Titleist Vokey SM8 Wedges

I need to figure out grind and loft options by tomorrow

I saw your post on the pondering thread. Vokey has a video saying 5 degrees is really nice in the wedges. How about 50 bent to 51, then 56 & 61?

Yeah that's kind of my dilemma is figuring which way to go. The PW is 46deg. Some of my best wedge game years where way back when TM came out with interchangeable face wedges and I only had those in 52 and 58 at that time. Kept my game simple and to the point. On the other hand I have been playing 50/54/58 for the past few years so It tightens gaps and gives me more optioms which could be a good or bad thing. I'm not a crazy digger and when I miss it's mostly thin. So I would say Neutral to sweeper on divots. I've tossed around all these options

52S/58M (6deg gap)
52F/58M or S/62m
(Could bend 52 and 58 1deg Strong)
50F/54S/58m or 60m
(or go your route of bending the 50 to 51 and 56 to 55 then go 60)
50F/54D/58 or 60m

Options are great but without a real chance to demo with every thing going on its making it tough to pick

Last edited:
I saw your post on the pondering thread. Vokey has a video saying 5 degrees is really nice in the wedges. How about 50 bent to 51, then 56 & 61?
So maybe a 48 then 54 bent to 53 and a 58 for me potentially. With the SM7's I had a few bad chips this weekend which were totally me but I also had a few really good ones including almost pitching in for eagle on the same par 5 both mornings. They both went just left of the hole and were 6 inches to a foot away for tap ins. I can't wait to get the SM8's in the bag.

D-grind is an M on steroids and it’s awesome in the SW

D-grind is an M on steroids and it’s awesome in the SW

Is the D grind still friendly if you open it up?

Is the D grind still friendly if you open it up?
Yup. It’s literally the M with more bounce. Still has heel and toe relief.

Yup. It’s literally the M with more bounce. Still has heel and toe relief.

Gotcha. Leaning towards 50F, 54D, 60M

******* beautiful.

@Canadan will love the rust.

They're lethal for me too. Three chip ins the last two roundsE2DC3C6F-11B5-45D8-AC85-AA82D8F1C8FE.jpeg

Does anybody know how the jet black finish holds up?

LOL i see that pic i want to clean them up! When is the stamping going down?
Probably next time I have a series of consecutive days I can’t get out. I’ve played the last 11 in a row and they’re too good to mess with while I can still get out 🔥🔥🔥

Correct, it’s not.

Probably the least popular finish huh? I read somewhere that when it starts to wear off you can strip that black finishing off and then it’s basically a raw wedge after that

Fitting scheduled for the 28th. Hopefully everything works out and it can actually take place.

Put these away wet on Thursday.

Ohmygod when I take pics tomorrow @Canadan is going to hate it.

Back