Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

May not be the best wedge for me but I’ve always thought they look the best and that still stands true.

I just feel like they're having to try really hard to tweak and add to the story they have told the last two SM's. Yes, there are some changes there, but the story is familiar. I think they would be much better off saying these are new Vokeys and owning that people are going to flock to them based on that, then sell the story of the hydrophobic principle.

Probably would have been a better marketing approach if they went this way. Still going to sell a crap ton of wedges regardless. But I agree would have been a cool to hear a different angle instead of the CG angle like the past 2 years. They look damn good though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am way too excited that raw wedges will be offered for order just like the other finishes instead of with an upcharge as in prior years.

It will be time to replace my triple threat of wedges 52-56-60 this coming season, so I will be looking at these very seriously.

Vokey's always seem to have that clean and classic look to them, but honestly, without reading more about them, on appearance alone, they don't look like they have much tech in them.

Bought my first set of Vokeys after a fitting 18 months or so ago. Instantly became a fan. I’m looking at replacing my set approach wedge, so will be looking forward to trying these out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And of course despite my initial critical viewpoint I’m ordering these. :oops:

48F, 54D, 62M

Really cool interview regarding the development of these with Jim Sieckmann on the Fully Equipped podcast this past week.

And of course despite my initial critical viewpoint I’m ordering these. :oops:

48F, 54D, 62M
Why 6 degree and then 8 degree gap? Just specific uses?

Why 6 degree and then 8 degree gap? Just specific uses?
Because loft gaps don’t automatically mean distance gaps.;)

Plus, typically those who freak out about the gaps are ones who have to have everything uniform, or lack the ability to hit partial wedge shots.

For me, 48 plays from 110-140, 54 from 60-110, and 60/62 from 60 and in, never full swing.

Because loft gaps don’t automatically mean distance gaps.;)

Plus, typically those who freak out about the gaps are ones who have to have everything uniform, or lack the ability to hit partial wedge shots.

For me, 48 plays from 110-140, 54 from 60-110, and 60/62 from 60 and in, never full swing.
Interested to hear your thoughts on the new D grind.

Looks fantastic, however, I just purchased an MG2, but that dosen't mean I can't window shop!;)

M-Grind, but beefier bounce wise. I’m giddy about it.

Was reading about it earlier this week. Sounds so versatile. Would be high on my list as well.

I also love the D Grind - buy it raw, and then do a little more grinding on the trailing edge. After a few months, the grinding looks the same as the rest of the wedge. And I get a more versatile, spinning wedge.

Was reading about it earlier this week. Sounds so versatile. Would be high on my list as well.
It was a big deciding factor for me to try to go this way, without the M and D grinds, there’s no chance I look this way. Heck, I enjoy the M grind so much I almost just went a new set of NL wedges instead.

It was a big deciding factor for me to try to go this way, without the M and D grinds, there’s no chance I look this way. Heck, I enjoy the M grind so much I almost just went a new set of NL wedges instead.

M grind is just that good. It’s the entire reason I still have a Vokey in the bag. Also after hearing Jim Siekmann discuss having multiple grind and bounce options within your set, it’s opened my eyes a bit more on how wedge setups should look.

Are these a little longer than past iterations? I don't dislike the looks but they somehow look fundamentally different than past iterations, can't quite put my finger on it.

Are these a little longer than past iterations? I don't dislike the looks but they somehow look fundamentally different than past iterations, can't quite put my finger on it.
Talking heel to toe? Nope.

Hosel is slightly longer though.

Raw SM8’s it is.

Shout out to Budget Golf in a BIG way!

48F/54D/62M

Hey @Canadan I have to stamp Top Gun quotes on them again, no?

@Jman Wedge stamping is so 2019!

Back