First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

Yeeepp......pretty clean giddy up there.

These will get another workout later on in the week and it could cause me to change my wedge setup a bit. I have been enjoying them in each loft I have tried.

I'm excited to get my 58* in hand. I used my 58* 13 times the last round out, so it will be my most used club.

I'm excited to get my 58* in hand. I used my 58* 13 times the last round out, so it will be my most used club.

Ever for full shots or mostly chips? What is the comparison wedge that you currently game?

That's interesting. Currently I have only the 50* which I can use for most type shots. For actual bunker play, I will keep my existing Tour Edge 56*.

Ever for full shots or mostly chips? What is the comparison wedge that you currently game?
Always just chips around the green, or when I have less green to work with and need some height and less roll out. I play an old Taylormade RAC wedge in the 58* spot, but also play Cleveland RTX-3 in the 54 and 50* spot.

That's interesting. Currently I have only the 50* which I can use for most type shots. For actual bunker play, I will keep my existing Tour Edge 56*.
I missed a lot of shots just off the green last round so no long shots. I'm also most comfortable with my 58*, so pull it more. I played for 8 years with the 58* as my only wedge. Didnt think a lot of using others until I joined THP, and got my 54* and 50* last year. Excited to see how this compares to my 8 year old wedge.

I missed a lot of shots just off the green last round so no long shots. I'm also most comfortable with my 58*, so pull it more. I played for 8 years with the 58* as my only wedge. Didnt think a lot of using others until I joined THP, and got my 54* and 50* last year. Excited to see how this compares to my 8 year old wedge.
That would account for it. You find ways to make a favorite wedge work, so you do not even have to think about it much. So, like you my 50* is my go to and the 56* for my thumper sand shots. I do have a 60* Tour edge, but have removed it from the bag. I seldom used it anyway and even then only as a lobber (which usually came up short).

That would account for it. You find ways to make a favorite wedge work, so you do not even have to think about it much. So, like you my 50* is my go to and the 56* for my thumper sand shots. I do have a 60* Tour edge, but have removed it from the bag. I seldom used it anyway and even then only as a lobber (which usually came up short).
There is something to be said about having confidence to get it close to the pin. That's why I'm both excited and nervous with my new 58* on the way. I'm sure it will perform, but how fast can I gain confidence?

There is something to be said about having confidence to get it close to the pin. That's why I'm both excited and nervous with my new 58* on the way. I'm sure it will perform, but how fast can I gain confidence?
HAHA...I will say Immediately! from the moment of your first strike as a smile spreads across your face and you say...Whoa

HAHA...I will say Immediately! from the moment of your first strike as a smile spreads across your face and you say...Whoa
I am an optimist, so like to think this will be my reaction! Glad you think the same!

Last edited:
Thursday.

👀

For all those testers, which aspect of the Zipcore's design do you think you will benefit from the most on the course?

Reactions: JB
For all those testers, which aspect of the Zipcore's design do you think you will benefit from the most on the course?
Weight shifts effect on touch shots, 50 and in, I think the balance there could shine through the most.

Though I’m also suspecting the new groove design will shine in the early morning dew and wet conditions.

Weight shifts effect on touch shots, 50 and in, I think the balance there could shine through the most.

Though I’m also suspecting the new groove design will shine in the early morning dew and wet conditions.
I am going back and forth between both of these too. I usually only use my 58 on touch shots around the green, so I've been wondering if the weight transfer would have as much affect on these 1/4 or 1/2 swings.

And I play mostly early rounds, so the dew has a big affect on turf interaction from shots in the rough. Curious to see how it feels with the new grooves.

The weight shift for me. I’m excited to see what that does for my game. New groves are always fun too!

I do love a nice crisp wedge trial.

So now I really hope this gets here Thursday...Tobacco Road is official for Friday now!

Full shots is my guess. For me, moving the sweet spot more toward the center of the club will help me with distance control I hope because I’m a center to toe-side hitter. Those full swings where I would miss on the heel side with a traditional wedge would act different (or correctly as designed 😂). The closer the sweet spot moves away from the hostel, the happier this guy is.

Don't know how I missed this thread or this wedge. Great write-up!

Color me very interested. I haven't settled on an effective for me GW in quite a while. Maddening, really.

I'll be sure to grab one when they're available.

I think weight shift. If it spins more than RTX4 that’s a bonus and I’ll have to adjust a bit. If it goes as good as I think it will I’ll most likely be pre ordering a 54 and taking the RTX4 out of the bag. Can’t go wrong with RTX4, I love mine, but hey, better is a good thing. They also look amazing. Yes I will take full shots at times.

I’m really looking forward to see how the wedge spins and feels on less than full shots. I use my 50deg MD Forged on shots from 100yds all the way down to 60yds since I like it keep the flight down If the spin is high it should allow me to get more aggressive with those approach shots.

Back