First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Welcome to THP.

What sort of ball flight, numbers, etc. are you seeing with your current setup? What would you want to be different, if anything?
Thank you! I hit my 7 iron about 165-170 and have a pretty high ball flight which I like. Not trying to tinker too much. Don't think I'm ready to take the leap to Standard Apex yet so DCBs sound like best bet.

Any chance at pic looking down the soles? Really appreciate your inputs!
Sure. Give me just a minute. I'll edit them in.

20210210_104343.jpg
20210210_104638.jpg

20210210_103848.jpg
Don't see the difference as much from the toe.

20210210_103944.jpg
More so here.

Last edited:
Thank you! I hit my 7 iron about 165-170 and have a pretty high ball flight which I like. Not trying to tinker too much. Don't think I'm ready to take the leap to Standard Apex yet so DCBs sound like best bet.
If you like the XP 95 shafts, why not stick with them? They are available as a no upcharge custom option.

Shaping and grooves of the 7 in the Pro is just so much better than the 19 model.

I will patiently wait. Digging for leaked pictures or details doesn't matter until March/April anyways.

It will take something special/free to get the Mavrik Pros out of my bag though.
FWIW, I wanted the Rogue Pros 2 years ago but thought forgiveness and got Apex 19 5-g PxLz. Had had the Apex 14 also in the day ,point being they make a great iron. That said I sold my 0211s with MMT 80 which I liked,but still had the itch so I ordered the Rogue Pro 2020 iteration the Mavrik Pro 5-g which I understand will take a few weeks. I tried the new Apex 21 (non pro) yesterday at Carlsgolfland on a cold but sunny day in their heated booths. They were similar to my 19s but that black plastic in cavity un pleasantly surprised me. I know it's minor and it suppose to dampen vibration but when paying that kind of money I don't want to see any plastic in cavity.

Greetings everyone,

Just a clarification on the trade in bonus offer I had posted about earlier. This is for new Apex/Epic clubs purchased through Callaway directly. That is the same as the original targeted email. We don't want to put additional financial burden on the accounts/fitters for this.

Also the one time use codes expire at the end of February.

I believe I have taken care of everyone that DM'd me, if not please follow up.

Appreciate everyone's support and hope you love the new products.

-DNevs

Lol this thread got me. Just put my order in 5-6 DCB. 7-AW Standard. Traded in my 4-AW Pro Combo. Im probably around a 12 right now capable of shooting in the high seventies when i avoid the bad costly swings but my biggest swing flaw is some inconsistency . Swinging well and consistent i can score. The Pro 8-AW when i hit them well really performed. The 8 was the most inconsistent for me. I think they really did help in that they forced me to really focus on center contact and i think i really gained in this area. I decided to go standard 7-AW because i think at this point i will hit those better and more consistent than the pros. The 5-6 DCB order resulted from a combination of a couple things. The very positive reviews here as well as an analysis of my home course where i play the majority of my rounds and where they should fit in well including our first hole which is a 185-195 yard par 3 over water, tree lined fairway big bunker on both sides made tougher by the fact our weekend rounds are usually around 630am. Hoping the DCB’s can be the answer for this first shot of the day as well as some other holes on the Course. As always the sales rep. from Callaway was great.

Last edited:
Something arrived.

669B4C17-3251-46C9-BCF9-5AA706E59FA9.jpegE69AAC58-E932-453F-90E4-CFA29A102749.jpeg

Lol this thread got me. Just put my order in 5-6 DCB. 7-AW Standard. Traded in my 4-AW Pro Combo. Im probably around a 12 right now capable of shooting in the high seventies when i avoid the bad costly swings but my biggest swing flaw is some inconsistency . Swinging well and consistent i can score. The Pro 8-AW when i hit them well really performed. The 8 was the most inconsistent for me. I think they really did help in that they forced me to really focus on center contact and i think i really gained in this area. I decided to go standard 7-AW because i think at this point i will hit those better and more consistent than the pros. The 5-6 DCB order resulted from a combination of a couple things. The very positive reviews here as well as an analysis of my home course where i play the majority of my rounds and where they should fit in well including our first hole which is a 185-195 yard par 3 over water, tree lined fairway big bunker on both sides made tougher by the fact our weekend rounds are usually around 630am. Hoping the DCB’s can be the answer for this first shot of the day as well as some other holes on the Course. As always the sales rep. from Callaway was great.
Sounds like a great setup!!!! You'll be throwing darts once the thaw hits.

That sounds really well thought out, man. Congrats on the new clubs!

Every new delivery has me like.....

1613004149240.gif
Apex Sweet spot combo inbound.

Back