First Look: Indi Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

We get an early preview on THP as the website and putters wont show up until tomorrow.

Indi Golf, design and manufacturer of high-performance golf clubs, introduces two new putter designs to its arsenal of short game improvement clubs. The new putter options include Allison, a face-balanced mid-size mallet, and Ramone, a toe-hang blade. These will be available for pre-sale starting immediately.

“After designing wedges for the past few years, the putter category was the most logical next step for us in our mission to help golfers make their short game their best game,” said Rob Lang, General Manager, Indi Golf. “We’ve been developing the technology for these putters for over a year now and we’re confident they will help golfers make more putts. We’re excited to finally introduce them.”

Allison features a double-bend shaft that creates a perfectly face-balanced putter for the player that uses a straight back, straight through putting stroke. Ramone was designed with a 30-degree toe-hang, which is ideal for a player that favors an arced putting stroke.Features of the high-performance Allison and Ramone putters include:

• Precision CNC milled for phenomenal quality, exceptional feel and feedback
  • Constructed from Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Toe and heel tungsten weighting for increased stroke stability and feel for unmatched consistency.
  • Colossal Sweet Spot Technology, which eliminates miss-hits. No matter where the ball is struck on the face, the ball will roll the same distance.
The putters are currently available for pre-sale at www.indigolfclubs.com. The MSRP is $449.99 and during the pre-sale the price is $329.99.

The putters are available with matte black or satin chrome finishes in 33”, 34” or 35” lengths. Indi Golf offers the Lamkin Deep Etched Pistol putter grip as their standard offering. Golfers can also select a Super Stroke Traxion Tour 2.0, Traxion Pistol GT Tour or Traxion Claw 2.0 grip, Golf Pride and other Lamkin grips for an upcharge. For more information, visit www.indigolfclubs.com.

Indi Putters 2020 - Brochurepdf.jpg

2222.jpg

333.jpg

• Admin
Blade_Black_A.jpgBlade_Black_C.jpgBlade_Satin_B.jpgBlade_Satin_D.jpgMallet_Black_B.jpgMallet_Black_D.jpgMallet_Satin_A.jpgMallet_Satin_E.jpg

Like the looks. Color scheme is similar to the Ping Sigma 2 imho. These better be legal!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn COL-L29 met Tapatalk

I like the stainless - the blue/black contrast looks a lot busier to me. But then again, who cares how busy the bottom of a putter is... (@OITW, @Jaymo37 and I had this same discussion this weekend)

I like the looks of that mallet a lot.

they look good, wish they hadn't gone so all in on the terrible model names though.

On the industrial side design wise which I’d expect since the wedges are the same way.

I don’t hate them at all.

Will say, those soles are BUSY.

• Admin
I do too. Way more than I expected honestly.

I really want to see a top down view at address but it looks like it would frame the ball really nicely.

The mallet looks pretty good. I generally don’t care what is on the bottom since I don’t see it at address.

I like the looks quite a bit. I dig the names of the putters too

I dig the looks quite a bit. I’m not sold on the price point, not that it’s over priced, but I think there’s a lot of good stuff out there for sub-$400

I really like the look of the Allison but face balanced is a no go for me. These are pretty cool looking putters though.

I really like the look of the Allison but face balanced is a no go for me. These are pretty cool looking putters though.

I too use a slant neck, but still kind of want to give these a go. I have rolled some aluminum tech in the past and was pretty impressed with how weight could be managed.

Not in the market for a putter, but I do like the looks of the mallet.

I too use a slant neck, but still kind of want to give these a go. I have rolled some aluminum tech in the past and was pretty impressed with how weight could be managed.
It would be worth a shot just from a curiosity standpoint. I'm not sure I've ever tried a putter with aluminum so I'm curious what the feedback would be.

This sounds completely ridiculous but if the Ramone and Allison was reversed on the putters I might have already preordered. Something about a putter with a girls name on it... :ROFLMAO:

This sounds completely ridiculous but if the Ramone and Allison was reversed on the putters I might have already preordered. Something about a putter with a girls name on it... :ROFLMAO:
This would be perfect for me because many times when I leave a putt short I call myself a girl's name. Now I can just say "ALLISON!" and say I was talking to the putter.

I like the stainless - the blue/black contrast looks a lot busier to me. But then again, who cares how busy the bottom of a putter is... (@OITW, @Jaymo37 and I had this same discussion this weekend)

I like the looks of that mallet a lot.

Ton going on there on the soles, top down not bad, could go for a mallet here.

I'd be interested to see if the claim is true :unsure: I would think they did testing obviously

Any explanation of the collosal sweet spot tech?

Any explanation of the collosal sweet spot tech?

You are seeing what I have but I would venture a guess with material used along with tungsten at perimeter, you could accomplish that. I’m rambling here but varying face thickness along with groove construction with weight heavy on outside could give you some real expansive hitting zones right?

Like taking some high tech points that have made up some sweet Flatsticks in the past and marrying them?

You are seeing what I have but I would venture a guess with material used along with tungsten at perimeter, you could accomplish that. I’m rambling here but varying face thickness along with groove construction with weight heavy on outside could give you some real expansive hitting zones right?

Like taking some high tech points that have made up some sweet Flatsticks in the past and marrying them?

That's what I'm figuring. But the quote from Rob about developing a tech for over a year, but then having nothing else to expand on it comes of as somewhat sloppy to me. An expansion of that and diving in to what took a year+ to work on would grab my interest more, similar to their wedges which are tech heavy and explained well.

Looks wise though, I dig them. Like others have said, the sole is a touch busy, but the shapes and styles look quite nice.

That's what I'm figuring. But the quote from Rob about developing a tech for over a year, but then having nothing else to expand on it comes of as somewhat sloppy to me. An expansion of that and diving in to what took a year+ to work on would grab my interest more, similar to their wedges which are tech heavy and explained well.

Looks wise though, I dig them. Like others have said, the sole is a touch busy, but the shapes and styles look quite nice.

I tend to agree, although marrying all of those things together and getting it right could take a long time. I know what each design aspect does, but getting them altogether might be a first, so if my speculation is even in the same ball park (its probably not) it would excite me to try them.

Back