First time playing since February

TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up my Mavrik irons right after the release date and played 2 rounds in sloppy conditions before Covid19. After our course reopened I wasn't motivated to get out there for whatever reason but I played Friday and now have the itch to get back to playing regularly.

I did have a couple embarrassing moments due to the Mavrik irons length. I totally spaced how long these were plus the last time I played them it was 40* and sloppy wet. On the first hole from 145 out I pulled 8i and proceeded to fly way over the green, took one bounce and landed in front of #2 tee box with a foursome teeing off. These irons are a club and half longer than my CF16 were which is crazy because I thought they were long.

My bag is going to need some tweaks to adjust to the length but that just means I get to buy new clubs. I already picked up a new Stroke Lab EXO 7s on sale for $179 Sat morning. I love the forgiveness of these clubs and don't regret trading in the CF16 for a minute.

Steve2100

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
rising
Glad to see you back out there. You’ll have those clubs dialed in in no time!

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Nice. I had the same experience into the wind when I switched to the TourB RX. What was a three club wind is now a one for my moonballs.

It’s a problem for sure, but one you’ll quickly adjust to.

Smiter

Dunce Cap For A Bit
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Not real sure how a putter is going to help with gapping but as a THP’er I fully approve of the thought process.

ddstanford

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Have fun! I've been trying to get used to my new clubs as well. Amazing to hit a 7 iron 20-30 yards farther than my old clubs!

Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Glad you are able to get back out and play.

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in