First Look: Cobra Golf T-Rail Irons

I’ve got 27 holes now under my belt now with these. More to come when I get a moment.

I finally got a round in with the T Rails. After a few poor swings early, I was able to make good contact with the ball. High, long and straight. I hit every iron for full shots from the 5 down to the gap wedge. I was very pleased with the flight and trajectory. At least one club longer than my Ping G irons that I used for the last few years. And that is with a swing that needs work.

I finally got a round in with the T Rails. After a few poor swings early, I was able to make good contact with the ball. High, long and straight. I hit every iron for full shots from the 5 down to the gap wedge. I was very pleased with the flight and trajectory. At least one club longer than my Ping G irons that I used for the last few years. And that is with a swing that needs work.
The height I got from these is pretty stellar. Glad to see these start to work out that way for you

The height I got from these is pretty stellar. Glad to see these start to work out that way for you

Have another round in with them. I’m very happy with them. I’m definitely pleased with the high launch I’ve been seeing.

Really want to take some time to work on my swing. I had been planning significant time on the range, but ranges have been closed since March (closed before I got the T Rails ).

Got another round in today with the T Rails. Again, when struck well, they launch high long and straight. Today, I noticed that mishits in the toe went high and straight with a reduction in distance. Mishits towards the heel didn't launch as high but still carried well.

One issue that I'm facing is trying to intentionally flight the ball lower on recovery shots or to hit the ball under tree limbs. Even playing the ball back, the Trail still launches high. I hit two well struck shots today right smack into overhanging trees. I'm going to have to continue to work on this.

Got another round in today with the T Rails. Again, when struck well, they launch high long and straight. Today, I noticed that mishits in the toe went high and straight with a reduction in distance. Mishits towards the heel didn't launch as high but still carried well.

One issue that I'm facing is trying to intentionally flight the ball lower on recovery shots or to hit the ball under tree limbs. Even playing the ball back, the Trail still launches high. I hit two well struck shots today right smack into overhanging trees. I'm going to have to continue to work on this.

The low trajectory shot I thought also shines with these. I recently had a 120 yd shot off hard pan under trees. Took out the 6i. Played the ball in the back of my stance. Closed the face. Kept the club low on the takeaway and punched it under. It ran through the green to the fringe. Chipped and saved par.

Is great you're getting these to work well for you - launching too high is a problem I wish I had to worry about as a relatively low ball striker!

Is great you're getting these to work well for you - launching too high is a problem I wish I had to worry about as a relatively low ball striker!

The T Rails do launch high.

The low trajectory shot I thought also shines with these. I recently had a 120 yd shot off hard pan under trees. Took out the 6i. Played the ball in the back of my stance. Closed the face. Kept the club low on the takeaway and punched it under. It ran through the green to the fringe. Chipped and saved par.

The recovery shot under trees will need some practice. The clubs want to launch high. As indicated, I need some practice on how to flight the ball lower when needed.

The T Rails do launch high.

The recovery shot under trees will need some practice. The clubs want to launch high. As indicated, I need some practice on how to flight the ball lower when needed.

true. I forgot to mention I’m a low ball hitter by nature. As I have a strong grip and deloft at impact.

so this shot is in my repertoire. Ask me to hit a high cut and it’s not happening. Lol

Still really enjoying my T Rails set even the Gap Wedge so today I picked up the 4 Hybrid to go with my set - my irons are steel but they only had the 4 hybrid in the Ultra Lite graphite shaft - hopefully it will do the trick

the 4H has a real good feel and lots of pop - having tried at least 7 different makes over the last 15 years - this club performed the best in its first try - easy to hit off of tight lies and in the rough - doesn't balloon - not to mention it was only 160 dollars compared to the TM Gap I traded in to buy the T Rail hybrid which was 280 dollars and some of the 2020 Hybrids are running 300 to 350

Last edited:
the 4H has a real good feel and lots of pop - having tried at least 7 different makes over the last 15 years - this club performed the best in its first try - easy to hit off of tight lies and in the rough - doesn't balloon - not to mention it was only 160 dollars compared to the TM Gap I traded in to buy the T Rail hybrid which was 280 dollars and some of the 2020 Hybrids are running 300 to 350
I wish Cobra also offered a 4i version. That 5i is silly good

My friend is a headcase and is listing his T-rail irons up for sale locally. He's not hitting anything well right now and just frustrated. When he was swinging better these were quite good for him.

Not a full on hybrid, just a 4i hybrid iron like the rest

The Trail comes in a 4i.
It’s 21* and 39.25”. Look under individual irons on the cobra site.

The 4h is 21* and 39.75”

Had a T Rail in my hands 4 times tonight with a chance for a GIR in my 9 hole round. 3/4 GIR and -1 for those 4 holes. In addition I had one sweet chip with the 5 iron off a very tight lie to tap in distance.

The more I see these, the more infatuated I get.

The more I see these, the more infatuated I get.

I can only relate my limited experience but they are fun to hit and very forgiving.

I have yet to try them, so when you swing them are you thinking hybrid or iron?

It takes some getting used to but now having played with them for a month, I think Iron when I address the ball and when I swing.

iron for sure.
I’ve been working on my swing lately (Narrowing my stance a bit). I play the Ball pretty much in the Center of my stance with the 6i then move the ball back A little with 7i and further back as I work down to the wedges. I simply try and rotate my shoulders and hit down and through the ball like any other iron.

Had a T Rail in my hands 4 times tonight with a chance for a GIR in my 9 hole round. 3/4 GIR and -1 for those 4 holes. In addition I had one sweet chip with the 5 iron off a very tight lie to tap in distance.

Glad to see them working for you. My friend is selling his set (he goes through clubs way too fast) and I'm debating buying his and putting the correct shaft in and giving them a go..

Glad to see them working for you. My friend is selling his set (he goes through clubs way too fast) and I'm debating buying his and putting the correct shaft in and giving them a go..

I'm doing great with the Recoil 460 ESX in them. I hit them in the stock graphite initially and hated them. They were too whip like and too light.

Back