying $35 for a non-urethane ball. It will be interesting to hear Finley on the podcast later today discuss how Callaway is going to market and position the product to explain the value proposition to every day golfers.

I am open to trying this ball. As some others have mentioned, it was shorter for me off driver and, enough so, that I quickly abandoned it when it was first released. With the improvement, it has potential.

Sounds like a good wet conditions ball for me when the roll is less. But I can also buy a urethane ball for about the same price or less. But if these can get more distance, these would be worth a try if I were a fan of the triple stripe. I am not. But for those who are, seems a very worthy contribution to the market

Just one thing to keep in mind - all Urethane is not created equal

Think these will definitely be tested out this year. I love the TT in both the CS and CSX so if I can get good results for $13 less per dozen I have to look at it.

Having now taken a few swings with this ball I can’t say anything about the 4 yds distance claim but definitely no complaints in the feel or spin department based on the numbers during the live stream.

Having now taken a few swings with this ball I can’t say anything about the 4 yds distance claim but definitely no complaints in the feel or spin department based on the numbers during the live stream.

I have been told it works really well off of cart paths and when miraculously appear out of nowhere :)

I have been told it works really well off of cart paths and when miraculously appear out of nowhere :)
They usually go right in the hole after that 🙂

I tried the original ERC and like the feel of the ball, but hated the TT. I don't use any alignment aids for putting and this just seems to be an annoyance. It would have to be superior to the CS, Z Star, or Maxflix Tour before I'd consider it.

pretty cool to see what they put into the development of the ERC and almost 4 more yards is cool. based on my experience with the prior iteration, i'm much more inclined to play a Chrome Soft but i know some golfers will love these.

Who out there has been gaming these? I've been pondering finding balls in this bracket to keep me a little straighter, and I rarely play the one hop spinners and nipped shots around the green, at least not on purpose, so I'm wondering if this will help my approach play get some consistency. This ball is high on the list with triple track.

Back