First Look: TaylorMade SIM2 Driver, Fairway Woods, Hybrids

I am in love with my Sim 2 max d 3 wood . The easiest 3 wood off the deck I have ever hit . Easy to launch tuff interaction is better the the sim max 3 last year .
Oh and it is dead straight .
I am still waiting to try the Sim 2 Max d driver should be in any day now. I will see if it unseats my BB B21 driver .
gb

Does anyone know what the front screw TPS weight on the Sim2 Max weighs stock Off the shelf purchase with Ventus blue 5s stiff made for shaft 10.5* head configuration ? Looking to tinker a bit and don’t have the security tool to remove as of yet. TaylorMade said they’re not publishing this information which is a little off-putting to say the least.

Hit the Sim2 pretty good during my trip to North Carolina. Love the ball flight. Nice mid to high and penetrating! Did I have bad swings, yes. But I had a lot of good swings with it. Taking it back slow and powering through is the key. I love the weight of it. Plus you can tell were the head is during the swing. I wouldn't say it was like a sledge hammer. I don't know what I'd really compare it to. Mishits on the bottom of the face and toe still just seem to fly. Mishits on the inside towards the neck, those really hurt the distance. Probably because the speed foam isn't as prevalent as in the middle of the face and toe. But hey what do I know. So far, this club is a gamer. From first impressions, it will be in the bag for a while.

So I got to play a SIM2 today. Hit it 4 or 5 times at least. I moved past it pretty quick when they came out and I tested it a little, and man was it was easy to remember why. :LOL:

Besides looking crazy toe up to me, they are the weirdest sounding driver out there to my ears. I almost want to say a full flushed one sounds like a mishit to me, but it's even weirder than that. I feel like you're either in the TM sound belt, or you're not, and I am definitely not.

I did absolutely blister one, and shaped another well left to right, but it just looks, feels, and sounds so weird to me.

Finally got to play with sim2 max fairway 15 it’s really forgiving fun to hit even on misses don’t lose much at all or anywhere you hit it on the face I’ll try it again next few days but what amazes me my old Adams 9032ti fairway still keeps with all the new stuff

5W was delivered today. Looking forward to hitting it. Only waiting on the hybrid. I purchased on Mar. 6. Been a long wait.

2 rounds with new irons and hybrids in bag. SIM Max2 5h has instantly become my favorite club and 4h essentially replaced the Heaven wood gap. Both are awesome clubs. Feel like they are hitting the ball for me. Trying to talk myself out of a 3w and 5 wood/7wood SIM Max2 to round out top of the bag.

On Sunday PGATSS fit me into a SiM 2 Max 9 driver/Kuro Kage Silver stiff shaft. Love the feel of the driver and the sound is awesome, not a high pitched crack but more of a muted whack.

Anyone try the Sim 2 Max D driver? I am a high handicapper and have a tendency to slice my drives. I am working on this at the range and through lessons, but am hoping to get some opinions on whether the draw bias actually helps with the slice issues.

Anyone try the Sim 2 Max D driver? I am a high handicapper and have a tendency to slice my drives. I am working on this at the range and through lessons, but am hoping to get some opinions on whether the draw bias actually helps with the slice issues.
It certainly can. While I was not a huge fan of this model, a draw based driver can certainly help.

Was fit into the SIM2 Max in my driver fitting yesterday. We were seeing pretty low spin overall so ended up in a 12˚ with a Mitsubishi Diamana TB. Was carrying it ~10 yards more than my Mavrik consistently. Interested to see how all of that plays out on the course as my results indoors often don't match up with my results outdoors. Potential is worth checking it out though for sure. TM is not really where I expected to end up based on my last few years' experience with their drivers, but I'm happy to give it a shot. Will be a bit of an adjustment coming from mostly Callaway drivers for the last 5 years, but looking forward to putting it through it's paces. If I can gain some more consistency, I'll take it!

Also hit the 3HL against my current 4W (Epic Speed). They were pretty much neck and neck. Not going to mess with that spot for now, but I did like the look of the SIM2 Max as a second tee option.

Last edited:
I'm going to see if I can test out a Sim2 Max this weekend. I've heard some really good things about it.

Continue to be very happy with the 3w. Tee game has been much more consistent with only a slight drop in distance compared to when I play driver. But the misses with the 3w are far less penal. Misses usually stay close to the fairway, where the driver could be the next hole over on multiple occasions. Until I can learn to hit a driver this is the best option for my game.

Another solid tee day with the SIM2 3w. Had a few get too far right but most were nice cuts with plenty of distance. Most confidence I've had on the tee in quite awhile

Played my HL 3W today... Very nice. Feels great. I guess the fitter was right :ROFLMAO:

Took the Max 12˚ out on my round this weekend, but my driver swing clearly decided to sleep in. Slice city with both drivers on the front. Was finally able to hit a couple of good drives on the back, at around 240 into the wind on both of them. Unfortunately the tees we played keep driver out of my hands on all but two holes on the back nine. Going to continue to work with it. Still waiting for the shaft I was fitted into to come in, currently in the stock stiff Tensei. If I can improve on those good results, this could be a fun one. Boy does it launch high though.

Man these Sim 2 max hybrids are the best I have played . I have the 4 & 5 . Thank you Taylormade for making a 5 hybrid available in left hand . It fits that yardage gap I have been missing out on.

Man these Sim 2 max hybrids are the best I have played . I have the 4 & 5 . Thank you Taylormade for making a 5 hybrid available in left hand . It fits that yardage gap I have been missing out on.

i am pondering a 4H...i like my srixon just fine but i feel like i need to have a TM hybrid :cautious::LOL:

I've never been comfortable hitting a 3W and have generally not carried one at all for many years. I was getting tired of having a gap from driver down to 3 hybrid so I decided to try and get fit for a 3 wood. The swing has improved over the last year or two, so I'm sure that contributed, but I have never felt so confident as I am pulling the Sim2 Titanium 3W out of the bag. The results were great in the fitting and it has really translated over to the first couple of rounds I have used it. It goes for miles, feels like it launches off the face, and I really feel in control of the ball flight. I forced myself to use it for tee shots on several shorter par 4s and am glad that I did. I now have another great option in the bag that I think can help me play better golf and shoot lower scores.

Looking forward to getting the Sim2 in hand, ball was flying well during the fitting. Hope the build does not take too long. Components were all in stock except preferred grip so just picked the generic TM one and will have the shop throw new one on.

So far the Sim2 Max has been a little shorter than my Mavrik. I will say the pairing with the lighter 50G Diamana has helped with overall distance so it's much closer. I was also able to tame it a bit last go round and didn't see any of the huge misses that I did previously. Chalking that up to comfort level and will continue to get it out for some more testing. I did have one drive that was pretty massive. Will be interesting to see how it plays out as I get more comfortable with this one.

Went to golf galaxy today on my lunch break and hit a 7W. Here’s a picture of the best shot I had

ADCD3053-F15F-4FFA-B432-8047862ACF43.jpeg

Back