"Fit For Golf" exercise program

I have been doing it for a couple of weeks and it is a good solid workout program. My only issue is that some of the workouts are over an hour which by the time I get to the gym, warm up, stretch after and get home it is a two hour commitment.

I have been doing it for a couple of weeks and it is a good solid workout program. My only issue is that some of the workouts are over an hour which by the time I get to the gym, warm up, stretch after and get home it is a two hour commitment.

that’s why I quit p90x years ago. the X-Yoga workout was 90 min plus a warmup and cool down. With kids and such I just didn’t have the time to commit to it.

it was a great workout though. Lost 30 lbs in 45 days.

I did the entire superspeed program (12 weeks, but I spread it out a little over the holidays) and signed up for a year of premium. I am redoing superspeed and might do it another time before i change programs (I like doing this program during the season), but: here is where I am currently.

When I started, I didn't go over 95lbs on squats or bench press because I didn't want to be so sore I would give up the first week, this week I am just shy of 3 plates on squats and 2 plates on bench. I lifted weights in high school and college, but hadn't been in the gym for several years.

Speed wise, i was 89-91 with a driver, when I got on GC Quad last week I was 94 on several with 1 98. 7I, started @ 73, I was swinging most at 84 on the GC Quad, and had a couple touching 86. I have some inefficiencies in the swing and that shows in the driver swing not progressing as much as the 7I, but that is what lessons are for.

I enjoy the workouts and like that the superspeed at least is broken into 3 blocks of 4 weeks so it isn't repetitive. I don't do the superspeed portion of the workouts the same time/day as the lifting portions and I get most of the workouts done in about an hour. If I added on the superspeed that would probably add on 20-30 minutes for sure.

I think that the superspeed program in particular is doing the job of getting me to generate more power/speed. The ball throws and jumps are something I have never done before but it makes sense as to why they should be included. If you have the time and desire I definitely recommend checking the programs out especially since it can be done for $12/month. If you don't like it cancel and you aren't out a whole lot.

Last edited:
I’m almost done with the Offseason Phase 1 workout.

I completed 101 Phase 2 and 3 before hand.

I really like the workouts had my best one with the Offseason programs this am.

I actually skip the rest portion to keep the heart rate up and Really treat it as a superset.

Whoop Data from my workout this am

689FF94D-BA12-4C37-80E3-C7459BE09A76.png

My driver SS was 100 when I started back at the end of Nov - was 99-102 when I was on a monitor last month - excited to see what it is when I complete the program in April and start Superspeed in May

Highly recommend this for people who want golf specific programs - and even for people who want to get back into fitness.

I don't know the efficacy of the program but the fact that its getting you guys back in the gym and progressing is IMO a good thing. I need to do something myself. Have a program but just need to do it.

This is interesting, thanks for all the info. I need to do something. I might just give this a try! My lower back hurts every time I play golf.

Got an email that they are doing live classes for $1 during corona lockdown.

Giving it a try tomorrow morning at 10am.

I usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week so I feel super lazy after not going for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this jump starts me.

I was just wrapping up the offseason training program when my gym temporarily shutdown due to COVID-19. It is a very good overall fitness program that is certainly not "golf-specific". Each workout is divided into sections of a dynamic mobility warm-up, power, and strength. Like some others I reduced/eliminated the rest periods between some workouts on the same supersets to shorten some of the workouts and increase the difficulty.

For some background I've been lifting pretty heavily for ~10 years and have a very good baseline fitness level but not very good mobility. The workouts were pretty challenging and I noticed a marked improvement in my mobility and flexibility, particularly in the thoracic spine.

Got an email that they are doing live classes for $1 during corona lockdown.

Giving it a try tomorrow morning at 10am.

I usually go to the gym 4-5 times a week so I feel super lazy after not going for the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this jump starts me.

I've signed up for 3 of the 4 and I've really enjoyed them. I've gotten a good sweat and workout for just the body weight stuff. Need do yesterday's and hopefully he comes out with another one.

My bands for the Offseason program are back ordered until the middle of the month.

I've signed up for 3 of the 4 and I've really enjoyed them. I've gotten a good sweat and workout for just the body weight stuff. Need do yesterday's and hopefully he comes out with another one.

My bands for the Offseason program are back ordered until the middle of the month.

I really enjoyed the Sunday one, enough that I did it again tuesday night.

I got yesterdays but haven't done it yet, plan to tonight.

It definitely gets you a sweat going and feels good afterwards, not beat up but can tell it was enough to work the muscles.

My plan while the courses are closed is one night of this, next night spin bike for 30 mins, then fit for golf next night etc etc Figure 30 mins a night alternating will help keep me in shape while the gym is closed and hopefully make me a stronger golfer.

Back