First Look: Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro Driver, Fairway Wood & Hybrid

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Earlier this year, Tour Edge updated their Exotics lineup with the EXS 220, and before the world got put on hold, they were receiving plenty of positive reactions. That shouldn’t come as a surprise as the Exotics line saw similar success with the previous EXS offerings. If you haven’t heard about the EXS 220 line,  you can find reviews of both the driver and fairway woods right here at THP. With those products firmly out on the marketplace, Tour Edge is expanding its EXS lineup by bringing an extension that will cater to those who desire a more tour inspired look and lower spin. Today, Tour Edge introduces the latest...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
While I want to and WILL hit it, man that screams Big Bertha to me in a lot of ways.

• Staff
low and forward cg with a sliding rail is interesting to me.

low and forward cg with a sliding rail is interesting to me.
It’s an interesting design combo, but the more I think about it a club like this REALLY could compliment and complete their lineup.

Where’s the pics of the crown?

TE is really on a streak lately I like their color schemes and the sole design and for the price these are retailing at its a steal.

I do agree with @Jman this does look a little Big Bertha esque though. Also Tensei Orange as stock shaft is pretty sweet

• Staff
Where’s the pics of the crown?

TE is really on a streak lately I like their color schemes and the sole design and for the price these are retailing at its a steal.

I do agree with @Jman this does look a little Big Bertha esque though

We didn't have any crown pics. But hopefully that comes in and we are able to get that done.

I think the rail does make it look very reminiscent of the big bertha. Internally though, it is a VERY different beast from it. The only issue is, who goes in to a store and in the first 30 seconds of deciding if a club is going to demo booth, is doing recon to find out whats going on inside the driver head to make it different.

All of that being said, I think these have some serious attractiveness.

• Staff
It’s an interesting design combo, but the more I think about it a club like this REALLY could compliment and complete their lineup.

it sure can. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they are making weight kits available. Even better is that the FW and Hybrid weights fit each other.

We didn't have any crown pics. But hopefully that comes in and we are able to get that done.

I think the rail does make it look very reminiscent of the big bertha. Internally though, it is a VERY different beast from it. The only issue is, who goes in to a store and in the first 30 seconds of deciding if a club is going to demo booth, is doing recon to find out whats going on inside the driver head to make it different.

All of that being said, I think these have some serious attractiveness.

I think part of that is why this is designed for limited release. This will fit a good amount on the internet whereas the regular EXS 220 is so good for the masses based on the reviews on the forum.

• Staff
I think part of that is why this is designed for limited release. This will fit a good amount on the internet whereas the regular EXS 220 is so good for the masses based on the reviews on the forum.

hands down. EXS 220 will easily fit a super strong majority of players.

That would be a sweet to accompany my EXS 220! These are awesome looking and are loaded with tech!

Great article. Tour Edge looks to be on a roll!

Wonderful writeup Dean. This looks to really round out the Exotics line. This isn’t geared at me and my skill level, but know many THpers could benefit from the tech. And those shaft options are very solid

Kind of a head scratcher for me..

The low spin driver I kinda get especially in limited release as they don't really have a "low" spin option currently. One could argue though that the EXS220 is not a high spin driver. Are any drivers really that high spin these days compared to 5-10 yrs ago.

But I thought the CBX line was their lower flying, lower spin line for the more accomplished player looking for those traits in a club. Having said that is the CBX line going away in favor of the EXS Pro Fairways and hybrids?

These woods look awesome but I definitely need the forgiveness more than the low spin. This Pro line is definitely lust worthy though! I’m excited to see the look at address! I bet the guys over at Tour Edge nailed it like they always do!

Kind of a head scratcher for me..

The low spin driver I kinda get especially in limited release as they don't really have a "low" spin option currently. One could argue though that the EXS220 is not a high spin driver. Are any drivers really that high spin these days compared to 5-10 yrs ago.

But I thought the CBX line was their lower flying, lower spin line for the more accomplished player looking for those traits in a club. Having said that is the CBX line going away in favor of the EXS Pro Fairways and hybrids?

The CBX line is multiple years old and shared the same name as another company's wedges. Seems like a good time to make a name change.

I know there are heavier weights available, but in the stock config does a 6g sliding weight even do anything?

the great big Bertha had a 10g and the Flash and Epic around 15/16g

The CBX line is multiple years old and shared the same name as another company's wedges. Seems like a good time to make a name change.
I was about to say, to me this makes perfect sense.

Does this replace the CBX line then ? If so makes perfect sense. If the CBX will be refreshed with the same name then not so much

So does this replace the CBX line ? If so it makes perfect sense. If the CBX is refreshed then not so much

I think people get caught up on replaced and not replaced. Could a CBX line come out later on? Sure, anything is possible. I view it as they have not had a "players" line released in about two years and the EXS 220 Pro fills that need. Make sense?

Seems to mirror where the industry is headed... With general lineup and a specialty line geared toward a smaller market. After reading the article, not sure I need the Additional tech. Never had movable weights or interchangeable weights in a driver.

Great review and nice looking club. Shame it's right hand only but that's ok... it's not designed for an amateur like me. I'd be satisfied with the EXs 220's I think.

Nice write up. I like the colorway of them, good looking clubs.

Any word on price?

I think people get caught up on replaced and not replaced. Could a CBX line come out later on? Sure, anything is possible. I view it as they have not had a "players" line released in about two years and the EXS 220 Pro fills that need. Make sense?

I get it. I was just trying to figure out where it fit in as their lines usually go:

CB/CBX/Beta
XCG/E/EXS
Hot Launch
Bazooka

I think it was a fair question. Would be like if 2 years after Ping released the G410LS all of a sudden they came out with a low spin line called the Velociraptor.

Back