Floor Cleaner Review- Tineco Floor One S3

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Probably a stupid thread, but I know a lot of us have tile floors so I’m posting it anyway.

My old lady and I split household duties- and she would make a Drill SGT proud. If the house isn’t white glove status she makes my life hell until it is. I get to do the floors- my only caveat- I must have a floor cleaner.

Our old house was 1400 square feet, and every square inch was tile. We had an older Hoover Floormate that served us well for several years until it let out some magic smoke and died. I replaced it with the newer model, that I waited 30 days to use, it never worked, and we burned 200 bucks.

New house is 2600 square feet with carpet in the bedrooms for now 🙄, but about the same amount of tile. I agreed to swifter occasionally but refuse to sweep and steam mop the whole house.

Tineco put their cleaners on sale for Black Friday so we got 60 bucks off the S3, around 400 bucks regular price. I wasn’t sure about spending that much, and that it was cordless. Plus, the water and dirty tanks were about half the size of the first floormate. And, all of the computerized **** scared me- and I figured it was all ********. I read the reviews (pretty good) but wasn’t sold. The Black Friday sale plus my old lady nagging me about the floors pushed me over the edge. We ordered one. I really wanted the bigger S5 but for 160 more I didn’t think it was worth it.

This thing is legit. My floormate used damn near a gallon of solution to clean the house and left the floors wet for up to an hour after. And I had to empty the dirty tank 2-3 times and fight the cord. Took me 2 hours to do the whole house.

The tineco is the real deal. 2 fresh tanks and the dirty tank lasted the whole house. It doesn’t flood the floor and they are dry within 15 minutes. I assumed the auto-sense for floor dirtyness was ******** but it really seemed to bump up the power appropriately in the high traffic areas.

It doesn’t like long, thick ass hair (from my old lady) but didn’t mind short pet hair (have a poodle…) I purposely didn’t sweep before I ran the cleaner like I had to with the floormate- and it did much better than expected.

Overall- for a floor cleaner- 4.5/5 stars. Highly recommend. Battery lasted for the whole house except for master bath on auto mode. On MAX I would expect it to cover half. Takes 4-5 hours to recharge. Easy to disassemble and clean, uses a capful of detergent per fresh water tank. Doesn’t clean heavy stains- think dried drops of sugary fluid- but handles pretty much everything else.

Highly recommended.

Just in case anyone else is looking for a floor cleaner. Goddamn this post makes me feel like an old man. lol.

Sooooo I have floor duty too. So you pre vaccum? Or just do everything at once? I had and old hoover floor mate that I liked but they barely held up.

Special solution or can you use pine sol if you wanted to?

Sooooo I have floor duty too. So you pre vaccum? Or just do everything at once? I had and old hoover floor mate that I liked but they barely held up.

Special solution or can you use pine sol if you wanted to?
I had to pre sweep with the floormate. The tineco just does work. Had to stop a couple of times to clean hair.

I just used a capfull of tineco cleaner (included) with each fresh tank. With the floormate I used a big ass capful of fabuloso with each tank, had my house smelling like a carniceria. Lmao.

This thing is a BEAST. Worth the money. Cleans in about half the time, giving me more time to watch football on my day off.

If you can spring for the S5, probably a little better with the bigger tanks- but not necessary.

Back