Fitting .370" shaft and .335 hybrid

Cruskater

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA Sucks
Club builders! Question for you. My wife just got a new Paradym hybrid but was going to be in the same shaft, a Motore X HB.
Turns out the Motore is a .370 and the head is a .335. Anyway to make this work?

Fuji says their ventus HB shafts can be tapered to fit .355

Fuji says their ventus HB shafts can be tapered to fit .355
Is this something most any club builder can do? Or is it more specialized? The usual guy I go to is on vacation and the other gent who is pretty good doesn't think he can do anything

Is this something most any club builder can do? Or is it more specialized? The usual guy I go to is on vacation and the other gent who is pretty good doesn't think he can do anything
I would assume so, I'd call the shop first to verify

Is this something most any club builder can do?

Is the head .335, or .355.
A .370 shaft can be tapered to fit a .355 head, but NOT a .335 head.
Not many hybrids use .335 shafts, which is the size of wood shafts.

You sure the hybrid adapter is .335? Callaway is .370 in hybrid as most hybrid shafts are .370 due to the ability to trim to head weight.

You sure the hybrid adapter is .335? Callaway is .370 in hybrid as most hybrid shafts are .370 due to the ability to trim to head weight.
Unless the guy had it backwards in his phone message. The shaft is 100% .370. It's coming off a TM Sim Max rescue (which I think is .370)/.

Can't find hosel specs for the Paradym hybrid right now. Searching it up.

Paradym hybrids are .370", the Apex UW is the only thing other than fairway woods that Callaway makes in .335" diameter.

Just got off the phone with a buddy who is a club builder and confirmed that the club builder was mistaken. Shaft is .370, adapter is .370. Everything should be fine! Thanks for the help. I was able to call the guy and nicely point that out.

Back