First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Hybrids

Well a 20* Apex Pro has been ordered. After seeing it in person last weekend I decided it was worth a blind shot. I love the size and how it should blend in as a great long iron replacement. I've been using the original Apex hybrid over the last year and if I could get 5 more yards in distance but still get good spin this could be a perfect replacement for the original.

Hit the standard apex 21 4h off a mat at the range in chilly, breezy conditions and results were so-so. I hit some good shots but it felt like I could hit more good shots with my Apex 19 4h. I am looking forward to trying the 21 Pro 3h when it arrives.

I am sure that this has been posted before, but it might be worth a repeat. Here is a side by side with the Apex 21 and the Super Hybrid. The Apex is a 19*. The Super Hybrid is 17*. The difference in size is even more apparent than what these photos depict. The Super Hybrid is significantly larger.

63D95FED-3658-4481-B5B2-A8F686FB5205.jpeg620B6F68-C798-49C5-938C-126F6674B859.jpeg

I am sure that this has been posted before, but it might be worth a repeat. Here is a side by side with the Apex 21 and the Super Hybrid. The Apex is a 19*. The Super Hybrid is 17*. The difference in size is even more apparent than what these photos depict. The Super Hybrid is significantly larger.

Now I'm almost afraid of setting my Apex Pro up against the Super Hybrid when it comes in!

Now I'm almost afraid of setting my Apex Pro up against the Super Hybrid when it comes in!

It's going to look dwarfed compared to the Super Hybrid.

View attachment 8995208View attachment 8995209

Apex hybrid is the perfect size! nice little moon shape.

if you're like me, you always want to see how new clubs look at address compared to prior generations.

L to R: 21 4h, 19 4h, 16 4h
IMG_8233.JPEG

L to R: 16 4h, 19 4h, 21 4h

IMG_8234.JPEG

Top to bottom: 21 4h, 19 4h, 16 4h
IMG_8236.JPEG

The new ones look really good, have fun with that one!
That 21 4h is going back to Callaway. I had it for Callaway Community testing. I am excited about my 21 Pro 3h though and can't wait to hit it.

Back ordered date moved again to the right almost a week...sad when I ordered on the pre-order date. The only customization is the grip and it is not the reason for delay according to them.

I hit my Apex 19* a couple of times in 38* temps. It is set up with a Smoke 80 HYB shaft. I think it is going to be an incredible hybrid.

I hit my Apex 19* a couple of times in 38* temps. It is set up with a Smoke 80 HYB shaft. I think it is going to be an incredible hybrid.

I went with the smoke black 80 myself. Took a couple dozen swings in the garage. Incredible might be an understatement !

The Apex 21 is just so sweet looking.

I have both the Apex Pro 23 and the new utility, 21* bent to 22*. I am sure I will go back and forth, but if I need height with descent, the hybrid is so much better. Probably not a surprise, but the Apex Pro is a really good iron replacement.

They nailed the look and design with this one. It definitely is what you would imagine an Apex hybrid would look like

B1584FF5-9D6E-44B8-8756-B97DA69BAF35.jpeg

It looks like it's time to do some comparisons soon.

CAF87622-0F22-4552-83FD-9728C6F531AA.jpeg01D3D18E-8F5F-47B3-9538-3ADAA778E520.jpeg

I think I prefer the matte crown. Still considering one of these though I’m wanting to hear more on the performance.

Reactions: KEV
I think I prefer the matte crown. Still considering one of these though I’m wanting to hear more on the performance.
I really wish they would go back to the matte crown. It's become my favorite finish and the shiny crown just doesn't look at good to me. That's not just with Callaway, it's pretty much all brands these days.

Back