Song Dog

Reaction score
Handicap
How much bigger do the FJ tops run? I have been told they run large. If I wear a medium, do I stay medium?
THANKS

I have found them to run a little big, but I also now run a little big, so it works out.

How much bigger do the FJ tops run? I have been told they run large. If I wear a medium, do I stay medium?
THANKS
They're a boxier fit. I wear an XL in almost everything but a FJ XL is a little bigger than I like and I'm a little bigger than I like for a FJ large.

I'm guessing you would be good with a small. Can always check the size guide.

THANKS
I wear in XL in most everything and have never noticed FJ to wear larger

I have found they are a definite full cut, not necessarily run larger. If you can find the athletic cut, I’d definitely go for that. It’s trimmer, although I wouldn’t exactly say it’s an athletic cut. Seems difficult to find over here though.

My suit size is a 40R, 42" chest and I have a few FJ shirts in small and medium. They do run large.

They definitely aren't the sportiest of fits. Boxier, as mentioned earlier in the thread, is a great descriptor.

Yeah I size down in FJ but they also have pretty easy returns too. So if you buy online it's easy to send it back.

They definitely run large. I normally wear a L shirt, but wear a S in FJ polos :oops: To give you a better idea, I'm a 42S with a 42"chest

I'm about six feet and 200 pounds and used to be "XL" but in recent years that same size is called "L" and I find that many Footjoy shirts are still baggy looking even in size "L". Depending on the specific shirt I may be able to wear a Footjoy size "M" but those tend to be clingy around the "man-boobal area". For me the ideal is size "L" in the shirts labeled "Athletic Fit".

Which is a terrible misnomer. There is no one on Earth who would look at me and use the word "athletic" in a non-ironic context.

I'm about six feet and 200 pounds and used to be "XL" but in recent years that same size is called "L" and I find that many Footjoy shirts are still baggy looking even in size "L". Depending on the specific shirt I may be able to wear a Footjoy size "M" but those tend to be clingy around the "man-boobal area". For me the ideal is size "L" in the shirts labeled "Athletic Fit".

Which is a terrible misnomer. There is no one on Earth who would look at me and use the word "athletic" in a non-ironic context.
That's like having to buy slim fit pants so they don't look like the bottom is eating your whole foot.

Im usually a large and went medium and that still felt a little big on me

That's like having to buy slim fit pants so they don't look like the bottom is eating your whole foot.
I was recently killing time before my round at a resort course and watching groups of golfers go by. I remember wondering if all of these guys were really as fat as they looked or if maybe they were just a little overweight like me but wearing shirts and pants cut to fit a middle aged walrus. A particular tragedy was the shorts. So loose each leg-hole was big enough for two legs and so long they swallowed their knees.

Ive found FJ to fit larger and boxier than any golf polo ive ever tried

Im a Small in most brands, medium for slim fit/athletic cut tops. If FJ made an XS then thats what I would buy. A FJ Small is bigger everywhere overall than Peter Millar Crown Crafted (slim fit) Medium

I just got fit for a suit so I know im a 40" chest. FJ's size chart says S is 34'-36" and M is 38" - 40". The small is still wider across the chest than everything else I own

Last edited:
Back