First time playing since February

TonyB

Reaction score
Handicap
I picked up my Mavrik irons right after the release date and played 2 rounds in sloppy conditions before Covid19. After our course reopened I wasn't motivated to get out there for whatever reason but I played Friday and now have the itch to get back to playing regularly.

I did have a couple embarrassing moments due to the Mavrik irons length. I totally spaced how long these were plus the last time I played them it was 40* and sloppy wet. On the first hole from 145 out I pulled 8i and proceeded to fly way over the green, took one bounce and landed in front of #2 tee box with a foursome teeing off. These irons are a club and half longer than my CF16 were which is crazy because I thought they were long.

My bag is going to need some tweaks to adjust to the length but that just means I get to buy new clubs. I already picked up a new Stroke Lab EXO 7s on sale for $179 Sat morning. I love the forgiveness of these clubs and don't regret trading in the CF16 for a minute.

Glad to see you back out there. You’ll have those clubs dialed in in no time!

Nice. I had the same experience into the wind when I switched to the TourB RX. What was a three club wind is now a one for my moonballs.

It’s a problem for sure, but one you’ll quickly adjust to.

Not real sure how a putter is going to help with gapping but as a THP’er I fully approve of the thought process.

Have fun! I've been trying to get used to my new clubs as well. Amazing to hit a 7 iron 20-30 yards farther than my old clubs!

Glad you are able to get back out and play.

Similar experience here. Glad you are back out there!!

Back