First Look: Project X LS Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
With the tour underway, a new shaft line from Project X is starting to show up on tour trailers and getting some buzz early. I would expect you will start to see these showing up in bags on tour in the very near future.

1-7-1024x692.jpg

Going in, the idea was to create a shaft that to best fit the increasingly stronger golfer. Golfers are getting more athletic and faster than ever and naturally equipment has had to keep up. The task was simple (in theory), to create the lowest launching and spinning steel golf shaft on the market and the result is a shaft that launched a full degree lower and spun 500rpm less than its predecessor.

2-4-1024x692.jpg

Introducing the Project X LS (Low Spin). This is the next evolution of the original Project X. Very stable and stiff design that minimizes spin and provides a tight and...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
I like what they are doing here by saying it's for the stronger player and then not offering a 5.5 or 5.0 flex. Yes it neglects some of the audience out there, but I think it also keeps the messaging about the product true. It also eliminates people jumping at it who it would likely be a poor fit for.

They look very good. I wouldn’t think that many need lower spin in irons but maybe the stronger player does

Good write up @JB. I bet those puppies are stiff.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I have the current px 6.0, though if anything I need more launch and spin.

I like what they are doing here by saying it's for the stronger player and then not offering a 5.5 or 5.0 flex. Yes it neglects some of the audience out there, but I think it also keeps the messaging about the product true. It also eliminates people jumping at it who it would likely be a poor fit for.

Can't say it's for the golfer who is strong and having those issues if you then create a flex for the golfer who doesn't need it one bit

Wow. :oops: These are cool but no where near my game. Strong

• Admin
Can't say it's for the golfer who is strong and having those issues if you then create a flex for the golfer who doesn't need it one bit

I could see you with these in 6.0 bringing your launch down a tiny bit. Could be a good fit.

I could see you with these in 6.0 bringing your launch down a tiny bit. Could be a good fit.

Could be, with this kinda spec though I'd for sure want to jump on a monitor to confirm that.

Could be, with this kinda spec though I'd for sure want to jump on a monitor to confirm that.

Definitely.

I’m betting @+7 KPTT already has the 7.0s in his bag.

I wonder if they have managed to soften up the feel any, in comparison to the standard PX?

I tend to struggle with high spin and launch with the irons. I could see the 6.0s at 120g being worth a try.

Man. There is a small segment out there that would LOVE what these are talking.

I want some...

These seem like the Pro X version of the C Taper.

PX LS is the first release in the Next Evolution of Project X steel so there will be some products coming for guys who didn't gain 25lbs of muscle during COVID.

PX LS is the first release in the Next Evolution of Project X steel so there will be some products coming for guys who didn't gain 25lbs of muscle during COVID.

Does eating lots of carbs and not doing the same 47 mile walks you are doing each day count? Asking for a friend.

Definitely intriguing, I'm definitely a high spin player who could take some height off my iron shots. I'll be watching these!

what about those who drank 25L of rum during the same period?

I’m definitely interested. Any news on whether any companies will eventually have these in fitting carts? It’s hard enough to find the current PX 7.0 or X7’s in anything but boutique fitting companies.

Nice looking shafts. No need for me to even try them starting out at that weight and flex.

hour and a half old and I haven't been tagged thirty times...

I'm disappointed in you nerds.
Also, I seriously need to use these.

well, not everything is about you ok... :p

Back