"Fit For Golf" exercise program

erock9174

Reaction score
Handicap
Anyone try the "Fit For Golf" program?
Saw an article about them in my monthly blast from SuperSpeed golf.

https://fitforgolf.blog/

I am trying them out on the superspeed program. Not the superspeed portion I am not all that interested in, just needed something to try and get back in the habit of working out regularly after being super lazy for the last several months (an injury hasn't helped.

I have enjoyed it so far, but only 3 weeks in. Don't now if it is better than what I would do on my own, but the app is great and definitely doing different exercises than I have been doing.

I paid $49.99 which for 12 weeks of some coaching is not terrible, but definitely not cheap. Will update as I get into it further.

Mr Hicksta has been on the train for a while, but don't think he comes on THP much lately.

I signed up for an assessment and then I think the 6 week off-season program. The assessment was done over skype, and was interesting to see where some of my limitations were.

The program itself I would say is very good, however it was tough for me to actually get all of the workouts in. I don't know if I'm slow or what, but it seemed like it was going to take 1.5-2 hours at the gym for each workout, plus many of them were supposed to be done as supersets, and some of the supersets involved exercises where some were on a piece of equipment, and some were not and I really didn't want to tie up machines at the gym while I went to the other room to do whatever non-machine exercise, so admittedly I didn't make it through the whole 6 weeks.

I do see some of his newer stuff has exercises you can do at home, so maybe that would help with some of the issues I had with tying up equipment.

Last edited:
I signed up for an assessment and then I think the 6 week off-season program. The assessment was done over skype, and was interesting to see where some of my limitations were.

The program itself I would say is very good, however it was tough for me to actually get all of the workouts in. I don't know if I'm slow or what, but it seemed like it was going to take 1.5-2 hours at the gym for each workout, plus many of them were supposed to be done as supersets, and some of the supersets involved exercises where some were on a piece of equipment, and some were not and I really didn't want to tie up machines at the gym while I went to the other room to do whatever non-machine exercise, so admittedly I didn't make it through the whole 6 weeks.

I do see some of his newer stuff has exercises you can do at home, so maybe that would with some of the issues I had with tying up equipment.

Thanks for the feedback, I've pondering this one, but haven't made the jump.

@mr.hicksta how do you do with the superset piece on the equipment and off?

The heck with Fit For Golf. I want to figure out how to work out as much as Tim McGraw the country singer. Plus he's got Faith Hill. That boy is jacked.

Thanks for the feedback, I've pondering this one, but haven't made the jump.

@mr.hicksta how do you do with the superset piece on the equipment and off?

Not hicksta, but I haven't had an issue. Most of the exercises I have been able to adapt to make things work. The A workout requires resistance bands for 1 1st exercise and a medicine ball for the 2nd. Could substitute cables for either/both. 2nd combo requires squats with a box/bench and bench press. I just subbed in dumb bells for the bench press, roll the bench into the squat rack for the box and boom I am ready to go.

the first week it took a while, but that was more because you are trying to make sure you do the motions correctly, right number of reps etc. Did the last couple in week 2 in about 45 minutes or less. The hard part is figuring out where to do the superspeed training. I will most likely start doing the superspeed portion on a separate day than the weight portion.

Not hicksta, but I haven't had an issue. Most of the exercises I have been able to adapt to make things work. The A workout requires resistance bands for 1 1st exercise and a medicine ball for the 2nd. Could substitute cables for either/both. 2nd combo requires squats with a box/bench and bench press. I just subbed in dumb bells for the bench press, roll the bench into the squat rack for the box and boom I am ready to go.

the first week it took a while, but that was more because you are trying to make sure you do the motions correctly, right number of reps etc. Did the last couple in week 2 in about 45 minutes or less. The hard part is figuring out where to do the superspeed training. I will most likely start doing the superspeed portion on a separate day than the weight portion.

Phew that you had me on the ignore list ;)

appreciate the response - is it 49.99 for 12 weeks only and then you reup with an additional fee?

Thanks guys for the feedback. Read some online reviews saying each workout can take 40min up to 70-75 min. I only have about 35 min of actual workout time at the gym with getting changed showering, and driving to/from. So I think this is one is out for me.

I did find a local golf fitness place that will do the TPI assessment similar to this program. We may try and work something out where I do the assessment with some take home tips on where to improve.

It was 49.99 for the program, then anything further would be an additional cost. The 49.99 was also a preorder price, think the regular list price was 99.99.

