First Look: KBS TD Graphite Wood Shaft

Finally back home from my road trip this week. Took some quick snaps of this before heading to the office today. I have the 70 Category 3 shaft. I don't know if it was the outdoor light this morning, but the finish on it looks like a piano black finish and I kind of dig it. Will get more pictures and info on it up soon.

i-xFVzfCj-L.jpg

i-QpmTnrC-L.jpg

i-wt25crT-L.jpg

I like the looks of it. Clean and simple.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like the looks of it. Clean and simple.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

it sure is. Looking at the specs of it, I think it could be a good fit for me if the flex plays properly.

What’d you end up plugging this one into again Dean?

Looking forward to this one. I am thinking of plugging one into a Majesty head.

I have a callaway tip on it so it's going in the Flash. Can't wait to get back home now and get some numbers with it.

Going with this one.

That will be one interesting color combo, hahahaha

Its the holidays. Red and Green work well together.
Ahahaha, taking the Walmart route and stocking Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving!

Hit a few this morning and have to say it was pretty good. Played a little stiffer than I expected, but launched pretty well initially.

Hit a few this morning and have to say it was pretty good. Played a little stiffer than I expected, but launched pretty well initially.

Wanted to add one thing here. I was using the 60 Category 3 in stiff.

I'm pretty excited to get this on the monitor Tuesday.

1b7c329b5af850fa4b01b6bf053776ea.jpg

e35f69b9d61be618ff99dd47e28ddbac.jpg

db4bc7af6c03250e971cd8bbf84796fa.jpg

Okay back from testing and digging what I see here. First off the shaft looks great. The black and red feels like KBS and when I paired it with a Lamkin TS1, it looks solid.

It does appear to feel a little stiff to flex to me. Nothing crazy or anything, but just a bit stiffer than what I have been playing. Ball flight was a solid mid and without the launch monitor with me, I couldn't give you launch, but overall, just a mid level flight.

I will have more coming up soon.

Wanted to add one thing here. I was using the 60 Category 3 in stiff.
Sounds like a fun one to try

Some testing done today before the white stuff falls from the sky tomorrow....

62FCBB7F-8F6A-4119-9BD5-D589B078CA7A.jpeg

This might play a touch stiff for me, but I think this paired with Epic Flash at 44.5 is my new combo. According to my LM data, it provides the longest combo for me this season. It picked up 3-4 yards over the Flash Tensei combo I had been playing.

This might play a touch stiff for me, but I think this paired with Epic Flash at 44.5 is my new combo. According to my LM data, it provides the longest combo for me this season. It picked up 3-4 yards over the Flash Tensei combo I had been playing.

I saw the exact opposite, but only because, like you, it was ill fitting, which led me to hit it a bit too low. With the right shaft, it would be a home run I have a feeling.

I saw the exact opposite, but only because, like you, it was ill fitting, which led me to hit it a bit too low. With the right shaft, it would be a home run I have a feeling.

The low is part that helps me out, as you know all too well. Gave me a bit of a flatter flight, dropped LA down nearly 2 degrees, so it was pretty good. Reminded me, flight wise, of what I was getting when I had Diamanna White 70x in the 917.

The low is part that helps me out, as you know all too well. Gave me a bit of a flatter flight, dropped LA down nearly 2 degrees, so it was pretty good. Reminded me, flight wise, of what I was getting when I had Diamanna White 70x in the 917.

I will be curious when I can get back to their shop and go through a full fitting, what they line me up with.

I will be curious when I can get back to their shop and go through a full fitting, what they line me up with.

I would be curious with that too.

Very old thread, just curious if anyone has put one of these in play for an extended period? I would love to try one but it will be a blind order in a Cobra Aerojet head, concerned about the shaft causing the swing weight to be too highly at a standard 45 1/2” playing length.

Very old thread, just curious if anyone has put one of these in play for an extended period? I would love to try one but it will be a blind order in a Cobra Aerojet head, concerned about the shaft causing the swing weight to be too highly at a standard 45 1/2” playing length.
I played one for a year and still have one cut for a 3 wood in the garage. It’s an interesting shaft. Pretty smooth but firm. The tip heaviness of it make it play differently.

I played one for a year and still have one cut for a 3 wood in the garage. It’s an interesting shaft. Pretty smooth but firm. The tip heaviness of it make it play differently.
@templeton80 summed it up perfectly. I played one 2 years ago and found it to be very very accurate. The waggle test makes it seem like it has some whip to it but it does not at all. It plays pretty firm

what flex are you looking for? I ordered my stealth2 with 60 category 4 (x) but I’ll probably end up moving it. The LA DJ shaft gave me better results

Thanks for the replies, I’m thinking I would look at cat 3 for the Aerojet LS

Back