First Look: Callaway Apex 21 Irons

Here is the 4 iron. She’s thin.

1617829303869.jpeg

Guess I'm going to have to go get the 2° flat lie angles checked.

IMG_20210407_120546830_HDR.jpg

Guess I'm going to have to go get the 2° flat lie angles checked.

View attachment 9001879
That's odd! I take it you were on grass and not mats from the dirt. The factory builds have been known to occasionally be a tad off. I ordered the same thing in the Pros. Hopefully ok. Good luck!

Well I’m starting to think they aren’t coming any time before summer. The date just goes back and back but man do I want to hit them

Will someone with TCB's snap a pic with 2019 pros from the top. I like the look of the top line in the photos, but before I pic them up blind I am trying to see how much different they will be then my 19 Pros. I really want my cavity back irons to have the same top line as my MP20 mb. and the TCB looks much closer.

Well I’m starting to think they aren’t coming any time before summer. The date just goes back and back but man do I want to hit them
Same. I'm pretty close to pulling the plug as my events start in May and I need rounds in before I feel comfortable. Probably better off in another direction. We will see. @DNevsCG and his customer service is the only reason I'm sticking at this point.

Same. I'm pretty close to pulling the plug as my events start in May and I need rounds in before I feel comfortable. Probably better off in another direction. We will see. @DNevsCG and his customer service is the only reason I'm sticking at this point.
What are the component delays ???

The standard Apex 21 AW has just been so good around the green.
Agreed. I love this club (Pro 21 AW) on 3/4 shots from about 85. For me it's so much easier to hit than hitting a full 54* wedge. I love it on full shots as well and I use it a lot for bump and runs greenside. I'm just so comfortable with it.

Agreed. I love this club (Pro 21 AW) on 3/4 shots from about 85. For me it's so much easier to hit than hitting a full 54* wedge. I love it on full shots as well and I use it a lot for bump and runs greenside. I'm just so comfortable with it.

Exactly the same for me!!! The Pro AW is amazing and versatile

Mine came in yesterday. The backorder was due to grip selection. Ordered early March with Tour Velvet midsize grips. Expected delivery was June! Sent them an email saying put whatever grips on and they were here in 3 days. Wouldn't have know about the grips unless I read it here. Thanks guys!

I've only been able to play 3 times with my new standards but yesterday I finally had some success on the last 4 holes. I've been really working on correcting a severe over the top move that I've used for a long time and still have slot of work to do. These things are amazing with the KBS $ taper in them and I'm getting distances 2 clubs longer than my old CF16's (those had a bad shaft pairing for me). The shot that stuck out to me was an AW for around 110 out over a bank of trees. It flew high and I told it to go thinking it was short. Landed right in the center of the green and stopped about 12 feet from the pin. Missed the bird but greens here in MI are still bumpy from the winter.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

What are the component delays ???
Tough waiting for sure but they have some delays for sure.

When I talked with them mine are both grip and head production. Apex Pro and Epic Speed 4w not expected until 26 Apr. I also have a 2B10 not coming until Jun (grip & head).

From where are you able to order these?
You have to check with accounts to see if they can order them. From what I understand they have to be approved by their rep to even place the order. Some fitters will be able to actually build the clubs. I have seen some fitters post pics on social media about them.

Not gonna lie, I saw @radiman as last post and my heart started racing that he might have skipped work and put some on course thoughts in here. I have issues...

Not gonna lie, I saw @radiman as last post and my heart started racing that he might have skipped work and put some on course thoughts in here. I have issues...
Haha, we are getting some much needed rain today and tomorrow. Saturday still looks clear though. Just going to be cold when we tee off (around 35-40).

Haha, we are getting some much needed rain today and tomorrow. Saturday still looks clear though. Just going to be cold when we tee off (around 35-40).
I was thinking hard about these while I was out there in wet, windy conditions today. I tend to bring blades when it's terrible because I want a lot of control to combat it, and the Apex MB's were great, but I didn't love the 4-6 of the Pros. Specifically the 6i a couple times. I've only taken a couple true swings with the TCB, but I'm really hoping they're the best of both worlds in stuff like that.

Mine came in yesterday. The backorder was due to grip selection. Ordered early March with Tour Velvet midsize grips. Expected delivery was June! Sent them an email saying put whatever grips on and they were here in 3 days. Wouldn't have know about the grips unless I read it here. Thanks guys!
If it’s something as simple as grips delaying a set of irons for a couple of months why doesn’t Callaway just reach out and give you an option to pick a grip they have in stock? Seems strange that they wouldn’t notify whomever ordered the clubs?

I am getting comfortable with my set overall and the DCB 4 iron is starting to shine. I hit it three times from the tee yesterday with two that ended up fine although they were not hit perfect and one 240 yard perfectly straight bomb. I lasered the 150 yard marker at 212 yards from the tee box and hit my tee shot right at 30 yards past it into perfect scoring position. The DCB long irons are definitely large game improvement irons but that wide sole and large face are just what I need in a driving iron.

I think these feel better than both the 16 and 19 iterations, both regular and Pro.

Back