FJ Flex or Puma Ignite NXT?

FatChance

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking for a lightweight spike-less shoe for the first time but am a couple hours from the nearest store with any selection to shop at. I really like the look of the white/red/blue FJ Flex, but the fanboy support for the NXT (lace style undecided, but probably in the grey colorway) is very strong here. If it matters, I usually ride at my age, have a 10 narrow foot and currently play an older FJ Coutour and new Adidas Tour360 Boost 2.0. But being in northern Arizona, water resistance isn't such a big deal and I want even more comfort and may wear the new shoe off-course. Whatever I get, it will probably end up with a Super Foot Green insole. Give me your best shot!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Haven't tried the FJ but wore my NXT for the first time today, walked the course and damn are these things comfy! I didn't get to try them on first, none local, but using the reviews here I bought a pair from the PGA superstore sale for less than $100 and I'm happy already after one round.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

if you can't try them on, and with your current choice of shoes, I would go for the Pumas in 9.5

Follow up: I had to drop off my wife at the Phoenix Airport this morning so I stopped at PGA Superstore in Scottsdale on the way home. I tried on a bunch of shoes. As for the Footjoy Flex vs Puma Ignite NXT, the Puma NXT Disc won the prize for best lightweight spikeless summer shoes. I am still going between the light grey disc or the quiet shade/black disc. I will have to go back down there on Monday to pick up my wife so I can take her to the store tell me which colorway I like the best.

But, it I were to want a soft-spike summer shoe, the white Adidas Response 4.0 was very nice. They would compliment my Adidas Tour360 Boost 2.0 shoes very well.

I have 10N feet, the Puma 9.5M fit me the best, but I could get by with 10M if I had to.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Recommend the NXTs

Have not tried the FJs.

I’m a puma homer though

I live in Tucson, AZ so waterproof is not an issue for me either. Haven't tried the FJ but the NXT are so comfortable I wear them around the house after my round. NXT

Back