NEWS First Look: Edison Wedges

Gentlemen, I think you make good points about Terry's new initiative. Boutique is a good description. I game the FT Worth 15 irons, 2 sets, the SCOR and TK wedges are excellent. I've been in contact with Terry and I believe in his concept of compact head, higher CG, more mass behind the center face.
But let's face it, at $537.00 per club, I will wait til they appear on 2nd swing ebay etc. Happy Thanksgiving!

$537.00 per club???

I have followed Terry's blog on GOLFWRX. "The Wedge Guy", the wedge guy followers have received the early look at these wedges, including the link to the site to purchase early. Yes, $537.0 per wedge. You guys used the term " Boutique" and very well stated.

I have followed Terry's blog on GOLFWRX. "The Wedge Guy", the wedge guy followers have received the early look at these wedges, including the link to the site to purchase early. Yes, $537.0 per wedge. You guys used the term " Boutique" and very well stated.

Interesting. My info was sent to me showed $537 pre-order for a set of wedges. Then it goes to $199 to $299 a wedge dependent on finish chosen, etc.

With that said, I don’t follow his blog, despite being friends with a number of the WRX owners and staff.

I'm intrigued. And, in the absence of full details and pictures, my minds wanders to entrance music. As in, what would be playing in my head every time I pulled these wedges :alien:

This has to be one of the greatest (read: worst) music videos ever made, and I love it.

Interesting. My info was sent to me showed $537 pre-order for a set of wedges. Then it goes to $199 to $299 a wedge dependent on finish chosen, etc.

With that said, I don’t follow his blog, despite being friends with a number of the WRX owners and staff.
Even this is a bit aggressive, don’t you think?

He has done a lot of stuff in the past but I think some people have already said it. How will it be different from the number of wedges with a v-sole. Cleveland has been using this for 2 generations and the equalizer wedge at ben Hogan. Vokey occasionally has one in wedge works.

So again at this price point, I'll be curious what story he'll have besides he'll customize it for you. Artisan and NCW already do that exceptionally well and Edel has some of that too.

537 yikes even for 2 that would be a lot

although the description mentions 3pc set

confusing

So it's official. EDISON FORGED has launched. For christmas, when the wallets and credit cards are most generous.

1575595527063.png

I loved the SCOR Wedges, played them for quite a bit, but not sure if this moves the needle for me

I actually contacted Terry via em, the first photo I saw looked like a GI cavity back. He said no it was a similar compact blade in the SCOR/TK realm.
They don't move the needle for me and the $537/club, is a let down.

Do you think his resume brings more eyeballs or will there need to be a hook?

I am wondering if his resume isn’t tainted some by what happened with the hogan relaunch. While they made good stuff, they were completely out of touch with pricing. It seemed they thought the hogan name would carry more weight then it did.

What is the old saying? If at first.... Looking at the Edison website these wedges look decent, So that is good. They have a good shape looking down at them. But The early pricing is $180/wedge. I don’t know if that is just as a pre release limited deal or if that price will continue on with the full release.

To me for a brand like this $180 per wedge feels a bit steep. I think at that price range I would explore other more proven options. We will see, everyone loves a good comeback story and I wish him all the luck in the world. It’s a steep uphill climb though.

Last edited:
Fast pass for me...can buy some sick looking wedges for that price that perform, looks just not my style. Wish him luck but I’ll take MD5, SM8, etc. if was looking for new wedges.

It looks like I was mistaken, the $537 is per 3 wedge set. But $180/club is very expensive. The design appears to me like a GI iron.
Terry has moved away from the SCOR/TK concept and good luck. The tech gap has narrowed and I don't think these will make a difference
for the average amateur. I will see them on 2nd swing ebay etc in the coming year.

It looks like I was mistaken, the $537 is per 3 wedge set. But $180/club is very expensive. The design appears to me like a GI iron.
Terry has moved away from the SCOR/TK concept and good luck. The tech gap has narrowed and I don't think these will make a difference
for the average amateur. I will see them on 2nd swing ebay etc in the coming year.

I have read some of the stuff he has written. He believes that those types of wedges. He calls tour wedges are very ill suited to your recreation and weekend players. It makes complete sense based on his thoughts that he would start there and try to appeal to your mid to high handicap players.

I just don't know if he will get the traction he needs. it is will be very tough. In my experience as a fitter, almost everyone wants that "tour" wedge. Good players want to hold them in their hands and look at them. Your higher handicappers want something very affordable. Wedges are tough because you cannot really try them too much. With the high price and lack of store presence I think edison will struggle.

There are the specialty and boutique wedge companies that do pretty good, but they are very low volume and highly specific. The consumers going after those wedges know exactly what they want and are willing to pay more to get it. Other wise you are better off producing a wedge like Hayward golf. Those are in the $100 range and that company is doing pretty well.

Went on his website and looked around. Saw this chart. What "Tour" wedge do you know that spins sub-5000 rpms? If I'm looking to buy a cavity-back wedge with a "V-sole", I'm going Cleveland CBX 2 for a lot less money. With that said, I think the Ben Hogan Equalizers improved on the TK wedges and are the best wedge offered today.

IMG_1301.JPG

Went on his website and looked around. Saw this chart. What "Tour" wedge do you know that spins sub-5000 rpms? If I'm looking to buy a cavity-back wedge with a "V-sole", I'm going Cleveland CBX 2 for a lot less money. With that said, I think the Ben Hogan Equalizers improved on the TK wedges and are the best wedge offered today.

View attachment 8917818

I saw those as well. I would love to see how he came up with those numbers. They seem very random....

My experience with SCOR wedges led me to believe that Edison wedges will be perfect, especially with my Ben Hogan Ft Worth Black set :)

Now, I am looking forward to 51/55/59. I always meant to adjust my lies the same with SM7 but stuck on 52/56/60.

I'm not sold on KBS Tour S yet. I replaced Tour V with S300 for my BH irons. I’ll come back in January to share my experience.

Tomorrow, we have a year-end cup championship, which will be perfect timing to make some changes in my bag for 2020 with Edison/Ben Hogan/Ping. I'm leading the points and extra motivation to improve for next season with new stuff. Have a great weekend!

Gentlemen to your points:

JB regarding spin rates, Terry stated all the iron byron testing finished with his new edison proto, unfinished, ungrooved face spinning higher then the competition.
I agree with your take on the cavity back, also the equalizers are just another thin blade, ballooning wedge design.

JBAR I agree the SCOR/TK design compliments the Ft Worth or any other set and the Tour V shafts are versatile through the set. The Edison model looks eerily GI, which I asked Terry about and he responded to the contrary.

Let's be honest, the wedge gap has narrowed and the edison prices??? Keep your eyes on ebay, 2nd swing, 3balls,

Gentlemen to your points:

JB regarding spin rates, Terry stated all the iron byron testing finished with his new edison proto, unfinished, ungrooved face spinning higher then the competition.
I agree with your take on the cavity back, also the equalizers are just another thin blade, ballooning wedge design.

JBAR I agree the SCOR/TK design compliments the Ft Worth or any other set and the Tour V shafts are versatile through the set. The Edison model looks eerily GI, which I asked Terry about and he responded to the contrary.

Let's be honest, the wedge gap has narrowed and the edison prices??? Keep your eyes on ebay, 2nd swing, 3balls,

Wait, a wedge company states that their wedge spins more than others? Shocking.
I disagree with your take on the Equalizers though. Spin comes from design and technique and their sole, being universal (not specific grinds) promotes clean contact for a myriad of users.

I’m sure we will have a set to test at some point soon and like all equipment, it will get a thorough testing from our staff.

Back