Fitting Question - Vendor Store Visits

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey everyone. For the first time in my golf history I am looking to get fit for irons. In my area we don't have a ton of fitting options. Our only real options include a general fitting from a store called Austads or an in depth fitting at Golf Etc. However, I know that a Callaway rep visits the Austads store once or twice a year and does fittings on the store simulator. My question is, does anyone have experience doing a fitting with a brand rep in a retail store and if so, how in depth is it? I'm trying to decide if I should wait for a rep to come this spring or if Golf Etc. would be the way to go.

Golf etc. Is ten fold better than Austads. That being said if you are in Omaha or the Cities I would do it there

The store by me does a really big demo day twice a year. For me it really all depends on the rep. I've gotten what I felt like were really solid fittings from some, others were basically "here's some clubs, try them".

Golf etc. Is ten fold better than Austads. That being said if you are in Omaha or the Cities I would do it there

Thanks Hox. Have you worked with Golf Etc in town?

In store fittings aren't my favorite because you don't get to see true ball flight and they depend on the rep from the vendor or the in store guy. I have heard good things about Golf Etc

Thanks Hox. Have you worked with Golf Etc in town?

Yeah he's pretty good the selection is why I say wait until you go to a bigger city. I went in to try and get a driver shaft and couldn't find one any better than the one I had in my old Titleist. He didn't try to push the one that was 3yds longer down my throat either. The only driver shaft options they had were Fujikura and matrix. To me that limits the fitting.

Yeah he's pretty good the selection is why I say wait until you go to a bigger city. I went in to try and get a driver shaft and couldn't find one any better than the one I had in my old Titleist. He didn't try to push the one that was 3yds longer down my throat either. The only driver shaft options they had were Fujikura and matrix. To me that limits the fitting.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I hesitate to go there. I've talked to him a couple of times and he seems to really know his stuff but the options aren't great. I may just have to make a trip to Minneapolis sometime before spring.

Back