First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

The TXG review has me pretty excited to get my hands on these irons. TAKE MY MOOOOOONEY! PLEEEEEAAASE! Looking forward to Callaway day at the showcase for sure.

Started watching but then had to leave so didn’t get much into it. Apparently they gave it a thumbs up & permission to pre-order?!

our callaway
who art in carlsbad
revolutionary golf clubs be thy game
embargo done
my will succumb
to combo set breaking at seven
give us this day a trade bonus
and forgive us our bag chatter
as we forgive those who rant against stamped tungsten
and lead us not into blades
but deliver us to perimeter weighting
for thine is the ball speed, and the spin consistency, and the number one irons in golf.
forever and ever.
let’s spend.

Started watching but then had to leave so didn’t get much into it. Apparently they gave it a thumbs up & permission to pre-order?!
Affirmative. It was all the green light I needed. Haha

Winder if 50% trade enhancements will pop up any time soon? Anyone know?

Watching today's popular review and at the 50:40-ish mark heard a direct comparison that has my interest, since those are an amazing fit for me in the longest irons. Didn't love a comment about the heel to toe in the Pro 4i, but liked the numbers. Since I know his well and they're similar to mine in those that's intriguing.

Sounded like a lot of good, improved, better, too, and everyone loves hearing that.

Watching today's popular review and at the 50:40-ish mark heard a direct comparison that has my interest, since those are an amazing fit for me in the longest irons. Didn't love a comment about the heel to toe in the Pro 4i, but liked the numbers. Since I know his well and they're similar to mine in those that's intriguing.

Sounded like a lot of good, improved, better, too, and everyone loves hearing that.

Same boat. My numbers are very similar to Ian's. Really like seeing Ian hit some clubs.

Was that Ian’s gushing comment about the Pro/MB being a great combo?

Was that Ian’s gushing comment about the Pro/MB being a great combo?

haha No, that is good to hear though. It was when he compared his first roasted 4i to the ones he hit when testing the P770. I was intrigued by them anyway when they were coming out, but seeing him do really well with the long irons convinced me to go for them. And as much as I may not like certain things about them, and they seem to have a certain perception from others, the P770 long irons are freaking studs for me. Eagle machines. So that comment and those couple shots he hit well definitely got my attention. Especially when he was talking about a thinner top line and less offset than he originally thought.

I mean it got a little ruined shortly after that when Matty said no one buys a 3 iron anymore, and I count 4 within eyesight of my couch, favorite being the P770, but whatevs. He's Canadian. :LOL:

Last edited:
Have never hit a Callaway iron before, but man, these keep popping up in my mind when I think about irons I'd like to try in 2021. Looks, tech, just the entire package. :unsure:

Winder if 50% trade enhancements will pop up any time soon? Anyone know?
I'm almost hoping not. I don't have any plans to replace my Mavs, but that might be too much to resist!

Same boat. My numbers are very similar to Ian's. Really like seeing Ian hit some clubs.
Right? Makes my day when they only have something I think I'll like in right-handed. We should probably leave comments showing our appreciation for that though, because he seems less excited about doing it lately and it's so valuable to some of us.

I'm almost hoping not. I don't have any plans to replace my Mavs, but that might be too much to resist!

Those mavs are gonna be worth a lot in trade in too. If a bonus happens.. I mean

Yeah I went from "I have zero plans to get irons this year" to "how can I pull this off and still stay married?".

I'm glad my handicap is 8, I don't qualify for the Pro's +5 to 5. Damn, I'm still going to hit them. :)

I missed your writing James. Glad to see your keeping up the good work!

Yeah I went from "I have zero plans to get irons this year" to "how can I pull this off and still stay married?".

I am sitting here thinking the same thing. I wonder what the shaft options are in a combo set.

I'm glad my handicap is 8, I don't qualify for the Pro's +5 to 5. Damn, I'm still going to hit them. :)
If we are going strictly on those numbers, that just means you have tons of room to get better with the Pros and the standard won't work for you if you improve :ROFLMAO:;)

For real though, while the Pros are closer to the players iron space, I think you'll be surprised at the amount of forgiveness that has been packed in to them!

For real though, while the Pros are closer to the players iron space, I think you'll be surprised at the amount of forgiveness that has been packed in to them!
Ok, so here's what is possibly a silly question: In what range would you estimate someone's HC need be to consider the Pros?

I know, I know: Get fit :) That's what I'm going to do, anyway. This question is more out of curiosity's sake.

Back