Fit me for a 225 yard club!

LSMO

Team Smoked Charcuterie
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Alright, I though this would be a fun experiment. Did a gapping session today. My fairway is a 15* is a ex10 beta that I carry around 240. My 4iron is my 210 club. So I would like to fill the 225 gap. Will use off deck and tee. Prefer a hybrid or 5wd, I prefer not a lot of offset (not because it causes me to hook, just don’t like the look). I like matte finish, but not mandatory. I play a avx ball so I do need a little spin to keep it in the air ( I am very spinny with my irons). I don’t care what brand. Obviously the best route would be to get fitted but hard to do right now. So what does THP recommend?

When you say “matte” the first thing that comes to mind is matte black ping g410.

Cobra SZ 3h. Matte finish, 19 deg. Hit my 4i about same distance and I use the 3h for my 225-230 yrd club.

Perhaps a Ping G410 Hybrid. Seems to fit alot of your requirements. I play the 3 and 4 and they will not leave the bag anytime soon. Just a thought.

EXS 220 19* Hybrid with HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

Callaway Rogue X 3h 18*

Cobra SZ 3h. Matte finish, 19 deg. Hit my 4i about same distance and I use the 3h for my 225-230 yrd club.
I tried a cobra 3 19 hybrid, bought it off the forum here. The first time out we didn’t get along but does look the part for sure!

TEE CBX 5 wood

TEE EXS 220 5 wood. I see the CBx was also mentioned but didn't go with that because of my personal experience of not being able to hit it as well as my old Callaway. The CBx 3 wood is awesome though.

Callaway Epic Flash 5 wood

I have basically the same gaps. 15* 3W carries 240, 4 iron about 210, and the Mavrik Pro 2H fills it perfectly for me. Literally fills the entire distance between if I want it to. I can spin it up to land on a green anywhere down to about 200, and nuke it to 240 with minimal effort. My median is 223, but it's the most versatile stick in my bag, so I use it for varioius things. Looks like my smart distance is about 227.

Just love that thing. Unbiased head I can work both ways. Honestly the best hybrid head for me I've tried. I've raved and raved about it in the Mavrik FW & Hybrids thread. I've played it plenty with an avx, too. Never hit a knuckler. I don't understand why I don't hear more about the mav pro hybrids. I'm actually thinking of getting a 3 or 4 to go with a blade set I'm putting together.

I have basically the same gaps. 15* 3W carries 240, 4 iron about 210, and the Mavrik Pro 2H fills it perfectly for me. Literally fills the entire distance between if I want it to. I can spin it up to land on a green anywhere down to about 200, and nuke it to 240 with minimal effort. My median is 223, but it's the most versatile stick in my bag, so I use it for varioius things. Looks like my smart distance is about 227.

Just love that thing. Unbiased head I can work both ways. Honestly the best hybrid head for me I've tried. I've raved and raved about it in the Mavrik FW & Hybrids thread. I've played it plenty with an avx, too. I never understand why I don't hear more about the mav pro hybrids. I'm actually thinking of getting a 3 or 4 to go with a blade set I'm putting together.

I’m going to try this tomorrow!

Cobra SZ 5 wood? Cranked down a degree or so, it is an absolute weapon off the fairways and automatic off the tee on short par 4s.

Alright, I though this would be a fun experiment. Did a gapping session today. My fairway is a 15* is a ex10 beta that I carry around 240. My 4iron is my 210 club. So I would like to fill the 225 gap. Will use off deck and tee. Prefer a hybrid or 5wd, I prefer not a lot of offset (not because it causes me to hook, just don’t like the look). I like matte finish, but not mandatory. I play a avx ball so I do need a little spin to keep it in the air ( I am very spinny with my irons). I don’t care what brand. Obviously the best route would be to get fitted but hard to do right now. So what does THP recommend?
A 19ish* hybrid would be my pick. A little more versatile than a 5 wood especially since you already have a 3 wood. Of course you could always go with that U500 1 iron we hit in Georgia 😂

A 19ish* hybrid would be my pick. A little more versatile than a 5 wood especially since you already have a 3 wood. Of course you could always go with that U500 1 iron we hit in Georgia 😂

that was a fun club for sure!!

Titleist U510 1 or 2 iron. It's a cannon and the most forgiving club I've played. Great off the tee and deck.

I have it narrowed down to three choices:
1) g410 5wood
2) u510 2 iron
3) callaway maverick hybrid

hopefully make a decision this week

This is the answer ⬆...
Great club was going crazy long for me though. I want something where my max distance is 225-30. This had some that would fly that by 10/15 yards

Back