First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

I just feel like I'm so close. My first tee shot was a 5i yesterday and it was pretty much perfect. Same club on 4 tee was pulled a little but ok. 7i on 5 was to the right, exactly where I aimed it after the pull on the previous tee, but 175 exactly pin high. The 4 is 50/50 right now, and the 3 is giving me fits. Other than that, I'm pretty much back to my old distances with plenty of spin. I'm seeing what I like on well struck shots, high with a touch of draw or straight. The combination of these irons, the B21 and trying to get my old swing back actually has my index trending in the right direction after going the wrong way for too long.

Hi, any of you guys that have moved from Apex19 to the dcb how do you find the distance wise/ forgiveness and feel, interested to hear your thoughts 👍

I love the Apex TCB. They are the best of so many worlds. Sound and feel, shape, spin and flight control, forgiveness, consistency, modern look. You name it, they've got it. It's more and more obvious why pros are playing them.

Hi, any of you guys that have moved from Apex19 to the dcb how do you find the distance wise/ forgiveness and feel, interested to hear your thoughts 👍
Paging @JDax

I love the Apex TCB. They are the best of so many worlds. Sound and feel, shape, spin and flight control, forgiveness, consistency, modern look. You name it, they've got it. It's more and more obvious why pros are playing them.

It’s not a surprise that is what pros gravitate towards. To me the Apex Pros aren’t for pros but more targeted at the low-mid handicap who wants a players iron and benefits from some extra help.

It’s not a surprise that is what pros gravitate towards. To me the Apex Pros aren’t for pros but more targeted at the low-mid handicap who wants a players iron and benefits from some extra help.
I mean more as opposed to the blades. I love the Apex MB, but you get a lot of what's to love about them in a more forgiving package with these. I'm not entirely sold on the wedges, but the rest are downright dreamy from most any lie or situation. Feel amazing, and don't punish as much.

My friend ordered dcb irons. In hand they look even more streamlined than they do in pictures. For as forgiving as they are, they look very sleek. Perfect set for him too. He misses center quite a bit and he was seeing very consistent distances.

I went from the Apex ‘19 to the Apex ‘21 DCB.
The DCBs are about a 1/2 club longer and do a way better job maintaining distance on miss hit (especially on the toe side).

I have also found the DCBs to be way more forgiving...

I just ordered a set of DCB irons. Can't wait to see how they play.
You and me brother... just dying to take the DCB's out on the course.

Last edited:
Just a quick update but I am loving the Pro's more and more. I have not hit so many greens in regulation in a very very long time. the front to back distance consistency was why I switched and they haven't disappointed. I feel like I can hit my target distance better with these than any previous irons. Granted, they are going about 1/2 a club less distance than my old T200s but they are very different clubs.

I hit an MB demo set today vs. the other models such as the DCB's and 21's. Yikes! The MBs were freaking awesome! That said, I hit the ball fairly well so I may be biased. However, I can see why others love the DCBs and 21's. I feel like buying each set....but that would be stupid....I think.:unsure:

The APex MBs are VERY, VERY good! REALLY enjoying them. Really enjoying the feel and control.

The 7 iron juuuust starts to show its displeasure for a less than pure soul and commitment.

I'd imagine the 6 and longer irons would only accept a virgin sacrifice for a pure strike.

Playing my first round with them tomorrow....

I didn't see it in the write up and looking around I see there is a Tour Cavity Back (TCB) offering, any information on this one @JB

View attachment 8987670

I've been seeing the TCB with "Apex" stamped on them and have been wondering if how they are different than my X Forged CBs. Same replaceable weighting on the back and everything.

Attachments

• WITB 2.jpg
    WITB 2.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 16
I've been seeing the TCB with "Apex" stamped on them and have been wondering if how they are different than my X Forged CBs. Same replaceable weighting on the back and everything.

20210514_132516.jpg
TCB are smaller/more compact, less offset, slightly weaker lofted.

Have to say I absolutely LOVE the Pros. Hit them yesterday and today. The feeling is so pure on the non-flash face short irons. Almost but not quite like an MB. I like the feedback on off center hits. With the flash face, I got a nice pleasant dull click with good contact. Off center contact, of course few and far between ;), still felt ok and went decently. Would rather be a bit short and in the first cut than well off line. The 7 was a beauty for me on the range. I like the ball flight on the 4 and 5 as well. With the 105 MMT, they are higher than I am used to but not unexpected. I was pleased I could flight it down. Yesterday was off normal range mats. Today off the higher end mats and rough.
20210513_142141.jpg 20210513_142148.jpg

So you're saying I'm not as good as a PGA tour player!? Jerk. :ROFLMAO:
I thought I only described the clubs, not who should use them! :p

According to the Callway guys they go easiest to hardest to hit in this order: DCB, Standard, Pro, XFCB, MB. The TCB would slot in between the XFCB and MB's in my and few others' opinions. So, they're not impossible or anything. They're just compact. About the same size as the TM P7MC. The cavity on them is actually a fairly impressive percentage of the head though. They're really nice clubs. The couple of us that have them really like them.

Last edited:
Callaway apparently knows me (and my fellow Americans) better than we know ourselves, so they’re only allowing the Ryder cup champs a chance to buy them. Smh

Come on 🇺🇸! Win for your country! Win to give me the opportunity to buy clubs that aren’t meant for a hack like me! 😂😂😂

20210515_102930.jpg

Took me an entire day lol, but I found this little b*st*rd a home. So now that guy won't have to wait forever for one, the head can live happy fulfilling it's purpose, and I get my IO shaft. Everyone's happy.

They really are a good looking design.

Have to say I absolutely LOVE the Pros. Hit them yesterday and today. The feeling is so pure on the non-flash face short irons. Almost but not quite like an MB. I like the feedback on off center hits. With the flash face, I got a nice pleasant dull click with good contact. Off center contact, of course few and far between ;), still felt ok and went decently. Would rather be a bit short and in the first cut than well off line. The 7 was a beauty for me on the range. I like the ball flight on the 4 and 5 as well. With the 105 MMT, they are higher than I am used to but not unexpected. I was pleased I could flight it down. Yesterday was off normal range mats. Today off the higher end mats and rough.
View attachment 9007874 View attachment 9007875

Pros continue to impress me.

View attachment 9007956

Took me an entire day lol, but I found this little b*st*rd a home. So now that guy won't have to wait forever for one, the head can live happy fulfilling it's purpose, and I get my IO shaft. Everyone's happy.

They really are a good looking design.

looks wise probably the best of the 21’ Apex line

Back