First Look: Titleist 2020 AVX Golf Ball

Yeah, I can certainly try. It’s a great ball if it works for you and you can use some lower spin. The cover holds up really well, like really well. It does exactly what they say it does, which is refreshing

@Iceman! - what questions do you have?
Well I was looking it see how compares to maybe the new TourB RX and how the short game spin is in actual game conditions. I took a flyer and bought a dozen Yellows to see how it does with my Mavrik SZ and my CBX 2 wedges. Playing tomorrow and Sunday. Let you know how it goes.

Well I was looking it see how compares to maybe the new TourB RX and how the short game spin is in actual game conditions. I took a flyer and bought a dozen Yellows to see how it does with my Mavrik SZ and my CBX 2 wedges. Playing tomorrow and Sunday. Let you know how it goes.
Spin wise I found the AVX to be similar to the RX. Worked plenty well for me unless the ground was rock hard.

Yeah, I can certainly try. It’s a great ball if it works for you and you can use some lower spin. The cover holds up really well, like really well. It does exactly what they say it does, which is refreshing

@Iceman! - what questions do you have?
Played 9 this morning with the new AVX and I have to tell you I’m quite impressed. I had a couple of drop and 2 bounces on the greens. So much better than the original. Not even close. My driver distance was little off however I made 3 pars over 9 holes with a sand save. I could game them for sure.

Last edited:
Played 9 this morning with the new AVX and I have to tell you I’m quite impressed. I had a couple of drop and 2 bounces on the greens. So much better than the original. Not even close. My driver distance was little off however I made 3 pars over 9 holes with a sand save. I could game them for sure.
Yeah, super good ball from Titleist. I know a lot of people who swear by them

And my new gamer, AVX. I had two shots bounce and spin to a stop. Really like it. Straight of the tee and wedge play seems to be good. So much better than last year’s model. Picked up 2 dozen more today for a golf weekend happening next week.

Bumping this to update some numbers with 2020 AVX:

Driver spin has gone down about 300 RPM to 3000, iron and wedge spin up between 8000-9600 RPM (depending).

Still has that super penetrating flight with such a soft feel off the face.

I'm very impressed with the short game spin; its nothing like the first generation AVX.

This ball literally does everything it advertises.

Back