mski

Reaction score
Handicap
9 USGA
On the first tee do you tee up and brand new ball or do you tee up a previously used ball?

If the course has no range where I can warm up and the first hole has trouble off the first tee I hit a used ball. Nothing worse than piping a brand new ball right into trouble.
Now if I get a breakfast ball most times I'll hit a new ball because I rarely (term used loosely) hit the breakfast ball into trouble.

If the first tee has no trouble anywhere then a new ball is hit.

If I ended my last round with a ball in decent shape, I'll play that. If not, I'll grab a new one.

I always start a new round with a fresh ball. It's kind of like new beginnings.

I don't really put too much thought into what ball I'm grabbing since I'll have one type of ball at the ready anyways. Losing a slightly used ball or a new ball doesn't really make a difference to me.

Depends how it goes on the range. So yeah lately it's a used and cheap golf ball that I probably found my last round of golf.

I just grab whatever comes out of the bag first of they type I'm planning to play that day.

Used. I tend to lose new balls off the first tee.

I have no special logic on first tees nor do I understand special logics. To me its a hole just like any other. The ball, the thoughts, the feelings....I do it the same with no special anything given to it.

May be anew ball maybe not. But I am picky and don't play any scuffed balls at all. But I do play cleaned used ones all the time till they get scuffed. I generally reuse my balls till they get in the shagbag and then when the stock of used runs low or out then I open a new sleave. Its that simple and first tee or not nothing changes.

Don't put much thought into it. Assuming the old one is fine I put it back i the bag and sometimes I grab that and sometimes I grab a new one. More likely I use a new one if riding on a cart since I like to pull a sleeve out and put it in the cup holder.

Doesn't matter to me since it's really hard to lose a ball on the first at my course.

I usually just grab whatever is handy. No special logic to it.

With the stash (horde) of balls I have amassed I have no problem teeing up a new ball on #1.

A fresh ball straight out of the sleeve for me. The first tee shot is usually my best shot of the day.

Usually play the same ball for 3 - 4 rounds before changing to a new one. So a new ball is used on the 1st tee about 30% of the time.

I grab a few balls out if the bag and put one of them in play. Could be new old be from last round

I'll use whatever I have in the bag.

I always over-think the first tee. Always use the ball I finished last round. If I have range time I tee off with driver, no range time 4 wood.

Whatever ball I'm currently using will be my first tee ball, and usually it's the last one I used from my most recent round. A brand new ball is sometimes used if I don't have anything left from the last round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on what I am playing for. If it is a scramble and I am trying to smash a drive I will pull out an old ball because it's more likely to go off line. If I am playing a league match or competitive round I will use a new ball.

I tend to grab any ball in my bag. After initial inspection, If I deem it it playable I play it new or not.

I prefer to use a ball that has been hit a couple times.

Every time I open a sleeve and put a new ball on the 1st tee, that ball seems to find the weeds/bush.

Normally start the round off with the same ball I finished the last and play it till I lose it.

The night before I normally mark a sleeve or two of new balls and add them to the 6 to 12 used/new balls that normally are still in the ball pocket of my bag. I don't pay attention to which ones I pluck out of the pocket to start a round. They're all the same brand/model with my mark on them. Any scuffed ones went in a different pocket for the shag bag.

Tournament - It's always a brand new ball. I like to start each tournament feeling like anything is possible.

Money Game - If the ball I was using the last round isn't in horrible shape, I'll use that... otherwise I will dump a new ball out of a sleeve.

Casual or Practice Round - Always a used, but not destroyed ball.

- Chuck

Back