First Look: TaylorMade SIM2 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids

skujan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The SIM 2 release sure doesn’t seem to be generating any buzz here on the forum. Interesting...
Especially given that the SiM2 lineup appears to be selling well. I'd want to try it out for sure. Looks very cool.

MSB256

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Has anyone looked into the shaft options with the SIM2 hybrid? I almost bought one today, but the shaft options might have factored into pausing.

MSB256

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Tried the SIM2 rescue and 3 wood Ti today. Leaning toward getting the 3 wood.

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
I have the Sim2 9*, Sim2 Max 3W & 5W and Sim2 3H coming. It's going to be a long 3 weeks till delivery. Pretty excited about going back to TM clubs.

MONTANTK

Reaction score
I currently have the M5 3 wood which I love and I’ve been longing to get back to a Taylormade driver but I’ve just hated the feel since they came out with the m3. I set up a fitting for the Sim2 hybrid and I have very intention of pulling the trigger. I’m also going to try the new Sim2 drivers and see if they can take my money

skujan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I currently have the M5 3 wood which I love and I’ve been longing to get back to a Taylormade driver but I’ve just hated the feel since they came out with the m3. I set up a fitting for the Sim2 hybrid and I have very intention of pulling the trigger. I’m also going to try the new Sim2 drivers and see if they can take my money
That SiM2 hybrid is compact and looks great!

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
anyone else swinging the SIM2 Max driver? thoughts? it feels very sledgey to me...i like it but it's taking a bit of an adjustment...

MONTANTK

Reaction score
anyone else swinging the SIM2 Max driver? thoughts? it feels very sledgey to me...i like it but it's taking a bit of an adjustment...
Just played my first three rounds with the regular Sim2 and I agree. It’s a very strange feeling but when you hit it well the ball seems to fly forever

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
Just played my first three rounds with the regular Sim2 and I agree. It’s a very strange feeling but when you hit it well the ball seems to fly forever
can you explain the strange feeling?

MONTANTK

Reaction score
can you explain the strange feeling?
It almost feels like the head is lagging behind and moving really slow, similar to swinging a sledgehammer. Oddly enough I picked up club head speed

Joshnoble01

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
So I had my fitting yesterday and I got fit into the SIM2 Max hybrid 22 and 25 in what basically is my 4 and 5 iron spot. 6-G will be P790.

How do those that have used the SIM2 Max versus original SIM Max rescue find them? Any huge differences or improvements? Similar style? Pros and cons of going with older version or should I just pony up for the new SIM 2 max?

I am considering the following:
- Update bag with 4h and 5h in SIM 2 Max
- Purchase 5h in SIM 2 Max and keep my 818 in the 4h for now
- Go with original SIM Max hybrids in 4h and 5h if they are similar. Can basically do used versions for both for same price as the SIM 2 new?

skujan

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you still have the 5 in the P790? If so you could play that and just add a new SiM 2 Max 4 rescue. Then later on down the road get he 5 rescue if you feel you need it.

time4tim

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am playing the Sim2 Max really enjoy hitting it. The sound to me is perfect. Only thing I don’t like is stock shaft offerings for it.

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
I am playing the Sim2 Max really enjoy hitting it. The sound to me is perfect. Only thing I don’t like is stock shaft offerings for it.
i do like mine but it swings like a sledge hammer...the sound/feel is perfect, tho.

LEFTY57

Reaction score
Handicap
Just took my Sim 2 max d 3 wood out this weekend for the first . Absolutely the straightest and easiest fairway to hit of the deck I have ever hit . I had the the sim 2 max d last year a nice fairway but this year the the improved sole is fantastic . I fight a fade or slice with my swing the Sim 2 the seems to correct this more . Saying that I can work this 3 wood with a fade or draw or just point and shoot . Oh and the sound and feel are spot on . Love it .

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
April 3rd is when my Sim2 Driver, 3W, 5W and hybrid will be here. It can't get here soon enough. I'm so impatient.

Thornton Melon

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Is there anyone seeing a performance difference in the fairways from last year's to this year's? My impression is there isn't much there but there's no videos on comparison and curious given the wait to get Taylor made clubs

chile

Jive Turkey
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Chocolate
i was fit into the Sim2 Max 3W HL but can't bring myself to pull the trigger...but i feel like i NEED to

LEFTY57

Reaction score
Handicap
Is there anyone seeing a performance difference in the fairways from last year's to this year's? My impression is there isn't much there but there's no videos on comparison and curious given the wait to get Taylor made clubs
The v sole has a much improved from the previous model much easier to hit of the deck . Seeing a bit higher ball flight . I would say the distance is roughly the same that said the consistency in strike makes it a better club.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
I was really thinking that once Callaway threw out the 50% trade in offer on the new Epic woods that we would quickly see TM follow. Seeing as they have been a pretty reactionary company in recent years. As a matter of fact, I was hoping they would because I want to get some SIM2 Max action.

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
any other thoughts on the Sim2 woods and hybrids? Mine won't be here till the weekend. It's been a long almost month since ordering.

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
any other thoughts on the Sim2 woods and hybrids? Mine won't be here till the weekend. It's been a long almost month since ordering.
I'm kind of relying on you

Bullfrog

Team Hackers 4EVA!!!
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Full swing
On me??? Why would you rely on me? You know I'm not reliable. :ROFLMAO: I'm surprised you don't have thoughts on them yet.

sizzquatch

Reaction score
Just got my sim2 driver in... Man how Long are these things (physically).
Coming from a tour length speed zone this feels like I'm swinging a hockey stick. First swing I almost missed the ball off my heel completely.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in