I did the superspeed at the range yesterday, warm up and superspeed took 26 minutes, but I stop and right down my speeds every 3 swings, so that might add a few minutes on. Then took me 45 minutes at the gym. So overall short of an hour and a half.

Looks like it could be money well spent!

I'm a little late responding, but I've been doing the 101 program for about 7 weeks so far. I've really liked it. There are definitely a lot of movements/exercises I would never do on my own and I like having the workout and supersets all put together for me. I can't say for sure whether it has translated directly into faster clubhead speed or anything like that, but I definitely feel stronger and more flexible.

I'm on level 2 of 3 at the moment and the workouts generally go like this. 1. A warm-up superset with 2 rounds of 4 exercises geared at independent hip and independent back mobility. 2. A superset with 2 rounds of 3 somewhat more difficult exercises, but nothing overly hard. 3. A superset of 3 rounds of 3 exercises geared more toward strength. The medicine ball exercises always fall here. 4. A superset of 3 rounds of 3 additional strength-type exercises. 5. A cool-down/mobility portion with 1 round of 3 exercises and/or stretches.

The core of the workout is really in #3 and #4 and I find that it definitely gets the heart pumping in addition to the strength training. I think it's a good total body workout - there is not a legs days and an upper body day or anything like that. Overall, I find that a lot of the exercises work the core even when they are working other body parts too and my back has felt better since I started.

I have been doing the program at home, which has worked well for me. That said, I think that to do it properly, you need to make sure you have the right equipment. I'd say that for the most part, if you have some dumbells (a range of weights because you will need both lighter and heavier) and resistance bands you can make it work. But, at least in the 101 program, there are medicine ball exercises in every workout and I gather that Mike (the developer of the program) thinks that they are integral. So to get the most out of it, I think you need not only a medicine ball, but a solid wall that you can throw the ball against as hard as you can. I lucked out on that aspect because I have two brick fireplaces in my house and a shop/storage area in the basement with a concrete floor for the slam exercises. Hopefully I'm not ruining the fireplaces, but it has worked so far. The only one I haven't really been able to do is the overhead throws because the medicine ball I have is bouncy and I don't really have enough room.

I'm a little late responding, but I've been doing the 101 program for about 7 weeks so far. I've really liked it. There are definitely a lot of movements/exercises I would never do on my own and I like having the workout and supersets all put together for me. I can't say for sure whether it has translated directly into faster clubhead speed or anything like that, but I definitely feel stronger and more flexible.

I'm on level 2 of 3 at the moment and the workouts generally go like this. 1. A warm-up superset with 2 rounds of 4 exercises geared at independent hip and independent back mobility. 2. A superset with 2 rounds of 3 somewhat more difficult exercises, but nothing overly hard. 3. A superset of 3 rounds of 3 exercises geared more toward strength. The medicine ball exercises always fall here. 4. A superset of 3 rounds of 3 additional strength-type exercises. 5. A cool-down/mobility portion with 1 round of 3 exercises and/or stretches.

The core of the workout is really in #3 and #4 and I find that it definitely gets the heart pumping in addition to the strength training. I think it's a good total body workout - there is not a legs days and an upper body day or anything like that. Overall, I find that a lot of the exercises work the core even when they are working other body parts too and my back has felt better since I started.

I have been doing the program at home, which has worked well for me. That said, I think that to do it properly, you need to make sure you have the right equipment. I'd say that for the most part, if you have some dumbells (a range of weights because you will need both lighter and heavier) and resistance bands you can make it work. But, at least in the 101 program, there are medicine ball exercises in every workout and I gather that Mike (the developer of the program) thinks that they are integral. So to get the most out of it, I think you need not only a medicine ball, but a solid wall that you can throw the ball against as hard as you can. I lucked out on that aspect because I have two brick fireplaces in my house and a shop/storage area in the basement with a concrete floor for the slam exercises. Hopefully I'm not ruining the fireplaces, but it has worked so far. The only one I haven't really been able to do is the overhead throws because the medicine ball I have is bouncy and I don't really have enough room.

Very cool. I bought a trx ball that doesn't bounce, was 30 bucks, but has been worth it. I have been doing it all at the gym, but didn't want a ball bouncing around all over the place. My wife is a trainer and she loves using medicine balls for the soft ball players she trains, will have to ask her if that is a common thing.

hope it pays off for the golf trip you having coming up!

