First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

The date on my apex pros were just changed to back ordered and expected date in June. They took my money on 2/2.

I'll be contacting for a refund tomorrow.

Do you know if it's something like shafts or grips that are delaying things? I know the shop I ordered from called me when they put the order in that the grips would have pushed it back a month. I know some shafts through other manufacturers are crazy backordered as well.

Does anyone know if you can get Recoil Dart shaft in a full set of Apex Pro?

Does anyone know if you can get Recoil Dart shaft in a full set of Apex Pro?

I think the darts are .370 shafts, so you'd need to go combo set. The pro heads are .355.

The date on my apex pros were just changed to back ordered and expected date in June. They took my money on 2/2.

Mebbe call 'em, first, and ask them "WTH?!?!"

Says Monday 6/7-Fri6/11

I almost don't have an issue with the date (I mean, I do) but you have to reach out to the customer if you change a date like that. To do it and hope I don't notice...come on.
I hear you there and I get that it's frustrating. Could just be an error in their system though. @JMB3 ordered a driver for his girlfriend and the date was a few months out and then it randomly shipped. I am curious what customer service has to say and I hope you get them soon.

Its strange that you can get a combo set Apex/Pro with Dart but not a full set.

The Combos can accept a .370 shaft, since they're based off the standard tooling I think.

I hear you there and I get that it's frustrating. Could just be an error in their system though. @JMB3 ordered a driver for his girlfriend and the date was a few months out and then it randomly shipped. I am curious what customer service has to say and I hope you get them soon.

i've had similar experiences with almost every callaway purchase. almost always receive it before the expected delivery date. that said, i've never seen something get bumped to a delivery date 4 months later...

i've had similar experiences with almost every callaway purchase. almost always receive it before the expected delivery date. that said, i've never seen something get bumped to a delivery date 4 months later...
Definitely. That’s what makes me think it’s an error of some sort. But, who knows. Hopefully customer service can answer that for him.

If history is any indicator, DNevs will be along shortly to get everything sorted out.

I was only able to test the 7i of the Apex and Apex Pro lineup but I can say the numbers were repeatable...especially in the pro. I had strings of 2-3 shots that were near identical in distance and spin. The Apex was about a half club longer, but I was still carrying the Apex Pro 7i 170-175yds fairly consistently.

Thanks for the info. Can I ask what your swing speed is for comparison? I'm a 105 type on my driver and for gapping purposes 160-170 ish is just about right for a 7i for me.

I keep reading really good distances for the Apex Pro given the lofts.

Do you know if it's something like shafts or grips that are delaying things? I know the shop I ordered from called me when they put the order in that the grips would have pushed it back a month. I know some shafts through other manufacturers are crazy backordered as well.

Yeah I'd give them a call... That seems weird. My order was just pushed back a week, but I'm honestly in no rush right now with the weather and another set in the bag already. Good luck!

Calling them right now is kind of limited information pass along nightmare to get specifics on things from what I'm seeing. I'm having to exercise @BigDill level persistence (from what I've heard, lol) to get a couple answers I need to put in my next order on these. And I hate badgering people.

i love the apex mb's. but i really need more forgiveness, especially in long irons. but decided to order a full set or pros to compare (same shafts, stock specs).....ANNNNDDDDDDDDD they're backordered.

well that changed quickly. estimated date w/ backorder was mid/late march. Now it's being packaged :p

well that changed quickly. estimated date w/ backorder was mid/late march. Now it's being packaged :p
I'll say this again for the cheap seats: That seems to be their process!!

So if you haven't read back a few pages, don't freak out if yours get switched to backordered. If anything, it's actually a good sign. :LOL:

Calling them right now is kind of limited information pass along nightmare to get specifics on things from what I'm seeing. I'm having to exercise @BigDill level persistence (from what I've heard, lol) to get a couple answers I need to put in my next order on these. And I hate badgering people.
Haha while I have a reputation of being the literally most annoying person when it comes to such things, I did not call Srixon about my irons one time. I think a lot of that has to do with the current set in my bag and my love for them. Best of luck, I hope you get your questions and concerns sorted out, and end up with some irons you love.

I'll say this again for the cheap seats: That seems to be their process!!

So if you haven't read back a few pages, don't freak out if yours get switched to backordered. If anything, it's actually a good sign. :LOL:
clearly i havent lol

Looks like I have a collectors item on my hands haha. These look soooooo good. Had them bent a degree weak. Kind of makes the offset seem less drastic. Not that it was in the first place.

1613755732950.png

1613755688793.png

Welcome home my pretties. Welcome home.

1613760502561.jpeg

Haha while I have a reputation of being the literally most annoying person[.]

Well, you are an attorney. Wait... so am I... damn...

Gorgeous! I am just glad you didn’t say, “My precious.” That’s where I would draw the line.
In would dream of it, lol.

I didnt report it here to complain to Callaway - just wanted the folks here to know it might happen. I know they are a great company and very good to the people at thp.
I don't think anyone took it as a complaint. I am really curious what they say to that time frame if you do call. That's pretty good info to have here.

Back