First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

8i. i definitely buttoned a couple of those. awesome push draws. still need to increase attack more, which should kick up spin and maybe peak height. but those numbers are about as good as i've ever seen on a monitor. what's pretty cool is the spin was just under 6k with a range ball. with a premium ball, i may add several hundred more rpm, and maybe get closer to 6,500rpm. i was hitting mav pro 7i on a monitor late last year and couldn't get spin over 4,500 with a tour ball. i absolutely love the spin profile of these pro 21 irons.

8i. i definitely buttoned a couple of those. awesome push draws. still need to increase attack more, which should kick up spin and maybe peak height. but those numbers are about as good as i've ever seen on a monitor. what's pretty cool is the spin was just under 6k with a range ball. with a premium ball, i may add several hundred more rpm, and maybe get closer to 6,500rpm. i was hitting mav pro 7i on a monitor late last year and couldn't get spin over 4,500 with a tour ball. i absolutely love the spin profile of these pro 21 irons.
Those are really awesome numbers with an 8 iron. Wow, just wow.

Well I decided to come back to the Apex Players Combo today after a round with a different set that was... unsettling. Lol.

8 birdies.

It was the right choice. They good.

These irons are incredible. Truth be told, I am hitting the Pros better than the standard in the set. It could be because the standards are 6 and 7, but the Pros are just money.
All of the information here has my mind swirling! I could probably play the Pros for a whole set but I like a little thickness in my longer irons. Thinking triple play but will work on the game and see what shakes out in December!

That's a long 8I! 👀 Congrats on finding something that's working for you.

Callaway legitimately revolutionized irons when they first introduced the APEX lineup way back in 2014, the blending of forgiveness and all-out performance had never been done like that before. Not only that, but with each subsequent release the accolades have grown as has the amount of tech the company continues to pour into them.

Continue reading...
I got fitted for irons yesterday and have placed an order for the Apex 21 (standard). I'm part excited, part nervous (but mostly excited!). I'm moving from a set of Big Bertha irons which were Game Improvement so the Apex head is noticeably smaller and with a thinner top-line. CAN'T WAIT TO RECEIVE AND BREAK IN MY NEW SET!

Thanks for the review.

That's a long 8I! 👀 Congrats on finding something that's working for you.

i'm just so impressed by the consistency. i wasn't looking for yards, and on the course i expect less distance than those couple shots. it's also nice to see hard work with a great instructor start to pay off.

I have played 3 rounds at Cabos and am on my way back home. At sea level, the Apex Pro is dead on a 150 yard club, so I am thrilled to see that number for you.

I got fitted for irons yesterday and have placed an order for the Apex 21 (standard). I'm part excited, part nervous (but mostly excited!). I'm moving from a set of Big Bertha irons which were Game Improvement so the Apex head is noticeably smaller and with a thinner top-line. CAN'T WAIT TO RECEIVE AND BREAK IN MY NEW SET!

Thanks for the review.
I really started being involved with THP when I purchased a set of the 19 Apex irons. They are plenty forgiving and consistent! Enjoy them! What shafts did you go with?

20210303_160822.jpg20210303_160901.jpg

Well look what was on the front porch. IO 6.5 + 1/2", 6 days after order.

I love a good 3i. Going to put them up against the X Forged UT's for a little fun.

I really started being involved with THP when I purchased a set of the 19 Apex irons. They are plenty forgiving and consistent! Enjoy them! What shafts did you go with?
I tried about 10-12 different shafts and this may sound crazy, but actually didn’t see much difference in the data between any of them. Which is actually kinda frustrating because I was hoping one would be the obvious choice. But in the end, I narrowed it down to the stock option (true temper elevate 95) and the true temper Tour VSS 120. Going with the former simply because there’s no up charge

I tried about 10-12 different shafts and this may sound crazy, but actually didn’t see much difference in the data between any of them. Which is actually kinda frustrating because I was hoping one would be the obvious choice. But in the end, I narrowed it down to the stock option (true temper elevate 95) and the true temper Tour VSS 120. Going with the former simply because there’s no up charge
That is frustrating! Might as well take the cheapest option if they aren’t performing better! Enjoy them!

Last wedge arrived today. 2021 bag complete!
D630508B-25DA-4999-BD7A-4C474DB138A7.jpeg01E91CD5-DCD8-47B5-A9E0-F96615717147.jpeg

Hmmm in serious ponder mode.

Currently in JPX 919 F. I have gone in twice to buy Apex and ended up with Mizunos instead. Just had a better day in fitting.

I am thinking of the combo set, either the Sweet Spot or Triple Threat. The triple threat seems silly that I would only get 1 Pro in the PW (I don't get AW) so probably leaning towards the Sweet Spot. I gap my 6-LW pretty good, but 4 and 5 can be very similar so this seems like the perfect play for me

dude this hits me right in the feels, not in a good way. i'm the same way. for the most part i can make any golf shaft work unless it's on either extreme end of the spectrum. but all i want is like the perfect fit that rises above all others. it doesn't have to magically unlock 40 yards or anything; just want it to stand out as a clear winner in feel, dispersion, etc.

Hmmm in serious ponder mode.

Currently in JPX 919 F. I have gone in twice to buy Apex and ended up with Mizunos instead. Just had a better day in fitting.

I am thinking of the combo set, either the Sweet Spot or Triple Threat. The triple threat seems silly that I would only get 1 Pro in the PW (I don't get AW) so probably leaning towards the Sweet Spot. I gap my 6-LW pretty good, but 4 and 5 can be very similar so this seems like the perfect play for me

Don’t think you can go wrong with either. I ended going Apex 21 6-AW but ended up adding a DCB 5i and a Pro PW and AW, so I probably should have just gone Triple Play. :ROFLMAO: That said, I was very impressed with the Apex PW and AW the one time I’ve been able to hit them.

My order estimate got delayed another week (1st week of April). I called customer service just to make sure it wasn't the grips holding things up. Turns out the AW (pro) is on backorder, as well as the shafts (MMT 95's). It's only a few more weeks, but temps in the 50's and an email from my course saying they were open for play today has me counting down the days..

Look what showed up today!! I can't wait to try and get to the range tomorrow. Teeing it up Saturday!!

IMG_2908.jpegIMG_2907.jpeg

Back