DMoney79

War Damn Eagle!!
Reaction score
Handicap
I played a round with some fellow THPers last weekend and I was driving the ball well, thanks G400. I had a lot of wedges less than full shots. My score would have been much lower last weekend but my wedges just didn't pull their weight. I need help flighting wedges down I've always hit them high and am struggling with accuracy especially when wind abounds. I tried moving ball back in my stance just not working. Let me know some of the things you do to lower that wedge flight.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played a round with some fellow THPers last weekend and I was driving the ball well, thanks G400. I had a lot of wedges less than full shots. My score would have been much lower last weekend but my wedges just didn't pull their weight. I need help flighting wedges down I've always hit them high and am struggling with accuracy especially when wind abounds. I tried moving ball back in my stance just not working. Let me know some of the things you do to lower that wedge flight.

Thanks

What does your wedge setup look like? What lifts are you playing?

What does your wedge setup look like? What lifts are you playing?

60, 56, and 52' with a 46' pw

60'-100yds, 56'-115yds, 52'-125yds, and PW-135yds

Use the 60 for 80 yds shots, 56 for 100, 52 for 115. 3/4 swings with low hand follow through will not only flight the edges down but dial in those distances.

Use the 60 for 80 yds shots, 56 for 100, 52 for 115. 3/4 swings with low hand follow through will not only flight the edges down but dial in those distances.

Thanks Freddie I'll work on it gotta get my wedges going!

60'-100yds, 56'-115yds, 52'-125yds, and PW-135yds

Dang those are some longer yardages for wedges. What shafts do you play in them?

KBS tour V in the PM grinds and S300's in 52' and PW

This right here is what I learned in 2016. The harder you swing, the higher it goes! Once I went to stronger lofts and 3/4 swings my ball flight window was perfect and spin actually increased. Sooo much easier to control distance now too. I pretty much never swing any wedge full anymore unless I actually need a high soft one.

KBS tour V in the PM grinds and S300's in 52' and PW

maybe moving to the same model shaft in all 4 wedges would be a good starting point.

Thanks Freddie I'll work on it gotta get my wedges going!

Like Freddie said, low hands on the follow through really helps to loft the ball down with your wedges. I started doing this alot for 3/4 or less swing wedges to control the height. Works awesome.

Dang those are some longer yardages for wedges. What shafts do you play in them?

Haha... See? I'm not the only one. lol

This right here is what I learned in 2016. The harder you swing, the higher it goes! Once I went to stronger lofts and 3/4 swings my ball flight window was perfect and spin actually increased. Sooo much easier to control distance now too. I pretty much never swing any wedge full anymore unless I actually need a high soft one.

Yeah can't wait to work on it been sick for the past two days but got a round on Saturday of course with THPers. We will see always fun improving the game love a challenge!

Like Freddie said, low hands on the follow through really helps to loft the ball down with your wedges. I started doing this alot for 3/4 or less swing wedges to control the height. Works awesome.

Haha... See? I'm not the only one. lol

Yeah gotta get the flight down my accuracy is all over the place can't wait to try it out on the course and range.

Worked on this last week and took it to the course last Saturday. Flight has come down but the thing that surprised me the most was the amount of spin I was getting. It looked like I was pulling them back with a string. I usually have a little zip back but unbelievable. I had a 104yd shot into a Par 4 and zipped it back about 25-30ft. Thanks for the tip I will continue to work on it!
Thanks Freddie!!!

Worked on this last week and took it to the course last Saturday. Flight has come down but the thing that surprised me the most was the amount of spin I was getting. It looked like I was pulling them back with a string. I usually have a little zip back but unbelievable. I had a 104yd shot into a Par 4 and zipped it back about 25-30ft. Thanks for the tip I will continue to work on it!
Thanks Freddie!!!

Now you can toss them past the pin and bring them back, control that distance.

Thanks for the guidance. Wedge play is my focus this year.

I don't think I ever hit a full wedge. It's so much easier to control the distance by going 3/4. Learning that if you take the club back waist high, shoulder high, etc ... & it goes THIS far & so on down the line with every club. Learn to hit each wedge like that & "muscle memory" will take over when you need it.
Incidentally @DMoney79 .... the further back you play the shot in your stance & you hit it with a full swing, the more spin you will put on it anyway. You end up ballooning the ball & coming up short. Play it back, but only a 3/4 swing & finish with hands low. Watch the trajectory come down.

I don't think I ever hit a full wedge. It's so much easier to control the distance by going 3/4. Learning that if you take the club back waist high, shoulder high, etc ... & it goes THIS far & so on down the line with every club. Learn to hit each wedge like that & "muscle memory" will take over when you need it.
Incidentally @DMoney79 .... the further back you play the shot in your stance & you hit it with a full swing, the more spin you will put on it anyway. You end up ballooning the ball & coming up short. Play it back, but only a 3/4 swing & finish with hands low. Watch the trajectory come down.

I have seen this in action many times!

D Money is a pretty big guy. A very nice guy too. Oh and wicked smart.

I’ve started playing a lot of my shots with this in mind really not losing any distance just making much better contact!

D Money is a pretty big guy. A very nice guy too. Oh and wicked smart.

Yeah I’m getting bigger and bigger as this winter continues on that’s why I’m also on the Biggest Loser thread...

Back