Florida Gathering

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Ladies and gentlemen that live in FLA, I would like to put together a small outing before the end of the summer. Nothing fancy just a day of golf and saying hello. Anyone in Florida is welcome to join, for that matter anyone willing travel in is welcome to join.
There are too many of us with miles of each other and all we know is what we type and read. So I would like for us to get together and chase the little pill around the golf course.
We can play any of a number of courses. If you are coming to next years outing we can play at Grand Cypress. We can play at Reunion the home of the Morgan cup. We can swing away at Championsgate or even JB's old stomping grounds Windermere CC. The old stand by of OCN is always a great place to play as well.

This will take some organizing but I am willing to do the leg work if you are willing to come and play. Please share with me if you are interested in playing and waht dates might work for you at the end of July or first couple of weeks in August.
I look forward to hearing back from whom ever is interested.

EDIT: Ok we are all set for September 10, 2011 at Grand Cypress. Our tee times are 9:00, 9:10 and 920am on the North/South. The rate is $69.00 a man all day, so those that want to play another 18 on the new course are welcome to do so. I will need to know who plans on doing that so I can secure the times.
Please get me your hdcps so that I can start getting some teams and games together. Nothing crazy just some closetest to the pin, long drive, straight drive..unless someone else has some suggestions. I am hoping we can have a skins pot based on full hdcp. I am open to any all suggestions. Majority rules unless we all start waffling on a choice. We can always just play golf and yuck it up, no preasure.

Last edited:
if it gets pushed to Sept, count me in lol

I would be interested, as long as it was my off weekend.

Mike, that may be the case...

I'm in, just let me know where and when..

Keep me up to date, Tad. August might be a little tough for me but towards the end or even into September might be better. Just let me know though.

Mike, that may be the case...

that would be AWESOME, I will be there the 17th-24th, so like the 18th if we had to do a weekend would be PERFECT as I fly out early on the 24th

I'm in. Sounds like a good time. Let's get this organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm guessing it will be in Orlando? I will most likely have to miss this. Would be great to meet more of the THP'ers.

Hi Everyone. I am in the Tampa area, and would love to be able to meet up and play in the Orlando area. I just played Championsgate this past weekend, and would be interested in heading over to Grand Cypress or some other course. I'm around for most of the summer. My attendance will just hinge on what is going on with the kids/family the weekend of choice.

I would love to, but with a newborn in the house it probably won't be possible. Later is better in that regard, but don't mind me. I'll keep an eye out and if the final date works then great, if not I'll catch the next one.

I am willing to have this get together where ever it is most convenient for everyone. I'll travel to play, no problem there...if we get more folks interested we can move forward with a locale

I am willing to have this get together where ever it is most convenient for everyone. I'll travel to play, no problem there...if we get more folks interested we can move forward with a locale

Anywhere like Championsgate, OCN, Grand Cypress, Southern Dunes, World Woods, etc works for me.

I'm always up for a round in Orlando. Keep me posted. It would be great to meet other THP members.

Hi Everyone. I am in the Tampa area, and would love to be able to meet up and play in the Orlando area. I just played Championsgate this past weekend, and would be interested in heading over to Grand Cypress or some other course. I'm around for most of the summer. My attendance will just hinge on what is going on with the kids/family the weekend of choice.

I'm in Tampa & have played with a few guys from here as well that are also THP'ers. I'm in lets see how many respond and maybe get something mid way if they want. Either way I 'm playing with my future roomy Tadashi...Hey ddelise where do you normally play. You might be able to join someday. I have enjoyed meeting & playing with THP members.

Interested as well would be a little bit of a drive from North Florida so if the info is right and everything I'd be in. It would be pretty awesome if somebody could through the price to play up there as well, never played in Central Florida. It's not a big deal and I'm sure I could find it somewhere online, but one of you Orlando guys could probably tell me a whole lot faster.

Interested as well would be a little bit of a drive from North Florida so if the info is right and everything I'd be in. It would be pretty awesome if somebody could through the price to play up there as well, never played in Central Florida. It's not a big deal and I'm sure I could find it somewhere online, but one of you Orlando guys could probably tell me a whole lot faster.

Summer greens fee are pretty affordable in central Florida at some
of the areas nicest courses. It looks
like this will happen, so I will start looking at available courses/pricing

I'll play anywhere, but it would be nice to try the Grand Cypress since that's where the 2012 outing is. I've never played there.

I'm in Tampa & have played with a few guys from here as well that are also THP'ers. I'm in lets see how many respond and maybe get something mid way if they want. Either way I 'm playing with my future roomy Tadashi...Hey ddelise where do you normally play. You might be able to join someday. I have enjoyed meeting & playing with THP members.

Hello. I play all around the area, any where as far North as World Woods, south as Waterlefe, and east as Orange County National. There are so many nice courses and they are usually reasonably priced that I don't mind driving about an hour to play. Just let me know where/when you play next and I would love to be able to join and meet some fellow THP'ers.

Wow, lots of interest.

I might have to fly down if I can use my miles for a free flight.

Seattle to Florida is a long flight, and can get pricey.

Thanks for organizing.

This is looking like a reality, can't wait.

I played World Woods and Grand Cypress this spring. Both nice, but WW is one of my all time favorites. Grand Cypress on that weekend had a 6 hr round. Hit, and wait 10 min was the mode all day...

Spring golf in orlando can be a long day with all the snow birds about.

I played World Woods and Grand Cypress this spring. Both nice, but WW is one of my all time favorites. Grand Cypress on that weekend had a 6 hr round. Hit, and wait 10 min was the mode all day...

Back