Last edited:
Very cool. I bought a trx ball that doesn't bounce, was 30 bucks, but has been worth it. I have been doing it all at the gym, but didn't want a ball bouncing around all over the place. My wife is a trainer and she loves using medicine balls for the soft ball players she trains, will have to ask her if that is a common thing.

hope it pays off for the golf trip you having coming up!

Thanks buddy. It's the longest I've been able to make myself stick with working out in years, so I figure it can't hurt. Getting a medicine ball that doesn't bounce as much is something I'm probably going to look into. There is one exercise where you'd like at least a little bounce to get it back to you instead of just being dead, but I don't love having it be so bouncy since the point is to throw it as hard as you can. Sometimes I think I probably back off a bit to make sure I catch the rebound.

Thanks buddy. It's the longest I've been able to make myself stick with working out in years, so I figure it can't hurt. Getting a medicine ball that doesn't bounce as much is something I'm probably going to look into. There is one exercise where you'd like at least a little bounce to get it back to you instead of just being dead, but I don't love having it be so bouncy since the point is to throw it as hard as you can. Sometimes I think I probably back off a bit to make sure I catch the rebound.

this is the one I bought:

Not a lot of bounce to it.

Also, looks like Amazon basics has their model back in stock that is 12 cheaper. When I bought they didn't have it.

Last edited:

"back has felt better since," ball "slams"... You've sold me, Mike!

I have a 20 lb. slam ball I use--love it. It's helpful that my building has a gym in the basement too.

Mike has a pretty good discount going now. I decided to signup for the transformation program.

speaking with him and where my fitness level is at I’m starting with the 101 program but with block 2 instead of one then into the offseason program and into the Superspeed come may.

i knocked out my first workout today, the app was great, detailing everything out, still getting used to the nuances but out of the box very user friendly.

looking forward to updating this thread as I continue on my journey.

101 Phase 2 Workout B done this am

The mobility exercises are what I’m enjoying the most - some excercises are similar to yoga, the stength training portion is good to get into.

Heavy on the rotational exercises which is to he accepted.

The 30 second hang definitely surprised me at the end

All in all enjoying it looking forward to finishing this phase

I am going to look into it. I am currently doing something from Joey Dioviasalvi who is the trainer for Koepka and DJ. It is based on the book Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing. I am a few weeks in and I think it is pretty good so far but not necessarily revolutionary. It is hard to see at this point how it will affect me long range. I am combining it with Superspeed training that I generally do after the workout.

I just started week 7 and I am already starting to think I will be signing up for another program when this is complete. The app is fantastic and is helping me stay the course when it comes to working out regularly.

I just started week 7 and I am already starting to think I will be signing up for another program when this is complete. The app is fantastic and is helping me stay the course when it comes to working out regularly.

One of the best things about the app is that you can schedule workouts in the calendar, and it helps to hold you accountable.

It definitely is an All in One app, which I really like as well.

One of the best things about the app is that you can schedule workouts in the calendar, and it helps to hold you accountable.

It definitely is an All in One app, which I really like as well.

Yeah, reading back through I haven't really talked about it, but the app does a lot of things. Schedule/tracker/timer/exercise guide (each exercise there is a video showing/explaining how to do it, some seeing a video is the only way to explain it), it really lines everything out so well.

I am almost done with my 1st program (I stretched it out an extra week or so with the holidays). Overall I am very pleased with what I have gotten out of it. Planning and structure has gotten me to be in the gym at least 3 days week for the last 3 months and 5 days a week so far in January.

looking back I wish I would have started with a different program, but am glad I got back into it. I think I am going to hop back on the superspeed program next week.

For those that haven't signed up January 31st he is offering a monthly option with access to all the program, $12/month. I will be signing up as that would be $36 for 3 months vs the $50 I paid for the previous 3 months. That said I would pay $50 again for the next 3 months, it was worth it to me.

Great to hear Mancest.

I'm looking forward to his cookbook release as well as his workouts for hotel rooms and travel.

I've had some really good success with the first phase as well. Fell out of the routine for the last couple of weeks, but looking forward to getting into the offseason program next week.

Ive been following him on Twitter for awhile and today I took the plunge for $12 monthly membership where you get all his programs. Looking forward to starting it tomorrow. Been suffering from Piriformis Syndrome ( lower back pain, right ass cheek pain down to the knee) since October. Im hoping this will help get these old bones in shape.. Ill let ya know how it goes.

I need to get my butt going on this program!

Back