JRamz

Rippin' and a tearin'
Reaction score
Handicap
Here's the link to the new Foot Joy shoe.

http://www.footjoy.com/catalog/productview.asp?c=322

What does everyone think? I am not a fan. I love my Chuck Taylors that I wear casually but I can't see rocking something like this on the course. Just not my look but I am sure there will be plenty of people that like them.

2011_us_56405

I don't like them. I don't like the way they look. They look plain. I guess they are ok if you like plain. I'm not into plain...

Good looking out JB. I was being lazy. Haha!

I like them. If nothing else, its something new that hasnt been done before. I dont think Id buy them for myself because they arent my style, but my girlfriend absolutely LOVES her Chuck Taylors and Id buy her a set if she gets into golf.
Shes talking about buying a set of clubs and taking lessons this summer, so I might be buying her a pair.

I kind of like the old Vans style look. Im not a big fan of the solid white but I could get down on those.

I have to say I hate them. Have never cared for any of FJ's nontraditional offerings so far.

I'm surprised FJ came out with something like this. They have always been known for the classical shoe and nothing street like. I guess they made one of these to meet all consumers needs.

I am not a fan either. I don't think i'd wear those off the course in that style either.

I really only like the all white ones, the others I think are a little too casual

I like them. If nothing else, its something new that hasnt been done before. I dont think Id buy them for myself because they arent my style, but my girlfriend absolutely LOVES her Chuck Taylors and Id buy her a set if she gets into golf.
Shes talking about buying a set of clubs and taking lessons this summer, so I might be buying her a pair.

You dont think this has been done before? In my opinion it is similar to the Nikes that came out last year and a run on many of hte other casual shoes that beat them to market by a year.

I'm surprised FJ came out with someone like this. They have always been known for the classical shoe and nothing street like. I guess they made one of these to meet all consumers needs.

I am not a fan either. I don't think i'd wear those off the course in that style either.

I was too Dent. But I think there is no question which brands are moving up in the golf shoe marketshares and which are not. This is an attempt to get a different demographic in my opinion and a pretty good one. I kind of like them, but would want to feel how soft and comfortable they are first.

Not for me. Don't like anything about them.

Reminds me of something that's straight out of "The Outsiders" or "Grease"

I saw these in the Golfsmith Catalog and went to look for some to try on. I probably skimmed the email for a release date but didn't see them in store. Definitely right where I like the style and I want to give these a good run. I did find it surprising to see these as well. I like all the different options we have for golf shoes.

IMO. FJ rested on the market the last several years and the competition took advantage and lots of market share. I see this as an attempt to be "cool" again.

What's really hard for me is when I look at the FJ Shoes I dont know, they just dont scream to me comfort. That's one of the most important things for me. The other part is I grew up in an era of skate shoes and more casual look. Jordans were worn to dances haha. But I think my demographics really play a part in what I want on my feet. Funny thing is, I have some footjoys that are more comfortable than most shoes I've ever worn... period.

If they were like the ECCO ones, I would probably wear them off the course. But not on. I want my feet to look normal, not like a hippie turned golfer :D

Not knocking Converses or those who wear them btw.

Do not like them at all (nor do I care for any of the other casual type shoes that have came out). Looks wise, Adidas has a lock on the market IMO.

I like the look. Would like to try them for comfort first, of course.

Not really what I'm looking for. I'll be in Indy on Friday and I'm planning to purchase a new pair of shoes, but I think I'm most interested in True Links Wear right now.

The black ones remind me of my regular everyday shoes that I have now and I absolutely love them. I like the idea of the solid white myself. If they made something similar to that in a women's shoe (as I haven't come across anything like it yet) I would definitely look into it.

The whites would be great with shorts I think.

You dont think this has been done before? In my opinion it is similar to the Nikes that came out last year and a run on many of hte other casual shoes that beat them to market by a year.
The Nikes are similar, but definetly different from the FJs. The FJs could pass off as Chucks, the Nikes could not.

not a fan of these... to me they look like bowling shoes. I prefer more traditional looking golf spikes or the Nike spikes that look like cross-trainers. Thats about as casual as I get.

You'd get thrown off of my course for wearing these.

I don't like them as golf shoes.

Back