NEWS First Look: Edison Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Many on this forum know the name Terry Koehler. His background in golf is rather interesting.

Reid Lockhart in the 90s
Eidelon Wedges in the 2000s
SCOR Wedges after that
Started the Ben Hogan brand back up in 2014.

Things didn't go as planned at Hogan and since that time despite writing articles at a different website, he has been rather quiet.

Soon you will be hearing about a new brand he will be launching, and it will feature, you guessed it, wedges.

This info is not out there anywhere on the internet, but we know it to be accurate. TK will soon be bringing Edison Wedges to the market. A forged wedge "system" that features a slight V-Sole, a classic design and a subtle cavity. It will also feature TKoehler Design stamped on the hosel. Terry's designs have been popular on the internet, where wedges become more personal than many other pieces of equipment and a number of them have been very good. I still think the SCOR model wedges are excellently crafted and work very well.

Odds are you start hearing about this pretty soon, of course with this post going up, it will be sooner at least on message boards most likely. We don't want to give away all of the details, as that is not our style, but here is an image of what the back will look like.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 12.47.16 PM.jpg

I will be interested in seeing how this works out. We are starting to see more and more boutique wedges show up, which seems to be what many are gravitating towards if they aren't running the ultra popular OEMs there.

Hope they look better than the sewer drains @IceyShanks posted. ?

• Admin
I will be interested in seeing how this works out. We are starting to see more and more boutique wedges show up, which seems to be what many are gravitating towards if they aren't running the ultra popular OEMs there.

It will be interesting. He has a bit of a following, although some of that might not still be there. We will have to see. His SCOR wedges were incredibly popular with THPers.

These should be interesting. Hope it takes off (y)

Ah the return of TK.

Dude knows his stuff, no one can deny that.

Curious name, definitely want to know more.

I liked my TK wedges from Hogan. I think the Equalizers are better though. Interested in what he brings out.

I remember SCOR wedges and they had some bite to them. Very intrigued to see how these perform. Did not know he had such a diverse background.

I was waiting for TK to pop up somewhere. Scor and eidolon wedges were pretty good back in the day. Logo stamping/font looks kind of dated to my eye. Can't wait to see the full product though.

The wedge market keeps getting more crowded. Will certainly be interested in learning more about these. I do love a good forged wedge.

Really enjoyed the Scor wedges so will definitely check these out when more info is available. Hopefully Barry is working for him, enjoyed talking to him on the phone the couple of times I ordered from them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will definitely be interested to see what comes about with the new wedge line. I remember the SCOR line but did never have the opportunity to hit them.

It will be interesting. He has a bit of a following, although some of that might not still be there. We will have to see. His SCOR wedges were incredibly popular with THPers.
They were awesome.

That said, I think it all falls on price. I was checking out Corey Paul recently and his wedges, while tech limited, are a combination of beauty and functionality... at a price that would compete or beat most.

Boutique wedges are kind of a thing. Anyone chasing the internet wedge game is going to have a tough time without the right amount of exposure.

They were awesome.

That said, I think it all falls on price. I was checking out Corey Paul recently and his wedges, while tech limited, are a combination of beauty and functionality... at a price that would compete or beat most.

Boutique wedges are kind of a thing. Anyone chasing the internet wedge game is going to have a tough time without the right amount of exposure.

Do you think his resume brings more eyeballs or will there need to be a hook?

I think it helps, but there needs to be SOMETHING other than his usual Vsole

I mean... I'm pretty club savvy from a 'knows what's out there' perspective and it wouldn't be enough for me.

Like any other brand without real presence, it has to come down to a great social media presence, unless he wants to spend the big bucks. Would love to see some THPer testing too, if the time comes.

First there was Score, then there was the TK wedge, then there was Hogan, I wonder if he's serious or just bored and wants to do something. Boutique putters are one thing but boutique wedgels would be a tough nut to crack unless you have something that would be the next IT!

I think it helps, but there needs to be SOMETHING other than his usual Vsole

I think there will be a story. Whether or not that story is real will be up to people to decide.

I liked my TK wedges from Hogan. I think the Equalizers are better though. Interested in what he brings out.

Like you i have a couple of the Equalizers and love the action on them.....would be hard to push those out of the bag

First there was Score, then there was the TK wedge, then there was Hogan, I wonder if he's serious or just bored and wants to do something. Boutique putters are one thing but boutique wedgels would be a tough nut to crack unless you have something that would be the next IT!

And as mentioned in the first post, there were others before SCOR. Eidelon, etc.

TK definitely gets my attention when it comes to wedges. I gamed the Eidolon back in the day and it is still my favorite sand wedge of all time.

I like scor wedges a lot. I am very interested to see these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've gamed both SCOR and until recently the TK-15 from Hogan. I am interested in hearing more about TK's latest offering.

I do agree with @Jman that there will need to be more than just another version of a V-sole.

I'm intrigued. And, in the absence of full details and pictures, my minds wanders to entrance music. As in, what would be playing in my head every time I pulled these wedges :alien:

Back