First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
+
meh, i never trust those rollout numbers on any monitor. my 7i stops within 6' unless i'm playing a course with insanely firm greens.
Probably has everything to do with the firmness setting. Think PGA Tour fairways :ROFLMAO:

xThor

Grandaddy 2021 Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Probably won’t be able to get a fitting since my back flared up Sunday and i cannot swing a club today, but I’m debating going ahead and ordering based on my fitting last year.

GoldenBuff

Energetic funhog, happy nerd
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8
It wasn't supposed to :LOL: I tried my best to resist. I just couldn't after being in the presentation about them. Then the Showcase just put me over the edge
So awesome. What shaft did you get?

donny475

You can call me SteakSauce
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
very well could be a jacked monitor. on the course i'm pulling 7i from 170-175. but with my cf19, i could get some really long 7i distance. i've never seen that kind of consistency with 3 consecutive shots, though. that really blew my mind.
"Jacked monitor" is that like naked lofts, but in the store?.....:ROFLMAO:

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
"Jacked monitor" is that like naked lofts, but in the store?.....:ROFLMAO:
well, some "jacked lofts" serve an engineering purpose. the cg location and speed of the iron requires the loft to be reduced, otherwise the launch window and peak height wouldn't work. there's a lot more that goes into it than my little brain understands.

imho all "jacked monitors" are designed for one purpose and one purpose only: sell golf clubs.

GoldenBuff

Energetic funhog, happy nerd
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6-8

Greg Kulbick

I don't golf good
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
13.9 USGA
Going to see if the local EW has the new heads to hit. Its a bad idea, I'm still sore from working on the wife's truck Sunday. Even if I like them, that's a lot of money to be throwing down.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now I see the trailing end of the flight, missed that the first time.
Haha, and here I thought you were giving him s**t about hooking those.

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha, and here I thought you were giving him s**t about hooking those.
it’s called a going draw, thank you very much

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16
I'm very intrigued by the Triple Play...still seems like a great fit. Paired with the UST Recoil graphite, this could be a LOT of fun!

dacatalyst41

#ReptheG #RocktheChev
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Does pre-ordering mean I get these tomorrow? Because I NEED them...and they need me.

Bryndom

2020 Titleist Vokey Experience Participant
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 16

DNice26

Happy to be here...
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good stuff @McLovin !
I do wonder if the large amounts of tungsten down low contribute to low spin, but I'll need to hit them for myself to be sure.
I like the idea of 6-GW Apex Pro and then an Apex 21 6 iron.
Looking at the data from the 2nd swing video, the X forged CB were lower spinning than the Apex Pros.

It isn't what I would have expected, but it likely drives home the get fit idea.....and YMMV.

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
very well could be a jacked monitor. on the course i'm pulling 7i from 170-175. but with my cf19, i could get some really long 7i distance. i've never seen that kind of consistency with 3 consecutive shots, though. that really blew my mind.
So what did you end up ordering 😜?

Muchmore18

Truly Thankful Member of the 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I was thinking the same thing, but the forged tech will be tough to beat. They are really special.
Forged Tec were the first clubs that I fell in "love" with so I hear ya! But hearing about these from directly from Callaway, I'm thinking it can be done

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Forged Tec were the first clubs that I fell in "love" with so I hear ya! But hearing about these from directly from Callaway, I'm thinking it can be done
having hit both, i don’t think i’d put them in the same category. forged tec have a very techy feel and are not small. i also saw lower launch and spin. but the apex pros are nicely slim without being scary. the feel is tremendous. spin is tbd for me, but launch was excellent. i don’t see the two as competitors.

Muchmore18

Truly Thankful Member of the 2021 Grandaddy
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
having hit both, i don’t think i’d put them in the same category. forged tec have a very techy feel and are not small. i also saw lower launch and spin. but the apex pros are nicely slim without being scary. the feel is tremendous. spin is tbd for me, but launch was excellent. i don’t see the two as competitors.
I'm more so comparing them since they are my most recent irons, not because I'm expecting them to do the same thing. Honestly the only similar thing I would bring up about them is both being a hollow body. But I know the comparisons are pretty short. Though I've had plenty of launch and my spin numbers weren't on the low end by any means with the FTs. I am just truly excited to get these in hand and go from there!

Last edited:

JTD0314

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm more so comparing them since they are my most recent irons, not because I'm expecting them to do the same thing. Honestly the only similar thing I would bring up about them is both being a hollow body. But I know the comparisons are pretty short. Though I've had plenty of launch and my spin numbers weren't on the low end by any means with the FTs. I am just truly excited to get these in hand and go from there!
I am in the same boat. I had 19 Pros and FTs won the battle. The FTs are probably more compatible to the standard Apex. I play them 2 week and get pretty optimal numbers. The forgiveness is unbelievable. I have hit the 21 Pros and I think they are better feeling than the 19s and more forgiving, especially low on the face.

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, I am completely smitten with the Pros now. Only concern is the fact that the 2019 Pros seemed to be significantly longer than the 2016 Pros I had. Assuming the 21's will be comparable to the 19's. I am fine with the help in the longer irons. But, am kind of contemplating the Players combo. Make sure my scoring irons are getting as much spin as possible.

@OldandStiff have you had a chance to hit these yet? If so, how did the feel compare to the Apex MB's you have?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in