First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

@Jman any pictures of the new Apex Pro next to the original peanut Apex?

@Jman any pictures of the new Apex Pro next to the original peanut Apex?
I don’t have the pro in hand right now. Not sure if @JB has one kicking around the lab or not

I don’t have the pro in hand right now. Not sure if @JB has one kicking around the lab or not

I don't have any original Apex hybrids, but these are so different from a tech stand point the comparison would be aesthetics only.

I don't have any original Apex hybrids, but these are so different from a tech stand point the comparison would be aesthetics only.
Yeah. I think that’s what he was wanting, because for sure tech is EONS apart. I’ll toss an OG in the dad van for the trip in to the Showcase and we can nab some pics (y)

It will be interesting to see how the distance and forgiveness of the apex hybrid compares to the B21.

It will be interesting to see how the distance and forgiveness of the apex hybrid compares to the B21.
Im betting it’ll be longer, just a hunch. But forgiveness wise, I don’t know if you can beat the BB

I'll be honest. This might come before the irons. Been waiting for this release.

Another good write-up James. I'll be hitting them at my first opportunity and am now seriously looking forward to it.

Thanks for the breakdown, James. That's a ton of great information. The shape of the Pro caught my eye.

Nice to see a 6h offered this time around.

To be fair, the 5h was 26.0 last time so it hit that spot for a lot of people

I didn't realize that. Cool. Do like they made two options. Pro and a little bigger version.

Another great write-up James. Really liking the look and sound of the Pro. I am still gaming the original Apex hybrids in 4 and 5 because I haven't found anything better for me. Would love to give these a try.

I didn't love the last Apex line since the shape was pretty small. I didn't love the Big Bertha hybrids, for some reason I can't get around to the adjustable hosel on hybrids, I prefer the glue.

While I have the Rogue's firmly in the bag, I didn't try the Mavrik hybrids since I wasn't really interested.

It's nice to have two types come out this year, but this is not something I am looking to upgrade at the moment.

oh yeah, I like the two profiles. Could go for a bomber in the lower loft and more iron type in a higher loft.
That's what I was thinking as a progression, they both look great

Im betting it’ll be longer, just a hunch. But forgiveness wise, I don’t know if you can beat the BB
I feel like I can't mishit with the B21 if it's anywhere on the face but the distance is eyepopping as well. If the Apex is longer than the B21 it is going to be a serious weapon.

The original Apex is my favorite hybrid ever. I may have to give the pro a try though I wonder how different they are at this point.

I like the look of the pro a lot. Might be the only hybrid I try this year. Pretty set on going with utilities unless this one convinces me otherwise.

The pro speaks to me. I have enjoyed playing a 3 hy, and that might be the one that gets me into a 4 hy. I'll have to hit it, of course, but that tight little shape just looks great!

Great write-up, @Jman. I've been looking forward to seeing what Callaway had up their sleeve for '21, doesn't look like they're going to disappoint.

Those are looking good.(y)

I love that they included the Pro model to fill that gap as a long iron replacement. So far I've been looking for a hybrid that fills that 4 iron distance gap and the last version just didn't quite work. It sounds like the tech in this should be a real big forgiveness improvement over past versions.

I love the tech story here and these look good! The only thing that could make them better aesthetically is a matte finish. That said, I can't wait to hit these bad boys. 4H spot looks like it just came up for grabs.

When we chatted to them about these, they were really excited to bring the two different options to the table. Also the speed blades may be one of the coolest features they've introduced so far. Much more (ha) than just the standard jailbreak bars that they've used in the past. @Jman describes them perfectly! Great write up as always!

I love the tech story here and these look good! The only thing that could make them better aesthetically is a matte finish. That said, I can't wait to hit these bad boys. 4H spot looks like it just came up for grabs.

Mav Pro is shaking a bit after seeing this release.

Back