First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Saw the score you made. 🔥 Heck of a first round with 'em, especially considering everything. If they're the best of both worlds you've been looking for, that's seriously exciting!
I am seriously stoked.

something showed up for me today!!!

question for others who have received their pro 21s. do all irons say “tungsten?” all mine do.

F004316C-166A-4638-B7E5-2509F2D3A10B.jpeg

question for others who have received their pro 21s. do all irons say “tungsten?” all mine do.

View attachment 8993616
Hmm, maybe they altered course and decided to stamp it on everything? Seen pics in this thread that didn’t have it.

Did you get a full set or split? I think the split set ones don’t have tungsten on them. At least the ones I have seen.

full in the sense that it’s not a combo

View attachment 8993616

I really hope that is a mistake and not all of them in a full set have that stamped on there.

“Being packaged”:love:

Terrific write up. I've been thinking about an iron upgrade for a while. I have an e-mail from a local golf course that schedules a lot of demo days. I'll have to check it and see when Callaway will be there. The combo set is a cool idea, but I wonder if they will sell "split" sets, say from 6 iron to A wedge. I'm 68 and have lost quite a bit of clubhead speed. I've switched all my long irons to hybrids because I couldn't get them up in the air anymore. I guess that's what demo days are for.

View attachment 8993616

Well that is just strange, why would the combo set pros not have it stamped on and the full set pros have it? Aren’t they the same irons? Either way that is an excellent looking club

Well that is just strange, why would the combo set pros not have it stamped on and the full set pros have it? Aren’t they the same irons? Either way that is an excellent looking club

it really is stunning. it’s such a small thing, this tungstengate. i’d certainly prefer it wasn’t there, my opinion hasn’t changed now that i have them in hand, but it’s something i’ll stop noticing almost immediately once they’re in the bag.

i cannot emphasize enough how beautiful these irons are. someone deserves a raise at callaway. these are inspired.

The Elevate blacks looks so clean with that grip choice, you'll enjoy them greatly! Big fan of the VSS in them too!

After a couple of rounds in with the Apex/Apex Pro mixed set, I am completely sold. 12 GIR the first round and 15 GIR the second round. Obviously, I didn’t hit these for the approach on every hole, but my entire bag flows together extremely well.

One of the things that has really stood out for me so far is how well they perform on thin misses. That is a really common miss for me early in the year and these are letting me get away with that miss.

Last edited:
they just look so much better like that 😢

I agree. Despite my complaints I do think these may be the best looking “tech” irons out there.

they just look so much better like that 😢
I think they look good either way & best part is when you are addressing the ball they will look exactly the same. If it really bothers you remove the black paint fill

I think they look good either way & best part is when you are addressing the ball they will look exactly the same. If it really bothers you remove the black paint fill

no chance. i wouldn’t want to mess with the satin finish. it’s too purdy. they still look amazing as is. @Tenputt’s just look amazinger haha

no chance. i wouldn’t want to mess with the satin finish. it’s too purdy. they still look amazing as is. @Tenputt’s just look amazinger haha
I would trade you if it were possible. The Tungsten badge doesn’t bother me at all. Actually, it might make my mind believe it is more forgiving. 😂

View attachment 8993616

That is odd....I had thought all ref Pro’s 8 and up did not have any tungsten in the heads. Good question for @DNevsCG. Maybe can be answered here or on the Callaway round table.

Back