First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Ok, Apex Pros back to the $Tapers and with perfect swing weights! Excited to get them on course.

Anyone know Callaway's current lead times? I placed an order last week and the very nice rep who got me set (shoutout to Allen) said the website ship times were incorrect. My jaws wedges would likely be 1-2 weeks and the Apex Pro's with the stock MMT's 105 would be early May at the latest. Website still says 6-8 weeks for the irons (May 24 would be six weeks from today) but my order status is Mon 06/28 - Fri 07/02.

What are we thinking for times? Obviously the delays continue, but any guess as to which date is most likely?
My February 2 order shows last week of April right now. So who knows...

My February 2 order shows last week of April right now. So who knows...
I ordered 5-AW on April 1st and mine also currently shows the last week of April, right now.

Just spent an hour on the phone with a customer service manager. He says early July due to Mitsubishi delays getting the stock MMT shafts. So darn frustrating.

I personally am happy about the long lead times on these! I just got new irons and every time I get the urge to impulse buy the new Pros i see the lead time and realize my current irons probably are better and I dont need a new set just yet. I just like the look of the new Pros better.

Very interesting! Thanks for the feedback. Going to call after work today. Funny part is I didn't wind up getting the AW. I agree it's probably a website thing. Right now, however, if I try to place an order for my same specs it displays 6-8 weeks. My order details under my account would have it at 10-12 weeks.

Is it possible to have them ship clubs separately? Technically I ordered on the phone because the 4-PW wasn't an option for the Pro's in MMT on the website. I wouldn't mind if say 4 or 5 clubs come. For me, I think it might be shaft and not head related because my wedges are also in the long time frame.

If you ordered from Callaway they can and will ship them to you separately if there are ones that will take longer. They have for me on every order this year I think.

Im pretty confident in saying that if I get one more delay I'm going to pull the plug on the order, and as Ive said above, it's only the efforts of @DNevsCG that Im hanging in. I want the damn irons badly, so I am very hopeful.

Are you able to purchase locally right now? I’m guessing you would have already if so. They are good man.....really really good. Been really impressed w/ em. Good luck!

I played one round with the TCB so far. They’re pretty much exactly what I was hoping for. They feel amazing, they look fantastic, they give me a nice mid flight. They’re definitely not distance irons. Just really really consistent.

I find that they’re actually pretty darn forgiving too. My miss is towards the toe. The miss isn’t severely harsh and I still get good distance out of it.

Im not too surprised, but these pretty much seem to be exactly what I’ve been looking for. Just a classic looking/feeling iron that aren’t rocket launchers.

Actually got some clarification from my new buddy Russ at CG. Apparently lead times are based upon purchase orders with suppliers (shafts, grips, etc) not what's actually in stock. So any orders placed in Feb-March would be filled with what they had already in hand. My lead time for the Pros with MMT were based not on what they had at CG facility but a new purchase order from Mitsubishi. The MMT's scheduled to arrive at Callaway in April are now slated for June...or so I am told. Just wish the Callway website would indicate that point.

If you ordered from Callaway they can and will ship them to you separately if there are ones that will take longer. They have for me on every order this year I think.
Thanks. Yeah the earliest they're saying for the shafts is June. Some might be into July. Hopefully then they can ship me at least one!! I'll play with woods, a putter, and whatever they send :)

Im pretty confident in saying that if I get one more delay I'm going to pull the plug on the order, and as Ive said above, it's only the efforts of @DNevsCG that Im hanging in. I want the damn irons badly, so I am very hopeful.

TM -- I definitely hear you on the back order situation. It is super painful. Unprecedented demand combined with severe grip and shaft shortages and shipping delays has made this year the most challenging that I've ever seen from an order fulfillment perspective. As one of the earlier posters mentioned, sometimes it could be just a grip issue that is holding things up. I would encourage you to reach out to Customer Service and figure out where the delay is coming from and perhaps switch grips or have the order split shipped.

I think you're going to love the Apex Pro's! Once again apologies on the delay.

-DNevs

I’m posting to subtract another week!

;)

I’ve said it before but the pro long irons are just so good. Such a good blend of forgiveness and control.

Was able to sneak off to the range at lunch to test my rebuilt pros with the $tapers and they are def a better match for me in the pros. Was hitting them great. Excited to get them on course. Gonna test the MMTs in my backup T100S irons....have a suspicion they will match nicely.

Wife didnt know about the lunch time sesh, so she gave me the ok to hit balls this evening!! Yes!!!!!!

1B0A4496-81FD-4727-B3BB-EAEDE23F48E7.jpeg

Actually got some clarification from my new buddy Russ at CG. Apparently lead times are based upon purchase orders with suppliers (shafts, grips, etc) not what's actually in stock. So any orders placed in Feb-March would be filled with what they had already in hand. My lead time for the Pros with MMT were based not on what they had at CG facility but a new purchase order from Mitsubishi. The MMT's scheduled to arrive at Callaway in April are now slated for June...or so I am told. Just wish the Callway website would indicate that point.
Good news! I don't want to get my hopes up if things change, but the day after calling, the ship date changed back from July to May 2nd! I didn't here back from Russ or Allen at Callaway so I am not sure how it happened (purchase orders, they tracked down more MMTs at one of their assembly sites) or if one of my THP fairy godmothers put in a good word...but I am extremely happy!

Man when you hit the ball here on the Apex Pro's, they feel so damn good. Who would have figured? 😁 Now to try to do that over and over.

IMG_20210413_175727__01.jpg

Man when you hit the ball here on the Apex Pro's, they feel so damn good. Who would have figured? 😁 Now to try to do that over and over.

View attachment 9002870
Oh yeah! The feeling is like a drug! Super addictive and all you want is more, more, more...

LOVE that putter cover! Wish I could get my hands on one of those!
Yeah, its awesome. Fits various mallets really nicely. Also a magnetic closure which I prefer.

Yeah, its awesome. Fits various mallets really nicely. Also a magnetic closure which I prefer.
Just keep making me jealous. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That would fit my Ten perfectly!

This would have caused me an unspeakable amount of panic...

It did for me too, haha. Had I not taped up the head, I would not have realized the strike was that bad. These irons are unbelievably forgiving heel side, apparently, haha.

Back