First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

I can't say for sure. I know the stock grips that come on them are backordered. I'm not a midsize player so. I went with the Align grips because he said they were available. Couldn't believe it made that much of a difference in shipping date though.

Ha, the reason I went with the stock grips was b/c I thought that would be the quickest. I’m probably going to take them off and put my sonar tours on them as soon as they arrive. If I was wanting them soon though and it made a difference m, I’d switch grips in an instance.

why would bending the head cause a delay? mine were 1.5* flat and i got them on 2/15. order was placed the day after pre-release went live, so i think it was about 3 weeks for me?

The way their email was worded sounded like they aren’t bending them the heads are 2° flat.

Ha, the reason I went with the stock grips was b/c I thought that would be the quickest. I’m probably going to take them off and put my sonar tours on them as soon as they arrive. If I was wanting them soon though and it made a difference m, I’d switch grips in an instance.
It was a no brainer for. Before he told me about the Align grips being available I told him put ANYTHING on in stock. Even if I hated them I would put new grips on myself. It's worth 100$ to get them a month or more sooner.

Crazy to think that grips would hold up the order for that long. I ordered my max ls with the rtx black 70 shaft and stock grip so that’s two items that have been mentioned in this thread as being back ordered. Oh well, as long as I get it by the end of March to give me time to dial it in on the sim prior to the first round

My backorder was updated to this week! 🤞

My backorder was updated to this week! 🤞

Hoping they ship out soon for you! My dates have shifted so much I won't believe anything until I get the shipping notification. I am hopeful that will be end of this week or early next week, based on what Callaway told me last week.

Having some distance and workability issues with my Rogue '18 (or were they 17 seems like forever ago) irons. I really like the look of the Apex Pro. From reading 80 something pages of goodness on here, I think the characteristics might fit with my game (particularly my occasional left miss and preference to hit a slight fade and baby draw more on command. Might go for a fitting in the coming weeks. My usual club fitter is out of state and down in FL for another month or two so I might just try to see what PGA Tour Superstore or Club Champion has open.

So I strayed yesterday after playing just these for a stretch. It didn't go great. Well, progressively worse I shoud say. lol Overwhelming my fault I'm sure, but I think it's telling that by the end of the round when everything felt wrong, eyes were wide, pride was crushed, that I told my buddy - 'I think I'm gonna play the Apex/IO's next round. Just to make myself feel better sort things out. :LOL:

Felt kind of obvious where my confidence lay in that moment.

So I strayed yesterday after playing just these for a stretch. It didn't go great. Well, progressively worse I shoud say. lol Overwhelming my fault I'm sure, but I think it's telling that by the end of the round when everything felt wrong, eyes were wide, pride was crushed, that I told my buddy - 'I think I'm gonna play the Apex/IO's next round. Just to make myself feel better sort things out. :LOL:

Felt kind of obvious where my confidence lay in that moment.

Not to wish that on anybody... but welcome to my world. 🍻

Took my sweet spot combo out on their maiden voyage. Not a lot of feedback yet as i was hitting range rocks into snow facing the sun. They look amazing. The 4 DCB is going to be a weapon, but it was so blinding with the sun i maybe was able to see about 4 balls total with sunglasses on. Cant wait to get these on the grass. I switched from X100 to px 6.5 for a change and found them easier to center as well.

How is the 4 iron launching compared to your previous 4 iron? I am hoping the DCB will launch it way in the air.

Wow, my irons were picked up today by UPS. I sure hope they get here by Friday. I have a tee time for Saturday.

Mine came in today (Mar 2), originally ordered Feb 11th.

Wow! This combination really launches the ball high...maybe too high? We shall see.

IMG_1230-L.jpg

IMG_1232-L.jpg

IMG_1231-L.jpg

Wow, my irons were picked up today by UPS. I sure hope they get here by Friday. I have a tee time for Saturday.
Should be only 2-3 days once they are in the US.
I'm in CLE (OH) and I've gotten Callaway stuff from Austin in 3 days.

