First Look: Cleveland RTX ZipCore Wedges

The grooves immediately jump out to me. I know fresh grooves will impart great spin, but I’m curious how they wear over time. As someone who doesn’t fill swing his wedges and does a lot of heavy lifting with my 54*, the touch pitch/chip shots is the feedback I’m looking forward to.
I'm interested in this feedback too, as I dont full swing wedges either. Going to.be fun following the reviews along from many aspects, as wedges serve different functions for different people.

I have been testing these out for about a month and will have a ton of info coming up soon.

Also, stay tuned till tomorrow as we are going to have a bunch of THPers have a chance to join me in testing them.
Excited to see feedback on these, thought I was set with my wedges but these look amazing

I really love my RTX-4s. They were a a noticeable improvement over the 3s. Can’t wait to try the next iteration. May have to order a custom stamped set to match my RTX-4s.

Zip Serm FTW!

I’m so excited for these I told my wife about them on our daily walk. That never happens because she doesn’t care but I was that excited. I’m not sure I’ve ever said that about a wedge.

I can’t be alone, right?!
I once tried starting a discussion about the position of the weights in my driver and how it affected spin and launch. I have never seen such a glazed expression happen so quickly :ROFLMAO:

The talk about the feel being improved is pretty exciting. It's been fun seeing how their wedges have evolved over the past couple of releases.

@JB, how do these feel weight wise compared to the RTX4? I thought their last couple of wedges felt head heavy which is something I loved, I'm wondering if they feel similar?

I think weighting wise they feel similar.

Reactions: KEV
@Jman nice write up.
Which one of these 3 grinds would be like a M grind?

These look really nice, be interesting to see how much more durability the grooves have

7 pages on announcement day... I’d say the world is ready to get these already.

Right? People are itching for new gear all the time. Plus...Cleveland wedges are tried and true so no surprise for me there is already demand & interest here.

I once tried starting a discussion about the position of the weights in my driver and how it affected spin and launch. I have never seen such a glazed expression happen so quickly :ROFLMAO:
That's why we have each other here at THP! Emotional support for such things as position of driver weights!

Played these for a couple months now and definitely feel they are the best wedges Cleveland has designed. The weight of the heads, to me, are a little heavier than the CBX2 (my previous wedges) and the spin is phenomenal.

These things look incredible. I currently play RTX 4’s and am certainly intrigued by this new model. Thanks for the write up!

Great write up @Jman . The tech involved is a head scratcher to me... how these engineers think out of the box... #Cleveland Golf has always made great looking wedges!
I think it would take me some getting used to go at a pin as I’m used to my current wedges rolling out.... 1-2 hop and stop would leave me short every time with these bad boys!
nice write up James!

Question for those following along with this thread so far. For years there was a sentiment that a wedge is a wedge and I totally get it. In the last few years, we have seen a few companies really separate with some different technology through weight shift, face tech, etc etc etc.

What is something that you read about in this ZipCore line that jumps out?
Groove durability mostly & weight distribution....
I’m a digger and go down hard on most wedge and low iron shots and feel like the grooves wear prematurely from digging into the turf. Really interested in how durable this club is.

Nice write up @Jman. These things look classy and spinny.

Great writeup as usual James. Loving the look of these wedges. It's like Cleveland Golf knew I'd be doing a refresh later this year...

Question for those following along with this thread so far. For years there was a sentiment that a wedge is a wedge and I totally get it. In the last few years, we have seen a few companies really separate with some different technology through weight shift, face tech, etc etc etc.

What is something that you read about in this ZipCore line that jumps out?

Said it in the testing thread but the idea of maximizing the sweet spot on a wedge that retains the traditional look at address is really appealing to me as I'll take all the consistency help I can get.

If these were available for pre-order today my wallet would be about $300 lighter.

It's pretty cool seeing an article and hearing about a wedge with some real technology behind it. Typically with these releases it's only about weight position, which of course is still happening here, but it's happening with some technology behind it. It's kind of a breath of fresh air for wedge discussion.

Although I just acquired the RTX4 50*, I read the article about the Zipcore and was enthralled. No plans to get one, but if they are anything like the RTX4 that would be phenomenal and I am sure they are. I am glad I chose the RTX4 over the CBX or smart sole as I like the versality for delicate and/or creative applications around and approaches to the green.

So...

Can I pre-order with custom stamping from Cleveland (when they become available for pre-order)..?

I may or may not be squirreling away funds specifically for the purchase...

So...

Can I pre-order with custom stamping from Cleveland (when they become available for pre-order)..?

I may or may not be squirreling away funds specifically for the purchase...
This is a great Q, not sure if preorders will have that option or not

I know @JDax got a chance to see this in hand today.

Have you hit yet, @JB?

Back