First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Notice you got the same weight shafts in your wedges as your irons. Was that the fitters recommendation or something you've done in the past?
Done the same weight for the past year and a half. But it was fitters recommendation to keep the same shaft for both

I'm just gonna put these here for @TheLutesMamba and the guys waiting on their TCB. Already showed one from today with the forgiveness.

You can also wrap 230y 5is around trees for uphill eagle putts.

THAT YOU DRAIN!!

And kick in 8is that might have rolled in during the summer on the next.

They should just name them OutIn30s or LFG!s, because they are just that ******* good!!!!!!!!!!!!

They do all things. They make golf fun. :D

I'm just gonna put these here for @TheLutesMamba and the guys waiting on their TCB. Already showed one from today with the forgiveness.

THAT YOU DRAIN!!

They should just name them OutIn30s or LFG!s, because they are just that ******* good!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to swing them sooooo bad :LOL: And it's 5* with four inches of snow on the ground. I'll be in the sim so much soon lol

I just want to swing them sooooo bad :LOL: And it's 5* with four inches of snow on the ground. I'll be in the sim so much soon lol
We are having unseasonably warm weather.. and I have a guest bedroom.. just saying!!

I just want to swing them sooooo bad

This is the thing. I love them. I love hitting them. It's addicting. I talk myself out of a few of them, and then a few more, and then when I just go play them I'm like OMG WHYDIDI EVER STOPHITTINGTHESE!!??

THAT YOU DRAIN!!

Man those sound so good. Appreciate the post! Pondering them even heavier now 😬

THAT YOU DRAIN!!

Thanks for sharing, you hit them so solid. Some day I would like to snag a set, just saying.

I blame @OldandStiff for this: (Just Because):
1640791061892.png
Should be a fun set to play with and I get some forgiveness in the higher lofted clubs.
With the 22% off, just couldn't pass it up for under $800

I blame @OldandStiff for this: (Just Because):
View attachment 9055853
Should be a fun set to play with and I get some forgiveness in the higher lofted clubs.
With the 22% off, just couldn't pass it up for under $800
Haha I don't know what I had to do with it, but that's a sweet setup!! Especially at that price! 🔥

Haha I don't know what I had to do with it, but that's a sweet setup!! Especially at that price! 🔥
Keep watching all those TCB videos made me feel like I'm being left out.

I've tried like 3 times now to pick a different set to play tomorrow. Dammit Apex!!! :mad:

Have been doing some heavy deep diving into the TCB. Likely going to combo with Apex ‘21 bent a degree or two weak in the 4 and 5 iron if I end up jumping on the TCB bandwagon.

Cant decide if I’d want to put my Oban CT115X shafts in there or order with the MMT105TX to compare against the Oban shafts.

I've tried like 3 times now to pick a different set to play tomorrow. Dammit Apex!!! :mad:

Same. I have been looking to try out a new head from another OEM, but every time I pick up the bag I think “just one more time out with the TCBs first”.

I regretted getting rid of my CF16s… not gonna make that mistake twice. Apex are sticking around this time.

Have been doing some heavy deep diving into the TCB. Likely going to combo with Apex ‘21 bent a degree or two weak in the 4 and 5 iron if I end up jumping on the TCB bandwagon.

Cant decide if I’d want to put my Oban CT115X shafts in there or order with the MMT105TX to compare against the Oban shafts.

The Pros are really good both in terms of distance and forgiveness. I have the Pro 4 iron, then 5-PW in TCB. They blend nicely, the 5i TCB has a higher level of launch and forgiveness than you would expect, and the Pro 4i is spot on for what you would expect from a 23 deg iron; and misses across the face still get reasonable forgiveness.

The Pros are really good both in terms of distance and forgiveness. I have the Pro 4 iron, then 5-PW in TCB. They blend nicely, the 5i TCB has a higher level of launch and forgiveness than you would expect, and the Pro 4i is spot on for what you would expect from a 23 deg iron; and misses across the face still get reasonable forgiveness.

I’ve been debating the regular Apex vs the Pro for the long irons. I’ve hit the Apex really, really well before though. And Johnny Wunder (Callaway guy now that posts on here and on their website about all kinds of tour related equipment stories) games the regular Apex bent weak with the TCB and raves about the combo so it’s got my ears perked up a bit haha

I’ve been debating the regular Apex vs the Pro for the long irons. I’ve hit the Apex really, really well before though. And Johnny Wunder (Callaway guy now that posts on here and on their website about all kinds of tour related equipment stories) games the regular Apex bent weak with the TCB and raves about the combo so it’s got my ears perked up a bit haha
He’s not on much but you could possibly ask him about them here @JohnnyCallaway :D

They are both great options and I am sure you can’t go too wrong with either. I tried the DCB and regular Apex and just found that the Pros gave me a similar output with a nicer look. The feel is slightly different (feel = sound) and the hollow bodies do sound a bit different, but after a bit of a ‘not sure’ period early on, I now rather like them.

Ended the year with another real good outing with the TCBs. 16 greens (only actually missed 1 though, tee penalty), seven birds, and an eagle. In fairly tough conditions. Just awesome flight control with some forgiveness on small misses. So hard to find fault with them. The whole Apex line really. Played the MBs a ton to start the year, mixed in a couple Pros at times, and fell hard for the TCBs. All so good.

So thank you Callaway Apex '21. We had a heck of a year! 👊

Monday I'm going to go hit the Apex Pros, Apex 21 and DCBs on a GCQuad I'd I can get on it. Very curious how the pros do. Gonna try with MMT95 & 105S

Ended the year with another real good outing with the TCBs. 16 greens (only actually missed 1 though, tee penalty), seven birds, and an eagle. In fairly tough conditions. Just awesome flight control with some forgiveness on small misses. So hard to find fault with them. The whole Apex line really. Played the MBs a ton to start the year, mixed in a couple Pros at times, and fell hard for the TCBs. All so good.

Thanks for letting us follow your TCB journey, I know I gleamed a lot of good insight and if they are a potential future iron for my game. They certainly performed awesome for you, day in, day out. If I could only find a set for $300 😜.

Started the year with Apex Pro 19s. Ended with Apex Pro 21s.
Also bought P770s and JPX 921 Forged to replace them but both attempts failed.

I will start the year happily with Apex Pro 21s and I'm sure I will try replace them with MP225 or MP223 or TC201 or something. I'm sure it will fail like most of my experiments do.

Started the year with Apex Pro 19s. Ended with Apex Pro 21s.
Also bought P770s and JPX 921 Forged to replace them but both attempts failed.

I will start the year happily with Apex Pro 21s and I'm sure I will try replace them with MP225 or MP223 or TC201 or something. I'm sure it will fail like most of my experiments do.
I hear that. My first set of Apex changed my game, and they just constantly prove how hard they are to beat.

I hear that. My first set of Apex changed my game, and they just constantly prove how hard they are to beat.
I'm not sure what it is to be honest.
They aren't the best at any single metric on the launch monitor for me, but the complete package just works.
Fast, high, just enough spin, great looks, short irons feel great.

I guess if I had a wishlist for them I'd like a chrome finish and a little more "ball go straight" factor (MOI?)

If I hit the DCB, Apex21 and Pros tomorrow with different MMT shafts are you guys interested in seeing any of the results?! It'll be a 7i on a GCQuad if they have availability. If you do have an interest should I post it here or make a new thread.

Back