First tournament tomorrow

Flipit

Aka- ApexFan
Reaction score
Handicap
Well if you can call a scramble a tournament. Totally looking forward to it. Have some good partners and I’ve been designated as the go for it guy. So do I play my Srixon Z Star, TP5 or go with a 2 piece for distance? Hmmm!!!

Well if you can call a scramble a tournament. Totally looking forward to it. Have some good partners and I’ve been designated as the go for it guy. So do I play my Srixon Z Star, TP5 or go with a 2 piece for distance? Hmmm!!!
I think you'll get every bit of distance with the Z star or TP5 as you would with the 2 piece. Go with the Z star or TP5. They won't feel like a rock, especially when you mishit it as you go for it!;)

Good luck, and have fun!

I'd go with the Srixon Z-Star. I've been playing that ball for the better part of a month and been very happy with it!

Have fun ... play the ball with which you're most familiar.

Good luck, and have fun!

I'd go with the Srixon Z-Star. I've been playing that ball for the better part of a month and been very happy with it!
Thank you. I’ve been very fond of the Z Star lately and I played very Weill with it today.

I’ve been playing with the Zstar lately and really like it. I think the XV is a little longer but I like the few of the the regular Zstar

call me stupid, but is a scramble the same thing as best ball, but as a 4 man team?

Have fun and enjoy yourself! Maybe hit a few of both balls when you get in to warm up and then pick the one that's performing better for you that day.

Tourneys can be a ton of fun! Play what ball feels good to you. Enjoy your game.

Have fun and enjoy yourself! Maybe hit a few of both balls when you get in to warm up and then pick the one that's performing better for you that day.
Unfortunately I don’t think I will be wiling to donate either on the range. I think I’m gonna go Z Star but TP5 will be in the bag as they have been very long for me.

Where is @OldandStiff in this conversation? Valued opinion.

Any scramble I just play my normal ball. I know what to expect from that ball so that is one less variable. I have never had huge discussions with my team on those events. We do occasionally set up a putting rotation. Often though I like to be one of the last to hit off the tee or first. Depends on who I am playing with. If I am the longest hitter I want to go last to make sure we have a decent ball to play. If I am not, I often like to go first because most holes I can hit a driving iron and give us a solid option and let the others blast away.

I pretty much do the same thing on approach shots. If it is a par 5 I can reach but a difficult shot, I like those who know they can’t reach it to go first so I can make sure we have a good layup shot before I pull the trigger.

Anyways around here those tournaments are predominantly charity fundraisers and even the top team in the championship flight doesn’t win anything especially great. I play them to support worthy charities and have fun.

Where is @OldandStiff in this conversation? Valued opinion.
****, I don't know. I play my ball in anything that kinda matters usually. I've played '19 TP5X a couple times in scrambles in Texas because good grief that ball moves, but they wanted me as the long man in those. Usually I'm the one that has to stick it, so I stick with what I know.

If its a scramble just have fun that is what they are about.
If its a real tourney then try to relax and just play your game.

Get ready to lose to a 56. Otherwise have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did the tournament go, @Blade Man?

call me stupid, but is a scramble the same thing as best ball, but as a 4 man team?
A lot of people confuse scramble and best ball, but they're really two different games. In best ball, everybody on the team plays their own ball and your team score is whichever person shoots lowest on that hole. So if you, I, @Blade Man and @OldandStiff are playing as a team and I shoot a 6, you shoot a 5, Blade Man shoots a 5 and OldandStiff shoots a 4, our team score is 4 for that hole. Repeat for 17 more holes.

In a scramble, we all tee off, then we go to whoever hit the best shot and we all play from there. On every shot, we choose which of the four of us hit the ball we want to play, and everybody plays from that spot. When it comes to putting, all four of us get to putt from the same place. If three of us miss the putt and one makes it, the made putt is the one that counts. That's where the ridiculously low scores come from in scrambles (besides a lot of cheating), that our team gets four tries for each shot and we get to choose the best one every time.

Back