First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

Shaking like a cat at the dog pound.

I was thinking nervous like a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs, but you get the idea.

I think these are going to be straight fire.. I loved the peanut’ish shape of the pro.

When we chatted to them about these, they were really excited to bring the two different options to the table. Also the speed blades may be one of the coolest features they've introduced so far. Much more (ha) than just the standard jailbreak bars that they've used in the past. @Jman describes them perfectly! Great write up as always!
This really stood out when we got to talk to the Callaway guys. They were very excited about this tech and why the design works best in hybrids.
They also admitted that previous hybrid releases did not always suit the widest range of golfers which is why they have 2 models targeting two different golfers. This might be the year I put a hybrid back in the bag.

These will have to be really good to knock my speedzone hybrid out of the bag. I had the previous apex hybrid but struggled with the draw bias. So will give these a test when I can.

These will have to be really good to knock my speedzone hybrid out of the bag. I had the previous apex hybrid but struggled with the draw bias. So will give these a test when I can.
The tungsten weighting in the standard Apex hybrid helps specifically with that! It moves the weighting and the CG a little closer to the toe as to not create such a dramatic draw bias as the last one

I feel the same way. They look damn impressive and I tend to gravitate to the Pro model because of the shape and size but my Cobra SZ 3hyb has been a rockstar. Not saying its not up for evaluation with these in the mix but its an uphill battle. That being said, the tech in these are amazing and they look fantastic. Gotta see the numbers and I have to get a feel for them in my hands.

Would love to try both of these and love seeing the Recoil Dart as the stock offering in the standard hybrid

These simply look amazing. Could be a contender to compete with my Srixon hybrid from 2019

I still have the OG Apex hybrid in the bag and hit them well. I'll be trying out the pro's here for sure. I'll probably try out both versions.

I’m not sure I’m going to be able to resist the Apex. I have a mav pro 4Hybrid and it’s doing all that I need in that spot, but the Apex is like a nice home cooked meal. Always fresh, tastes great and very consistent.

20210116_202747.jpg20210116_202827.jpg

This might be the one competing against my 3 irons late this winter for a spot (got to hit one other dark horse). Looks really good behind the ball, sits pretty square, and was flying pretty darn straight. Kind of liked the sound. Had something. Further research needed.

Last edited:
Added weight in the toe should be huge for those hybrid users looking to help eliminate the draw/hook shot that creeps up when you don’t want it. Wasn’t sure about checking out hybrids this year, but now idk anymore ;).

I'm intrigued by the regular version.... I bought the Flash on a whim last year and it couldn't unseat my gbb epic - it wasn't close really.... intrigued to see how this compares to the super hybo from a year ago...

These look great. Digging the chunkier version too. I love my Mavrik hybrids, but I will give the standard Apex a try. Maybe the adjustability will allow me to go one hybrid instead of two.

These are fun. A lot of fun. The Pro is definitely the OG Apex pro footprint and it’s a ton of fun to hit.

These are fun. A lot of fun. The Pro is definitely the OG Apex pro footprint and it’s a ton of fun to hit.

Any distance/flight characteristics differences you find between the two now that you are in the THP studio? :giggle:

I need to hit these this week! Both models have my attention.

how else does it compare to the OG Apex? forgiveness? distance? i have the OG and the 19 and am curious about the 21 now.

Callaway has nailed the sound on these. I’m not a huge hybrid lover yet I keep going back to try. The squared toe look at address is very appealing and for me they just wanted to fly straight, I think many are going to really like this hybrid

I need to hit these this week! Both models have my attention.

Same. Next Tuesday I will get a crack at these and see how they compare to what I will say have been my favorite fairway and hybrid combo so far ( Cobra SZ 5w and 3h ).

I am 100% smitten with the Pro.

I am 100% smitten with the Pro.
Did you find these a little less draw bias than previous versions? I was thinking the added weight in the toe may help with that. That and the adjustability of the non-pro.

Did you find these a little less draw bias than previous versions? I was thinking the added weight in the toe may help with that. That and the adjustability of the non-pro.
Think OG Pro, not the most recent Apex Hybo. This one is a throw back to that abs a true players style (read: neutral) hybo. It’s stellar. (y)

Would love to see the apex pro side by side with the sim2 rescue. Has it been mentioned why it’s not adjustable but the standard apex is? I admit to skimming so if it’s in here in apologize

Back