First Look: Odyssey Triple Track #7 Putter

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Odyssey Triple Track Putters burst onto the scene back in January and have quickly become one of the most positive putter review threads on the THP Forum. If you want to hear thoughts of golfers all over the world that have put these in play, here are 35 pages worth (at the time this article was published) and some really good information shared.

Sole2-1024x692.jpg

Questions remained for a lot of golfers that had become accustomed to a certain shape. When would the #7 model make it’s debut? Is it even possible to fit Triple Track into that shape? What would it look like?

Today, all of those...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the 7 has hit the gym. Some added beef but man I think of all the TT this is best looking one. Well done.

I was on the fence with the Triple Track on putters, but the #7 puts me firmly in the "Yes" camp! I think it looks great!!

That’s a good looking 7

The 7 is such a great iconic shape and this putter looks marvelous. Going to be a huge seller along with the ten.

i think this will be really successful. they didn’t bastardize the shape. it’s a much more understated addition yet very effective. i love my marxman, but this one has my wallet a little scared.

• Admin
i think this will be really successful. they didn’t bastardize the shape. it’s a much more understated addition yet very effective. i love my marxman, but this one has my wallet a little scared.

These are exactly the two I am going back and forth on. After a laser test, I know I need Triple Track, that was borderline crazy to me, but I go back and forth on these two shapes and cannot make a decision.

I really like that shape the more I see it, and the more I get into mallets. I didnt know it was the most used shape on tour, and to be honest, it kind of surprised me. Not sure what I thought all the pros used, but this didnt necessarily come to mind.

I guess I’m the minority in that I don’t think it’s the cleanest look in regards to how they blended the triple track. Taking the topline and stretching it visually is just a little off to me.

That said, they had no choice if they wanted to implement it at its most effective, but it’s, for me, not something I’d call pretty.

That said, it will be a great putter, and an effective one. I have no doubt it will be loved, and lethal, for people.

I really like that shape the more I see it, and the more I get into mallets. I didnt know it was the most used shape on tour, and to be honest, it kind of surprised me. Not sure what I thought all the pros used, but this didnt necessarily come to mind.

I think overall, the plumbers neck would be the most used shape (although getting closer). In this instance it is Odyssey's most used shape on tour and has been for a number of years.

I think I will reserve judgement on the aesthetics until I see it in person, but Odyssey nailed it with this version of TT. The 7 is iconic and one that many will gravitate towards. I have been on the fence with TT on putters, but these are growing on me. Immediately I feel like Odyssey matched form and function pretty well with this one.

Looks good. To my eye, the Ten is the best looking of the TT line, but this was a needed addition to the line and was wel executed.

Looks good. To my eye, the Ten is the best looking of the TT line, but this was a needed addition to the line and was wel executed.

I'm probably in the Marxman camp for best looking, but this one and Ten look good too.

S model would be more my thing, which is an option so that’s good. I don’t know though, I feel like TT works better on the mallets where it can provide a longer TT section.

That thing is pretty gorgeous. I have never stroked the #7 but am planning on it next time I am at a golf store. These things are so popular for many reasons!

I tried this out several months ago at a Callaway event and I loved it but I didn’t know at the time it wasn’t released yet. The Odyssey 7 has been my go to for the last few years until I tried a SpiderX. But now that it’s released I might have to switch back.

I didn't have a good run with a previous 7 in the bag. This, though, warrants an in hand look.

Oh hell yes! I’ve never played a fang putter, but I love the look. Glad to see it added to the TT lineup. Maybe one day!

Looks like the 7 has hit the gym. Some added beef but man I think of all the TT this is best looking one. Well done.
I hit a few putts with this at the PGA show and I don't recall it looking bigger than I'm used to looking at unless they modified it since then

I think it looks good, will definitely help get the ball started on line more easily

This may be enough to get me to try a 7. I have an order in I may need to adjust it today.

I think this could be huge for them, such a classic shape and now combined with great new tech

I hit a few putts with this at the PGA show and I don't recall it looking bigger than I'm used to looking at unless they modified it since then

This section grew...

1591278015067.png1591278018734.png1591278022717.png

Understand why and it looks good.

Looks very solid. Must try the #7 head shape one of these days.

Back