Flint Hills National. If only once in your Lifetime! (Picture intensive)

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
This will be very hard to convey just what we were lucky enough to have the opportunity to enjoy this weekend, but I'll do my best. I've been forchanant to play on some truley nice tracks in my lifetime, but this one took the cake. FHN is a private course, just outside of Wichita, Ks and was built by a guy who has a strong love for the game. On the carts and at different location throughout the course you will find thier motto displayed as a reminder:

"Please Show Respect For The Game Of Golf"

With that said, the course has the standard rules such as collard shirts, no denim, etc. They also expect no hats to be worn in the club house, all rules apply standard to the game of golf and respect each other, the course and yourself by having the greatest possible time while visiting.

The course is set up so that you cannot see another fairway or green from any other fairway/green on the course, lol. Treelines, hills, tall grass and lake abound to make this not only a very tough track, but beautiful.

P1020782.jpg

I started with this picture, (above), because it represents what you often feel on this course, lol. I will post a few pictures now and a few more over the next day or two as I get the time. My health has not been good and yesterday was rather hard on me, but I truley enjoyed being with these guy's, partaking this course and showing all of my friends here at THP what layes right here in the central USA. Please enjoy:

P1020755.jpg

Here's a common sight on the course, look at the grass.
P1020726.jpg

Here I am, like my new hat? This may be the best purchase I have ever made. It's a "soaker". Fill it full of water and slap the puppy on, lol.
2010-06-26201232211.jpg

P1020735.jpg

What a motley crew, the boy's and I!
P1020734.jpg

P1020737.jpg

P1020740.jpg

P1020778.jpg

P1020761.jpg

P1020777.jpg

More to come. I have to check out of the motel and get on the road, but will post again as time allows.

Looks great Duey. How come you changed hats for the photo? LOL. Pretty nice follow through for an old feller, too. Hehe.

Kevin

fabulous pics duey! love places that truly embrace what golf should be all about!

Great pics Duey, glad you had fun. I like those type of courses where you are alone on the hole and do not see anyone else around you. We havea few of those type courses out here but they are more the desert type and not like this one with all the trees.

That place looks nice Duey. Im glad you got to play it.

Great pics Duey. Looks like a beautiful course. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks everyone, the place was really cool. Esox, I didn't figure the hat looked too cool, lol, but kind of like the look now. I need to like it for the $60 bucks they charged me, haha.

In one photo above there's one of our fourcaddy. His name is Bennt and let me tell you, this guy worked his ass off. Must be in his 70's yet he ran to each shot to give a measurement, clean the club after the shot, direct us on what part of the green to hit, it was crazy. On the green he ran to each ball to mark it, clean it and read the line for us, lol. We tipped ol Benny well.

One of the guy's mentioned he was afraid of wrecking his cart because it cost more than his pickup. These things had head and tail lights, horns and the really nice seats that sort of wraped around you, haha. I played in a bennefit tournament last year and won the grand prize of playing here with three friends, so I took the guy's that played at that tournament with me. Cleveland was there the day before we arrived and had a demo day for their members, if only I could have made that.

P1020738.jpg

P1020768.jpg

P1020743.jpg

P1020746.jpg

The greens on this place were pretty crazy. Lots of slope and fast.
P1020762.jpg

Looks like an amazing course! One of the great ways to enjoy mother nature's finest.

Thanks Dirt, I was amazed it was in Kansas, lol. Right under my nose. I lived there for years and heard very little about it because its very private. $350 rounds can do that.

It was a great time Bird, wish you boy's were there!

Back