My company can bring stuff in from MX (it's across the street from Callaway), get it to our warehouse in Missouri and into Toronto in 4 days.
So your odds are high for Saturday.

Don't forget to post pics when you get them.

Mine just dropped on my father-in-laws house, got notification from UPS. He's napping! Cutting out of work early to swing by on way home. Woke up this AM and I swear to god it took me back 38yrs to being 12 yr old me on Christmas AM, first thought was, "Is UPS gonna make it today?" ...then my heart skipped a beat at the thought of it. So frickin' excited!

FYI...mine were picked up by UPS and out the door in MX yesterday, through customs and outta Louisville by midnight, in Sunnyvale, CA by 9AM and on the doorstep in Fremont, CA by 1:30. UPS understands the urgency.

Order had officially moved to "Being Packaged"!
Not sure anyone has checked their order as obsessively as me, but I may find good company from others in this thread. Can anyone share how long it took for their order to move from this status to shipment? I would hope a couple days max.

Order had officially moved to "Being Packaged"!
Not sure anyone has checked their order as obsessively as me, but I may find good company from others in this thread. Can anyone share how long it took for their order to move from this status to shipment? I would hope a couple days max.

I ordered on Saturday, and it was shipped today.

Lucky ducky. I ordered the morning of 1/26 and am still waiting. I went with 4-AW of the Apex Pros which I know have had more of a backorder.

I ordered mine on 1/26 too. Went to Being Packaged on Fri, shipping label printed on Sat, out the door on Mon, at my father-in-law's today, range session complete and me likey. So much more forgiving than my ol' faithful Titleist 735cm's, and some distance too. Started hitting them really well 2nd half of bucket. Was TERRIFIED it was going to be a banana slice and snap hook session from hell on the way to the range after all the wait and buying my first set of irons in 15yrs. I think the biggest adjustment will be getting used the PX LZ 6.0's after 25yrs of DG s300's. That said, REALLY satisfied with them for first time out. I'll never get official THP Member status for this, putting the nail in the coffin for that possibility, but putting them away for two weeks now. Heading out for Bandon Dunes on Sat for Mon-Thurs rounds and I'm bringing the 735's. They've served me well, seen some dumpy courses and even worse golf swings from me. Next Thurs at Bandon Trails will be their last round and then it'll be new beginings with the Apex Pro's. The 735's deserve a classy send off.

BTW...no "Tungsten" stamp on my 8-AW

How is the 4 iron launching compared to your previous 4 iron? I am hoping the DCB will launch it way in the air.
I honestly didn't get enough in to be able to have a lot of feedback. But it didnt strike me as having any launch issues. I went i cold after not swinging a club in almost 4 months though.

This is a big statement to make, but right now, I believe that the Apex/Apex Pro mixed set is the very best set of irons that I have ever played. The last two days, on a difficult course that I have never played before, I have hit 14 GIR and 12 GIR. I can get the power out of them that I need sometimes, but I can also hit those more delicate, in between shots.

One hole today is a perfect example. I was about 157 out, playing into at least a one club wind. This is sea level, and I am usually at elevation. I figured the hole was playing about 165 and I pulled 7 iron, which in this set is the standard Apex. I hit a nice draw that held the wind and stopped almost in its ball mark, measuring at 167 yards.

Irons have never been the stronger part of my bag, but right now, I am more confident in my iron play than any other aspect of my game.

D630689A-01A9-4758-AF36-66B6C0E9E49E.jpeg

I did a big order on the 25th. Standard 3 & 4 with custom steel (only ones like that in order) are already across the border, Pro 8i and custom Epic Speed are 'Being Customized', Pro 9i-AW, custom JAWS, and custom Epic Max LS showing as Backordered.

I've hit these almost every night in my garage sim and have yet to have any elbow or joint pain. I really like these MMT 95 shafts and should have moved to graphite sooner

Back