HITitHIGH

Reaction score
Handicap
For those that like fish, What is your favorite fish to eat and how is it prepared?

Tuna, sesame encrusted, blackened in olive oil, cooked medium rare

Salmon, fresh and RAW.

Grouper. Grilled or blackened.

I am really not a fan of fish, like I actively avoid it.

HOWEVER, on my honeymoon about 18 months ago, a guide we paid to show us around Saint Lucia, took us to the Friday Night Festival in Saint Lucia, and before we stopped a the festival, he took us to what he called the "Best Fish on the Island."

My wife and I were both skeptical since we don't like fish, but we figured "When in Rome."

They served us some grilled Mahi Mahi which was absolutely incredible. I looked like a total beginner trying to eat around the bones and everything, but it was absolutely incredible.

Tuna, sesame encrusted, blackened in olive oil, cooked medium rare
But be specific.

The only fish I eat, because I do not like the taste, are these specific fish tacos from one particular hole in the wall corner bar because the owner gave them to me one time and they were freaking amazing.. White, light fish, perfectly battered and fried, and with a cabbage and cilantro sauce that was unbelievable.

And I tried one bite of the shrimp amuse bouche at the distance bash last year. Not my favorite.

It's easier for me to list what fish I don't like. I like most all fish, grilled, fried, doesn't matter. But, I don't care for Salmon. Love the Lenten fish fries during this time!

Fried mahi mahi. Even better having it with French fries sitting in a Maui beach. Fresh, simple and oh so tasty

It's easier for me to list what fish I don't like. I like most all fish, grilled, fried, doesn't matter. But, I don't care for Salmon. Love the Lenten fish fries during this time!

I definitely am more prone to eat fried haddock, with french fries and cole slaw this time of year. Thanks @gkeller813 , I think I know what's for dinner tomorrow night.

Pretty much any fish, any way. However, my wife and son don't like excessively "fishy" fish, so we usually have swai. I'll either bake it with Thai green curry or pan fry seasoned with naturiffic garlicky lemon.

Grilled Mahi-mahi with lemon juice on top.

I love all fish.

•Sushi, the fresher the better. I like exotic stuff, and tend to stay away from the land lock staples (salmon, tuna, etc.)
•Fish and chips. Can't go wrong with fresh Atlantic Cod!
•Mahi Mahi Fish tacos, served with a pineapple habanero salsa, avocado crema, and shredded cabbage
•Grouper makes for the best fish sandwiches. But I like whole grouper as well..
•Fish Filet at McDonalds. Don't know what's in it. Don't care.
•Grilled Swordfish steak and eggs.
•Trout Almondine when I'm feeling fishy in a steak house.
•Cioppino or other fish stews are also great
• I even like canned Sardines!

I can go on and on. Rarely am I unhappy when there is fish involved in the meal.

I'll eat pretty much any fish, but cod is my favorite. Fried or grilled.

Cod, with seasoned panko bread crumbs and baked in the oven
Haddock (fish n chips)
Smoked Salmon
Sushi (just about anything they offer, except sea urchin)
Fresh water Trout - grilled or smoked
I've also had bluefish, expecting oily and strong flavored.... it was not, and it was excellent... all in the preparation, i guess.
Any kind of shellfish...

Sushi is definitely tuna. Everything else I don't care.

Grouper or Mahi

when I go to Florida, I have grouper every day for lunch or dinner

I love grouper, mahi, red fish, snapper, triple tail, lemonfish and tuna (grilled rare). My preference is for the fish to be grilled or pan roasted but a fried grouper sammich is a beautiful thing. Freshwater, give me white perch or bream.

I tolerate salmon for appeasement purposes.

I love all fish.

•Sushi, the fresher the better. I like exotic stuff, and tend to stay away from the land lock staples (salmon, tuna, etc.)
•Fish and chips. Can't go wrong with fresh Atlantic Cod!
•Mahi Mahi Fish tacos, served with a pineapple habanero salsa, avocado crema, and shredded cabbage
•Grouper makes for the best fish sandwiches. But I like whole grouper as well..
•Fish Filet at McDonalds. Don't know what's in it. Don't care.
•Grilled Swordfish steak and eggs.
•Trout Almondine when I'm feeling fishy in a steak house.
•Cioppino or other fish stews are also great
• I even like canned Sardines!

I can go on and on. Rarely am I unhappy when there is fish involved in the meal.

welp, I see the perfect answer has already been submitted. My work here is done.

I love fresh wild caught fish, the best is bone in Bluegill, beer batter, fried in peanut oil. The tail is a delicacy.

I'm funny with fish, because if I even get one bone then that's it ruined for me. Picky I know, but I've been that way even as a kid.

But I do like a grilled tuna steak with a simple chilli and lime maranade. And monkfish fillets with garlic and lemon are always a treat.

Allergic to shellfish though, so I tend to avoid a lot of fish places.

Aside from sushi, which I have loved for years, I just started to really embrace fish about a year ago. I wouldn't say it's my favorite thing, but every now and then I will get a craving for it, and I can still eat it even if it's not my top choice. I like flakey white fish like mahi mahi, grouper, snapper, hog fish, and thicker pieces like swordfish. They usually don't have a ton of flavor on their own so they will just soak up whatever rub/sauce you put on them.

I enjoy fish grilled or blacked. I especially like it grilled with a light rub and then finished with some Captain Rodney's Boucan Pepper Glaze or some Kosmo's Q rib glaze.

I don't mind salmon either, but it's definitely a stronger fish flavor. My mother used to make salmon croquettes when I was a kid, and I loved those. I also like tunafish, but I don't really count that as fish since it's not an actual filet.

e7959776-a911-40ac-bf54-f88a8d4f3a08.e0be414d4bffd87dfe27b4dded5dc4d0.jpg

Grouper or Mahi

when I go to Florida, I have grouper every day for lunch or dinner

Yes, whenever I'm in Florida, I tend to have grouper or mahi daily.

I pretty much like all fish, except tilapia. Raw, fried, grilled, doesnt matter...rolled up with or on top of rice, in a tortilla with some spicy dressings and slaw, or even as a fillet. Really love me some fish tacos.

Back